PDA

View Full Version : Panzer Dragoon IS IN STORES NOW, are you getting it?

Ninja Scroll
01-15-2003, 10:37 AM
I heard a few rumors in da forums today, so I just called up my local Software Ect. and da manager told me it's in stores NOW!
He just got his shipment today!

So are you getting yours today, or this week for that matter?

I have to call up Circuit City now since they are running a promo for a $10.00 gift card with purchase.
I will update soon on it.:)

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/xbox/panzerdragoonorta/p_screen036.jpg

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 10:42 AM
Yes, I'm going out in an hour to check. I don't believe in calling stores though to look for a game. I am very excited. I originally hated Xbox until I heard PD Orta was coming. I'm so excited.:eek: :eek: :eek:

AlBoogy
01-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Of course Im getting it. I never played the saturn versions, not many did, but to the people who did they are the greatest games ever. And now with all these good reviews floating around, its a must have.

Oh yeah and Ninja,

"No, im either will get it later or not at all."
Nice english. heh

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Of course Im getting it. I never played the saturn versions, not many did, but to the people who did they are the greatest games ever. And now with all these good reviews floating around, its a must have.

Oh yeah and Ninja,

Nice english. heh I have the game on Sega Saturn. I'm holding the copy in my hand right now. However, several people did have the Panzer Dragoon Demo to Saturn because it came with the system.

AlBoogy
01-15-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I have the game on Sega Saturn. I'm holding the copy in my hand right now. However, several people did have the Panzer Dragoon Demo to Saturn because it came with the system.

You should see what you would get for it on ebay. I bet you would get some good money for it.

studepaber
01-15-2003, 11:55 AM
I just picked it up on my lunch break and will give initial impressions tonight. Looks and sounds like a winner to me.

Insane Jester
01-15-2003, 11:56 AM
I don't believe in calling stores though to look for a game Quoted by Burning Ranger.

why dont u believe in calling stores for games ? thats abit wierd to me ...

and yes i carnt wait to get it it looks well ..

AlBoogy
01-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Insane Jester
Quoted by Burning Ranger.

why dont u believe in calling stores for games ? thats abit wierd to me ...

and yes i carnt wait to get it it looks well ..

I guess he would rather waste his time and go to the store first. Ranger is weird like that.

Dre
01-15-2003, 01:21 PM
I guess he would rather waste his time and go to the store first. Ranger is weird like that.

But I thought we'd established in another thread that Ranger really needed to get out more. This is a good chance... now, if a chick sticks her hand on top of yours, bring her back to your place this time BR :D:D

hehehe..

Anyhoo, really looking forward to having enough money to get this game. I'm a big fan of this style of animation.. anyone know if the cutscenes are voice-acted? In the demo it was just text...

Ninja Scroll
01-15-2003, 01:49 PM

Oh yeah and Ninja,

Nice english. heh

Actually the series is not considered da greatest ever.

The only game out of the 3 previous Panzer titles to ever get critics acclaim was "Panzer Dragoon Saga". It's the RPG version.

I own da first Panzer (it's also included as a bonus on Orta) and it's basically da same as this new version. Except for all da bells & wissels. ya know, graphics and stuff.

Saga was considered da greatest Saturn game ever. It was in limited release in da U.S. cause it came out as da Saturn was fading out.
If ya go on Ebay you can get an un-opened copy for a couple hundred dollars now!:eek:

I really wish I did'nt pass on it, but I had my Saturn stolen and had no reason to get it once it was out.

I still have several titles for Saturn, but most of dem got stolen with my Saturn...:( .. long story.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/xbox/panzerdragoonorta/p_screen005.jpg

This is "Orta" right here.
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/xbox/panzerdragoonorta/p_screen040.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/xbox/panzerdragoonorta/p_screen039.jpg

Chaotic
01-15-2003, 02:09 PM
I bet you wonder who stole that saturn system from you don't you ;) :p

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-15-2003, 02:10 PM
I might have to wait and buy it.....if dead or alive volleyball comes out this month, all bets are off....but, for the record panzer dragoon is a must buy game....

VeNoMiZA
01-15-2003, 02:27 PM
nah this game is *** top me... just like house ofthe dead..... it moves u all u dop is shoot....... i rather earn up and get my snk vs capcom and my xbl kit.

Spaztic
01-15-2003, 02:43 PM
yeah if this is anything like the shooter on saturn you can count me out because that game blows! I will probably just rent it! Thats if I don't see a movie I want to see!

Xbox Owner
01-15-2003, 02:55 PM
I was going to get it..but I dunno. Don't really want it anymore..plus I wanna check out fable.

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 02:57 PM
I am really ticked right now. Circuit City did not have the game or EB. Babbages and Toy's R Us had it though. I refuse to shop at Babbages because they treat Xbox fans badly. I buy from EB because they do nothing but praise Xbox fans. Today was a horrible day. No PD Orta and I got another Kirby in my Burger King Big Kids Meal.:mad:

Xbox Owner
01-15-2003, 03:07 PM
I am really ticked right now. Circuit City did not have the game or EB. Babbages and Toy's R Us had it though. I refuse to shop at Babbages because they treat Xbox fans badly. I buy from EB because they do nothing but praise Xbox fans. Today was a horrible day. No PD Orta and I got another Kirby in my Burger King Big Kids Meal.:mad:

Who cares? You would rather not have the game then shop at babbages? damn i would hate to be you

