PDA

View Full Version : Panzer Dragoon Orta is getting some good reviews

kachingtensor
01-15-2003, 11:00 AM
I may have to try PDO, even though it's not in my favorite genre. Looks gorgeous, and several big sites have come out with very good reviews.:)

Xbox Owner
01-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Same here... I'm gona rent it first of course.;