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
Who cares? You would rather not have the game then shop at babbages? damn i would hate to be you I'm only buying the game at Circuit City because of the $10 giftcard. That is why I'm waiting til friday. I am telling you the truth that whenever I purchased an Xbox game at my Babbages, they would tell me Xbox sucks and I wasted my money on a system with only one good game. That's why I stopped shopping there. If I didn't care about the giftcard, I would have bought it at Toy's R Us today.;)

VenoM
01-15-2003, 03:37 PM
I got another Kirby in my Burger King Big Kids Meal.:mad:

:confused: wait......how old are you???...arent you over 18 and out of high school??....haha...are you serious?? im sorry but i find it extremely funny and hard to believe you still get happy meals or kid meals whatever there called at burger king......thats the funniest thing i heard all day :p

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
:confused: wait......how old are you???...arent you over 18 and out of high school??....haha...are you serious?? im sorry but i find it extremely funny and hard to believe you still get happy meals or kid meals whatever there called at burger king......thats the funniest thing i heard all day :p I normally don't get Big Kids or Kids meals at Burger King. It was just that they were giving away Nintendo characters as their toy. When McDonalds had Ninendo toys in happy meals, I went their all the time when I was a kid. I'm just doing the same thing over agin. I wasn't too hungry away so it was okay.

Actually, I'm 20 years old. I don't see what the problem is with a 20 year old buying a Big Kids Meal. I'm a big kid.:)

AlBoogy
01-15-2003, 06:06 PM
I normally don't get Big Kids or Kids meals at Burger King. It was just that they were giving away Nintendo characters as their toy. When McDonalds had Ninendo toys in happy meals, I went their all the time when I was a kid. I'm just doing the same thing over agin. I wasn't too hungry away so it was okay.

Actually, I'm 20 years old. I don't see what the problem is with a 20 year old buying a Big Kids Meal. I'm a big kid.:)

Wow, I am speechless. I hope they were at least characters like conker and not princess peach. Now if they had master chief "action figures" then I would consider lol

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Wow, I am speechless. I hope they were at least characters like conker and not princess peach. Now if they had master chief "action figures" then I would consider lol No, they have Donkey Kong, Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Yoshi and Wario. I want Mario or Luiji, not Kirby although I love his games.

Heavens Gate
01-15-2003, 08:20 PM
I bought it and am on the 7th level. The game looks fantastic. It plays very well too. There's lots of chapters and sub-chapters and unlockables. Truly this is the best looking flight shooter ever.:)

Liquid Gears
01-15-2003, 08:25 PM
I may possibly buy it later in the year, we'll see

studepaber
01-15-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
I bought it and am on the 7th level. The game looks fantastic. It plays very well too. There's lots of chapters and sub-chapters and unlockables. Truly this is the best looking flight shooter ever.:)

What's the best looking level (in your opinion) thus far? I'm on the second level and the scenery is just mind-blowing. By the way PDO's a great game, controls are somewhat easy to pick up (although I keep forgetting to turn around and shoot enemies behind me :( ) but this game is candy for the eye indeed.

robnyack
01-15-2003, 08:28 PM
i was fairly disappointed in the demo (seem to always be disappointed in demos), and was sorta over my fascination of this game, but based on the across the board fantastic reviews I've been reading about this game, I am now re-interested!

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/22234.asp (http://)

studepaber
01-15-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
i was fairly disappointed in the demo (seem to always be disappointed in demos), and was sorta over my fascination of this game, but based on the across the board fantastic reviews I've been reading about this game, I am now re-interested!

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/22234.asp (http://)

I felt the same way you did, but I decided to buy it today and it's well worth it, especially if you're at all into shooters.

VenoM
01-15-2003, 08:31 PM

how many levels is it anyways?

maneatingcow
01-15-2003, 08:32 PM
I have an afro and am a little gruff looking, and I still purchase kids meals from time to time (Imagine that at your local fastfoodery)

Reason? Some times I'm not that hungry but I want a mix of everything :) No way in hell I am going to pay an extra $1.50 just so I dont have to say "Kids Meal"

Oh, and Panzer is great so far :) Just picked it up a little over an hour ago.

Shadow20002
01-15-2003, 10:15 PM
This game is not my kind of game but i will check it (rental).

VenoM
01-16-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by maneatingcow-XBA
I have an afro and am a little gruff looking, and I still purchase kids meals from time to time (Imagine that at your local fastfoodery)

Reason? Some times I'm not that hungry but I want a mix of everything :) No way in hell I am going to pay an extra $1.50 just so I dont have to say "Kids Meal"

Oh, and Panzer is great so far :) Just picked it up a little over an hour ago.

haha ...mec also hides happy meal and burger king kids meals toys in his afro then goes back and tells them he didnt get the free toy in order to get another toy :D :confused:

Bigwig
01-16-2003, 03:30 AM
Hey Ninja Scrolls I played PD Saga and I thought it sucked. Who came up with the dumb idea of putting TB combat in a shooter. The story was nice but it had no roleplaying.

Heavens Gate
01-16-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by studepaber
What's the best looking level (in your opinion) thus far? I'm on the second level and the scenery is just mind-blowing. By the way PDO's a great game, controls are somewhat easy to pick up (although I keep forgetting to turn around and shoot enemies behind me :( ) but this game is candy for the eye indeed.

All of them but if I had to pick one, chapter 8. It's really freaky. There's a total of ten chapters (big chapters) in the main game. Then there's sub senarios (alot of them) just as good and also the original PD game from the saturn. About 20 hours I'd say it takes to unlock them all and play through them. This is a game that truly takes advantage of the Xbox hardware. It's a showcase of what it can do. Just wait until your on the level heading into the compound. It's so intense I had to put the controller down for a minute. Barreling down at top speed blowing sheit up is remarkable. I waited for this game for a long time and it was well worth the wait. By the way, this is the best looking game ever made in my opinion. The sense of flight is great as well. You actually feel as though your flying. Remarkable. Absolutely stunning!!!

Heavens Gate
01-16-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Dre
But I thought we'd established in another thread that Ranger really needed to get out more. This is a good chance... now, if a chick sticks her hand on top of yours, bring her back to your place this time BR :D:D

hehehe..

Anyhoo, really looking forward to having enough money to get this game. I'm a big fan of this style of animation.. anyone know if the cutscenes are voice-acted? In the demo it was just text...

Yes there's voice acting in the cut scenes. It sound chinese though. I could be wrong as I was so engrossed in the game:cool:

RudedogX
01-16-2003, 08:42 AM
For some reason I have always loved rail shooters, and the demo that I played of this, even though I didn't initially know WTF I was doing, I ended up loving. So I think I will pick this one up!

just some guy
01-16-2003, 08:45 AM
I'm thinking about getting this but i'm not sure. I easily get bored by games and even though this has a bunch of unlockables the action just seems to be the same thing every level. I'm afraid that i'll get sick of this game after a few levels or so. Are the action and graphics really so good that you'll want to keep playing or do you have to be a fan of the fly through mindless shooting games? Keep in mind that i got sick of MechAssault and TimeSplitters after the first level. If i didn't like those will i like this?

studepaber
01-16-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
For some reason I have always loved rail shooters, and the demo that I played of this, even though I didn't initially know WTF I was doing, I ended up loving. So I think I will pick this one up!

IF you liked the demo in the least amount then you will REALLY like the full version. Bah why do I have to be at work when there is PDO to be played?? :confused:

Oh and Just Some Guy, the enemies, bosses and levels vary enough to keep you interested and wanting more. Plus your dragon evolves after you level up, cool stuff.

Heavens Gate
01-16-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by just some guy
I'm thinking about getting this but i'm not sure. I easily get bored by games and even though this has a bunch of unlockables the action just seems to be the same thing every level. I'm afraid that i'll get sick of this game after a few levels or so. Are the action and graphics really so good that you'll want to keep playing or do you have to be a fan of the fly through mindless shooting games? Keep in mind that i got sick of MechAssault and TimeSplitters after the first level. If i didn't like those will i like this?

Yes the graphics and gameplay are that good. There's also multiple paths to take. I get sick of games too but this ones a keeper. Simple yet addicting

Heavens Gate
01-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Just thought I'd add a link for all you cheaters out there

http://codes.ign.com/ob2/068/016/016253.html

RudedogX
01-16-2003, 08:52 AM
Just thought I'd add a link for all you cheaters out there

http://codes.ign.com/ob2/068/016/016253.html
Damn, that didn't take long!:eek:

bbchs_trash
01-16-2003, 08:54 AM
Nope... demo sucked... buy it when its $20...

JJaX
01-16-2003, 09:16 AM
Ill pick it up when i get a chance.

This is the type of game i can just get blunted and blast away.

(unlike GR! YuK YuK!)

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
Nope... demo sucked... buy it when its $20... I thought the demo was the sceond best I've ever played. However, I was a big Panzer Dragoon fan on Sega Saturn.

I also feel that Gun Valkyire is the second best Xbox. I guess people are just not as hardcore as me at videogames then.:)

bbchs_trash
01-16-2003, 09:29 AM
Dude... Ranger....

You're the only one that would ever say Gun Valkrie is even a halfway decent game that would make it into the top 10. Panzer was bull****... that game blows I don't understand the reviews. I will be waiting until it is cheap enough to make it into my collection.

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 09:38 AM
Dude... Ranger....

You're the only one that would ever say Gun Valkrie is even a halfway decent game that would make it into the top 10. Panzer was bull****... that game blows I don't understand the reviews. I will be waiting until it is cheap enough to make it into my collection. That game is the best. I've been palying that game several times. If you would have been a big Sega Saturn owner like me, you would have probably like Gun Valkyrie and PD Orta. I din't find Gun Valkyire to be one bit difficult. Smilebit said the game was for hardcaore gamers only. You would have had to like Burning Rangers on Sega Saturn to understand Gun Valkyrie. I'm buying PD Orta no matter what tomarrow. I would have never purchased an Xbox if PD Orta was never announced. I absolutely hated Xbox until Sega announced PD Orta and GV.

However, Blinx is my favorite Xbox game, it reminds me of my favorite videogame since 1996 Nights into Dreams for Sega Saturn. The Saturn was the best system ever.:)

Ninja Scroll
01-16-2003, 10:14 AM

That's good to know HG, how many total levels are there combined?
Also, how long is da cinema at da beginning of da game title?

Stop talking stupid Burning BubbleHead. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I called Circuit City yesterday too, and they are not getting there's until today or tomorrow.
I was going to pick mines up yesterday, but why get it at EB or anywhere else when you can get it at CC and get a FREE $10.00 Gift Card just for da purchase!!

Originally posted by Xbox Owner
I was going to get it..but I dunno. Don't really want it anymore..plus I wanna check out fable.

Good luck wait for Fable, cause it aint coming out until 2004.
By that time you wont be 12 anymore, and you will move on to wanting something else to interest you like Lego's.:rolleyes:

Ninja Scroll
01-16-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Burning "STD Power" Ranger
I thought the demo was the sceond best I've ever played. However, I was a big Panzer Dragoon fan on Sega Saturn.

I also feel that Gun Valkyire is the second best Xbox. I guess people are just not as hardcore as me at videogames then.:)

Not only are you a weird kid here, but your an idiot to say GunValkyrie is a good game.
Dat game blows Polo sticks out it's anuse!
Other than da graphics dis game is garbage.
Da controls are annoying and aweful.
Dat game as a whole is just terrible.

Go take your medication junior, your crack addiction is actiing up again.

Originally posted by Bigwig
Hey Ninja Scrolls I played PD Saga and I thought it sucked. Who came up with the dumb idea of putting TB combat in a shooter. The story was nice but it had no roleplaying.
Either you have dis game confused for something else, or your anit-Sega, cause Panzer Dragoon Saga on Sega Saturn never got one bad, or average review in da gaming industry.

It's a classic masterpiece.
Last I checked. Ebay does'nt have "sucky" games up for sale in da hundreds of dollar figures.
And dats not as an un-opened brand new copy either.

You mean RDX actually likes videogames outside of FPS!? :confused:

I loved da demo myself. And to be honest, I never cared for anything on da OXM demo disc ever, except for dis game, Ninja Gaiden movie, and Splinter Cell!

I just really hope dis game gets da sales figures it deserves.
Especially since MS has launched a multi-million dollar TV ad campaign for it.:cool:

I love you Orta!:p Aint she hot!:p

maximan00
01-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Stop talking stupid Burning BubbleHead. :rolleyes:

Ninja, you should never tell someone to stop talking stupid. "Da" is not a word. It does nothing more than show your immaturity and stupidity. Grow up and start speaking English! All 5,000+ posts of your annoys me.

VenoM
01-16-2003, 03:55 PM
Dude... Ranger....

You're the only one that would ever say Gun Valkrie is even a halfway decent game that would make it into the top 10. Panzer was bull****... that game blows I don't understand the reviews. I will be waiting until it is cheap enough to make it into my collection.

i actually loved gunv....i found the controls to be very easy as well :)

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by maximan00
Ninja, you should never tell someone to stop talking stupid. "Da" is not a word. It does nothing more than show your immaturity and stupidity. Grow up and start speaking English! All 5,000+ posts of your annoys me. I agree. Ninja, your not a hardcore gamer, Gun Valkyrie is a very good Xbox game. I'm towards the end and I'm having no touble at all. I guess you don't know the difference between a good game and a bad game Ninja.:rolleyes: The only game better than GV is Blinx.

Stifler
01-16-2003, 06:46 PM
I'll probly be pickin' it up tomorrow (If stores even have it).

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 08:03 PM
I'm going to cross my fingers Panzer Dragoon Orta is in at Circuit City. I really want it badly.

I just put in GV while I was logged off. I absolutely love the game. I was playing my Xbox for 2 hours straight trying to beat the second to last final boss. I didn't beat him because he was tough, but that's the kind of challenge I like.:)

shrew king
01-16-2003, 08:13 PM
I think I will be getting it, It seems to be the best game to come out in awhile, and this is a slow time for Xbox games so this one is looking pretty good, its either gonna be Panzer Dragoon Orta or Crimson Sea, anyone have a preference after playing them both?

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
I think I will be getting it, It seems to be the best game to come out in awhile, and this is a slow time for Xbox games so this one is looking pretty good, its either gonna be Panzer Dragoon Orta or Crimson Sea, anyone have a preference after playing them both? I'm stuck with the same decision too.:confused: There both games I really want.;)

I don't agree that this is a slow time for Xbox. Xbox is having some great releases in Feb. and March I'm looking forward too.:)

bbchs_trash
01-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Burning... I'm sure I own every system you do... so be quiet. I owned a damned Sega Saturn just like half the other people on this board. So take your head out of your ass and realize that Gun Valkryie will never make any mags, websites, or 90% of the Xbox's gaming population's top 10.

And BTW... I think Orta would barely be worth $20 dollars. Although for whatever reason I am slightly intrigued... I think it was the overhype that killed it for me....

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 11:56 PM
Burning... I'm sure I own every system you do... so be quiet. I owned a damned Sega Saturn just like half the other people on this board. So take your head out of your ass and realize that Gun Valkryie will never make any mags, websites, or 90% of the Xbox's gaming population's top 10.

And BTW... I think Orta would barely be worth $20 dollars. Although for whatever reason I am slightly intrigued... I think it was the overhype that killed it for me.... Guess what, Play Magazine said that Panzer Dragoon Orta was one of the best games ever along with Gun Valkyire. They also gave Toe Jam & Earl III and Gungrave a great score. I don't care if anyone thinks there great games. I think there the best and you can't change my opinion dude. I thought Kingdom Hearts and Vice City were the biggest junk I played all year.

Your just not a hardcore gamer like me. Gun Valkyrie is more experienced gamers that can handle difficult games like myself.

Ninja Scroll
01-17-2003, 08:35 AM

And BTW... I think Orta would barely be worth $20 dollars. Although for whatever reason I am slightly intrigued... I think it was the overhype that killed it for me....
I agree with everything you just said, except for your Panzer comment.
Dude, dis game is not overhyped. It's just getting killer reviews.
Maybe if you rent it and give it a shot you may end up with a second opinion. :)

Guess what, Play Magazine said that Panzer Dragoon Orta was one of the best games ever along with Gun Valkyire. They also gave Toe Jam & Earl III and Gungrave a great score.

Your just not a hardcore gamer like me. Gun Valkyrie is more experienced gamers that can handle difficult games like myself.

I dunno about no Play Magazine, but after saying they gave GunValkyrie a good score indicated why no one knows them.:rolleyes:
All respect is lost for dis lame mag you speak of. And on top of dat you say they gave Toe Jam & Earl III and great score?
Damn, dat game is a loser just like you.:rolleyes:

And you claim your hardcore? Yaaaaaawn, you get no respect on these bored first of all.
And second, you think cause you own several consoles no one cares about makes you da exception here?
Sucka please. You aint no videogame hardcore player. Your a Hardcore No Life XBA Spammer.

Heavens Gate
01-17-2003, 08:38 AM
Guess what, Play Magazine said that Panzer Dragoon Orta was one of the best games ever along with Gun Valkyire. They also gave Toe Jam & Earl III and Gungrave a great score. I don't care if anyone thinks there great games. I think there the best and you can't change my opinion dude. I thought Kingdom Hearts and Vice City were the biggest junk I played all year.

Damn right Burning Ranger. I'm with you all the way. I hated Vice City as well. Sega Saturn and Dreamcast have put out some of the best games ever. Without those systems we wouldn't have alot of these Xbox games today. To name a few

Shenmue 2 (originally on Dreamcast)
JSRF (originally a Dreamcast title)
PD Orta (Saturn)
Sega GT (Dreamcast)
Toe Jam and Earl (Genesis)
HOTD 3 (Dreamcast)
SEGA Sports (Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast
Crazy Taxi(Dreamcast)
Virtua Tennis (Dreamcast)

I think it's a shame those systems didn't beat out the others. It's really a tragedy in the gaming world and one of those things that lead me to believe that more people are followers than leaders.

By the way The Dreamcast is still the best system ever made!!!

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 09:01 AM
Damn right Burning Ranger. I'm with you all the way. I hated Vice City as well. Sega Saturn and Dreamcast have put out some of the best games ever. Without those systems we wouldn't have alot of these Xbox games today. To name a few

Shenmue 2 (originally on Dreamcast)
JSRF (originally a Dreamcast title)
PD Orta (Saturn)
Sega GT (Dreamcast)
Toe Jam and Earl (Genesis)
HOTD 3 (Dreamcast)
SEGA Sports (Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast
Crazy Taxi(Dreamcast)
Virtua Tennis (Dreamcast)

I think it's a shame those systems didn't beat out the others. It's really a tragedy in the gaming world and one of those things that lead me to believe that more people are followers than leaders.

By the way The Dreamcast is still the best system ever made!!! I totally agree, Dreamcast was the best system ever made. When Sega announced the Xbox games they were making, they made me buy an Xbox. The Dreamcast and Saturn put out some of the best games that ever. I'd also add that Sega is developing Outrun 2 and Virtua Cop 3 for the Xbox arcade board. Let's hope those titles come to Xbox.;)

RudedogX
01-17-2003, 09:16 AM
Damn...I leave and come back to find this. "You're not a hardcore gamer because you don't like..." crap! I'm sorry, but just because you like a game does not make it the end all and be all of great games!

That's like saying that if Critics give rave reviews, everyone is going to like the movie! I'll tell you this though...most of the reviews that critics give on movies are usually totally wrong! I remember American Beauty received rave reviews, and I got suckered into watching that movie with my girlfriend at the time...both of us left the theater basically saying WTF?!?

In otherwords...don't judge people simply because they hate a game that you love. I have games that I think are great, but others hate. I know a lot of people think Blinx sucks...and yet you (BR) think it's one of the greatest games in the world. Well damn it, all those others must be wrong and not hardcore gamers. Wow...that certainly sounds arrogant to me!

Been a long morning.

Ninja Scroll
01-17-2003, 09:25 AM

Damn...I leave and come back to find this. "You're not a hardcore gamer because you don't like..." crap! I'm sorry, but just because you like a game does not make it the end all and be all of great games!

That's like saying that if Critics give rave reviews, everyone is going to like the movie! I'll tell you this though...most of the reviews that critics give on movies are usually totally wrong! I remember American Beauty received rave reviews, and I got suckered into watching that movie with my girlfriend at the time...both of us left the theater basically saying WTF?!?

In otherwords...don't judge people simply because they hate a game that you love. I have games that I think are great, but others hate. I know a lot of people think Blinx sucks...and yet you (BR) think it's one of the greatest games in the world. Well damn it, all those others must be wrong and not hardcore gamers. Wow...that certainly sounds arrogant to me!

Been a long morning.

Bravo!!:cool:

**looks forward to future RDX rants**

Kraft
01-17-2003, 09:30 AM

Burning, rudedog has your number on this one. Just because people aren't gaming masichists doesn't mean they aren't hardcore gamers. I absolutely hated Gunvalk. Not because it was too hard, but because it was incredibly repetitive and a complete button masher. Right now I am playing Metroid Fusion. Hard game? Not my any means. Am I not a hardcore gamer because I am playing an easy game right now? I don't think so.

It seems your defenition of 'hardcore' right now entails 'people who like the games I like'. I think a more logical definition of 'harcore gamers' would be someone who devotes a lot of their free time to gaming and the support of the gaming community. Not only do people like Ninja, myself, rude, and many many others spend plenty of time behind the controllers of our gaming consoles, but we also take time to contribute to an online gaming community and have for quite a while.

Of course, due to Quid Pro Quo, Burning is also entitled to like whatever games he wants to, whether it be Gunvalk or Kabuki warriors, it really doesn't matter. So in essence everyone needs to lay off of everybody else in this thread. Thanks.

Casper
01-17-2003, 10:01 AM

Been a long morning.

Yo man...I'll tell you what, American Beauty rocked...want to know why? Cuz I managed to get head while I was watching that...and any movie that can make your girl want to that is a 10 in my book....;)

So let me use that as an example, everyone has different personalities, tastes, likes and dislikes which will lead into how someone perceives the game in THEIR eyes....they can not tell you exactly how you will feel when you're playing it, whether you're in a recliner or in a lawn chair like they could have been when they wrote the review. I take reviews lightly, until I notice some from the same person that appears to have the same taste as me....but then again, it's still not me.

Heavens Gate
01-17-2003, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by casper
[B]Yo man...I'll tell you what, American Beauty rocked...want to know why? Cuz I managed to get head while I was watching that...and any movie that can make your girl want to that is a 10 in my book....;)

What's her number??? LOL

Ninja Scroll
01-17-2003, 10:16 AM
Yo man...I'll tell you what, American Beauty rocked...want to know why? Cuz I managed to get head while I was watching that...and any movie that can make your girl want to that is a 10 in my book....;)

What's her number??? LOL

Dat is,... if it was a her!:confused:

rumorhasit crapper and Ranger Bill had a fling back in da dayz.
I guess dats where dude got his nickname "Burning STD"!:eek:

Casper
01-17-2003, 10:47 AM
[B]Yo man...I'll tell you what, American Beauty rocked...want to know why? Cuz I managed to get head while I was watching that...and any movie that can make your girl want to that is a 10 in my book....;)

What's her number??? LOL

:rolleyes:

Jots down anotha lame comeback from Ninja

EDIT ;)

Dat is,... if it was a her!:confused:

rumorhasit crapper and Ranger Bill had a fling back in da dayz.
I guess dats where dude got his nickname "Burning STD"!:eek:

RudedogX
01-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by casper
:rolleyes:

Jots down anotha lame comeback from Ninja
Umm...you quoted the wrong person.:rolleyes:

Ninja Scroll
01-17-2003, 11:18 AM

LOL, no doubt!:D

Crappers just mad cause I burn dat fool like Burning Burito did when they were makin out while watching a Beautifu Mind!:cool:

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 11:29 AM
LOL, no doubt!:D

Crappers just mad cause I burn dat fool like Burning Burito did when they were makin out while watching a Beautifu Mind!:cool: Ninja, I hate mexican food and I want you to stop calling me Burning Buito. Buito's are nasty and disgusting like all mexican food.

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 12:45 PM
The reason why I say Gun Valkyrie is a hardcore game is because it's made by Sega. Anything Sega makes is hardcore. I didn't see Gun Valkyrie as a button masher, I found it to be a very good game. The same goes for Blinx, I've almost finished the game and I absolutely enjoy it. Platforming games are my favorite Genre. Every single videogame system I ever had, a platform game was my favoorite game. I just happened to really like Blinx and I'm not making it up. I absolutely hate first person shoothers, Sports, and Western Action RPG's that are not Baldurs Gate. I'll admit that Splinter Cell isn't my kind of game. I thought it was really well done but it didn't interest me at all. Same goes for Ghost Reacon. I don't like that game one bit. I don't like realistic war games very much because I'm not into violent games. I personally like quirky Japanese, fighting, Japanese RPG games, anime, dance, racing, and puzle games along with platformers. I know that it seems I have no good taste but it isn't true. I've played all the best Xbox games. Same goes for Playstation 2 and Gamecube. It's not any better with the PS2 because I hate GT3, GTA3, Socom, Tekken 4, Kingdom Hearts, ATV Offroad, TM Black, while I don't like Luiji's Mansion, Mario Party 4, Eternal Darkenss, and Resident Evil on GC. I did like Halo, DOA3, Project Gotham, Devil May Cry, MGS2, Metroid Prime, and Star Fox Adventures a lot and they are popular games. It's just that I have different interest in videogames than anyone else. I made my own top games of 2002 list on my website.

I referred to Sega as hardcore because their gaming sysytems always were. I was one of the, that would buy several of their hardcore titles. I buy games on Xbox that remind me of the Dreamcast or Saturn all the time.

Sorry if I made any rude comments to anyone. I fully respect anyone's opinion.

Casper
01-17-2003, 12:56 PM

:o :o :o

Dam, see what happens when I'm actually busy at the j.o.b. and I try and post here

runs off to finish workin on the 20 laptops that just came in

:(

Chaotic
01-17-2003, 01:00 PM

Chaotic leans back in his leather chair at work hits the power button to both his xbox and 27" tv and starts playing GR on his OC3 T1 line.

RudedogX
01-17-2003, 01:03 PM
:o :o :o

Dam, see what happens when I'm actually busy at the j.o.b. and I try and post here

And yet you still can't access a site on your own server!:eek:

No Fear 23
01-17-2003, 01:18 PM
dragons killing other ppl and dragons with ther barf and shots shooting out???

nah no thanks lol

neway the real reason i dont like or want this game is bc its a RPG, i hate RPG to freakin loooooooong and too much talking

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by irule23

nah no thanks lol

neway the real reason i dont like or want this game is bc its a RPG, i hate RPG to freakin loooooooong and too much talking You think this game is an RPG.:confused: You should have seen Panzer Dragoon Saga. The Burning Ranger loves RPG's and games with lots of text. That's why he loves Xenogears.;)

RudedogX
01-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by irule23

nah no thanks lol

neway the real reason i dont like or want this game is bc its a RPG, i hate RPG to freakin loooooooong and too much talking

Actually, this isn't an RPG.:)

Ninja Scroll
01-17-2003, 02:05 PM

RDX is right, so for anyone who's into action/shooters, this is it!

Im getting mines when I get off this evening. Circuit City has to be da last joint to get their shipments in.:rolleyes:

But why pay $50.00 beans for nothing when I can get it and a FREE $10.00 gift card?
Is it me, or is CC starting to have better deals than Best Buy?

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 08:04 PM
Guess what the Burning Ranger bought the last copy of today.:)

shrew king
01-17-2003, 08:25 PM
The reason why I say Gun Valkyrie is a hardcore game is because it's made by Sega. Anything Sega makes is hardcore. .

WTF? Need I say more?

No Fear 23
01-17-2003, 09:00 PM

really?
*gitty like a skool girl* " its not a RPG!!!!!"

well i thought it would be a RPG bc i read about what the game is like, and thought it is a rpg.

o well, i'll wait to see what the reviews are like first. i gotta get another live game.

shrew king
01-17-2003, 09:30 PM
I have a question for anyone who has the game, are there multiple dragons you ride, or just that one on the cover of the game?

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
I have a question for anyone who has the game, are there multiple dragons you ride, or just that one on the cover of the game? Just one that I know of. However, the Dragoon can morph into three different forms.

I will open PD Orta tomarrow.:)

Ninja Scroll
01-18-2003, 09:02 AM
I called a Circuit City "Express" store right before I got off work last night and they never recieved any Panzer titles.

It did'nt suprise me since CC Express stores are small, dont sell many items such as CD's ,ect.

Dude on da phone told me I could get a rain check and still get da gift card.
Shoot, da hell with dat! I'll just have to pick mines up at a later date, maybe at da same time Dead Or Alive Extreme comes out next week.

mmmmmmmmmmmm,... dd oooo aaa chickkkkks hallllffff nakkkkeeeddd (foames out of mouth with excessive drool) uuuggggghhhh:p :p :p

Casper
01-18-2003, 11:34 AM
And yet you still can't access a site on your own server!:eek:

Cuz that server is always down...wonder why? ;)

And I'm going to give this a rent today and see how this game is...if it's even in

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 12:31 PM
I just played Panzer Dragoon Orta today and the game is fantastic. The cutscenes and the story between the levels are great. I love the idea that Sega decided to keep the Japanese voices and put English subtitles. The first Episode played much better than in the demo. It seemed to control quicker and the enemies were a bit more difficult. I love the idea of being able to level up my dragon into a more powerful one. I noticed I was getting hit by shots a lot so I went to the Tutorials to the accelerate and slow down. Both were not featured in the orignal PD's so I was confused at first. I also had to learn about the morphing. Once I figured out how, the game is really, really good. It's even going to surpass Gun Valkyrie as my 2nd favorite Xbox game. When I play it more, I'll decide whether it can surpass Blinx. I recomend this game, best work by Sega ever since they went multi-platform.

A big reason why I like Blinx so much is because the creator, Naoto Oshima, makes videogames just the way I like them. He co-developed Nights into Dreams, Burning Rangers, and a Original Sonic The Hedgehogs on Genesis. His games are my favorite.;)

shnike123
01-18-2003, 01:18 PM
im probobly getting this game monday im a big fan of rpgs and this one looks great i watched a review of it on extended play today and i thought it was awsome i cant wait to get this one.

Liquid Gears
01-18-2003, 04:30 PM
What's with this game?!! This game is sweet!! Except! The SAVING!

It blows @ss! You can only use one file to play the game. So if you playing the game and you save, and then someone else wants to play............they can't!! Unless they start a game over your file! What's up with that?? :mad:

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
What's with this game?!! This game is sweet!! Except! The SAVING!

It blows @ss! You can only use one file to play the game. So if you playing the game and you save, and then someone else wants to play............they can't!! Unless they start a game over your file! What's up with that?? :mad: Just about any story drive 3-D shooter is made like that. The save system was also in Panzer Dragoon II Zwei and Sky Gunner. Most 3-D shooters are made to be played staright through. Not replaying certain levels.

JJaX
01-19-2003, 08:37 PM
I just played Panzer Dragoon Orta today and the game is fantastic. The cutscenes and the story between the levels are great. I love the idea that Sega decided to keep the Japanese voices and put English subtitles.

I bought the game today as well.

But i thought you were really into japanese culture? Because they're really not talking japanese. They're talking in a made up "Panzar" language.

Thought you might pick up on that....

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
I bought the game today as well.

But i thought you were really into japanese culture? Because they're really not talking japanese. They're talking in a made up "Panzar" language.

Thought you might pick up on that.... I did not pay too much attention to it because I only played the game on Sat. It didn't seem like Japanese to me but I thought it could be since I don't know a lot of it. I guess Smilebit decided to do what Rare did with Star Fox Adventures for GC with some different language being used.

Thanks for telling me, I hardly knew.:)

JJaX
01-21-2003, 09:50 AM
I did not pay too much attention to it because I only played the game on Sat. It didn't seem like Japanese to me but I thought it could be since I don't know a lot of it. I guess Smilebit decided to do what Rare did with Star Fox Adventures for GC with some different language being used.

Thanks for telling me, I hardly knew.:)

Im pretty sure every panzar dragoon game had this "panzar" speech. I dunno! :confused:

This is my 1st :)

Cloud Strife
01-21-2003, 10:58 AM
Im pretty sure every panzar dragoon game had this "panzar" speech. I dunno! :confused:

This is my 1st :) Come to think of it, there was a strange speech in the other Panzer Dragoons, but I would never watch the cutscene. On the Sega Saturn, the cutscenes looked horrible and it was better not to even watch them.

I'll pop in both original Panzer Dragoons on my last day here until my spring semester starts tomarrow.:)

bbchs_trash
01-23-2003, 08:43 AM
I'm sorry... but not everything Sega makes is "Hardcore". LOL... I can't see Blinx being "Hardcore"... I liked the game... but not "Hardcore".

Toe Jam and Earl 3 I hated.

Blinx I liked.

All Sega Sports games I liked.

The new Sonics I liked.(Gamecube, Dreamcast)

There are a lot of games that Sega makes that are good... but not all of them are Hardcore. Burning I would have to say that your opinions on games no longer matter to me... not 90% of the people on these boards.

Ninja Scroll
01-23-2003, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry... but not everything Sega makes is "Hardcore". LOL... I can't see Blinx being "Hardcore"... I liked the game... but not "Hardcore".

Toe Jam and Earl 3 I hated.

Blinx I liked.

All Sega Sports games I liked.

The new Sonics I liked.(Gamecube, Dreamcast)

There are a lot of games that Sega makes that are good... but not all of them are Hardcore. Burning I would have to say that your opinions on games no longer matter to me... not 90% of the people on these boards.

Sorry to drop da bomb on you bro, but Blinx is not a Sega published or developed title.

It's make by Microsoft Games.:)

btw, I know Blinx last week for $24.99 and it was one of da most games I have ever played!
Not even a cat loving child would wanna play dis mess more than 2 minutes. Just awful.
Now I think about it, da game is hardcore. Cause it would take a hardcore fool to wanna continue torturing himself for this crap.:rolleyes:

bbchs_trash
01-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Blinx was made by the same guy that made the original Sonic... so in my eyes still considered Sega...

Cloud Strife
01-23-2003, 09:47 AM
Blinx was made by the same guy that made the original Sonic... so in my eyes still considered Sega... That's what I think also. He's development team at Artoon also has a few members from Team Andromeda, makes of Panzer Dragon I, II, and Saga.

Ninja Scroll
01-23-2003, 09:57 AM
Blinx was made by the same guy that made the original Sonic... so in my eyes still considered Sega...

I dont think so. Unless it's Yu Naki himself then I dont care for whome dis fool is you speak of.

Naki is da creator and lead producer of Sonic.
No one else matters.

I dont know what Burning STD Power Ranger is babbling about cause dat kid is trippin.

He aint hardcore, and sure enough and no f'n Sega hardcore fan.

Just cause you own da Saturn dont make you nothing.
A million other peeps like me owned it too.
And if you were really hardcore your candy ass would own da super rare Saturn title "Panzer Dragoon Saga".

So now what! Make up some excuses foo!!:rolleyes:

AS I said, Blinx is MS, not Sega.

jabrre
01-23-2003, 11:54 AM
Come to think of it, there was a strange speech in the other Panzer Dragoons, but I would never watch the cutscene. On the Sega Saturn, the cutscenes looked horrible and it was better not to even watch them.

I'll pop in both original Panzer Dragoons on my last day here until my spring semester starts tomarrow.:)

I decided to finally join the "Power of X" today. Gonna get PDO, Halo, Unreal Tournament, and Whacked! The commercials on G4 about PDO really got me sold on the XBOX. Man, that game looks awesome and Im afraid that I will probably spend more time looking at the graphics than on the gameplay:cool:

I was really on the fence concerning getting a XBOX. I read the posts about DDEs and wondered whether it would be wise to get a XBOX, but life is short and I do not wanna miss out anymores. I have a GCN and a Playstation 2. However, you can bet that when I bring home the XBOX and connect it to my TV, I will probably not play the other 2 systems much.

JJaX
01-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by jabrre
I decided to finally join the "Power of X" today. Gonna get PDO, Halo, Unreal Tournament, and Whacked! The commercials on G4 about PDO really got me sold on the XBOX. Man, that game looks awesome and Im afraid that I will probably spend more time looking at the graphics than on the gameplay:cool:

Dont waste your time with whacked. Unreal has some issues, id rent it first. Check out splinter cell....

Spaztic
01-23-2003, 01:02 PM
Also RalliSport is off the hook, and so is JJAx off's mom! Give her a call in the next 10 for a free bj! :o 867-5309:o

RudedogX
01-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
Also RalliSport is off the hook, and so is JJAx off's mom! Give her a call in the next 10 for a free bj! :o 867-5309:o
Hey isn't that Jenny's number?!?

She's JJax's mom?!?:confused:

Ninja Scroll
01-23-2003, 01:09 PM
Dont waste your time with whacked. Unreal has some issues, id rent it first. Check out splinter cell....

And you forgot to meantion he should also pick up da Xbox classic masterpiece title: Kabuki Warriors!!!

Yo dude, you got to get dis game, it's off da meat rack!

I give it 2 JJax swollen Thumbs Up! http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

(vaseline not included in swollen J Jackson Thumbs!) :)

jabrre
01-23-2003, 04:17 PM
Here's what was purchased:

1)XBOX system (with JRF and Sega GT)

2)RF Adapter (I have an older TV)

3)Halo

4)Splinter Cell

5)PDO

I did not get Unreal Tournament because it was sold out and I did not get Whacked! because I was having second thoughts about purchasing it. Maybe I can wait till the patch for Unreal Tournament comes on a future CD from OXM.

Unfortunately, I cannot get XBOX Live because I do not have broadband.

So, it feels great to join the Power of X. Now the bad part is having to wait for Halo 2, but hours and hours of playing Master Chief will get me by till then.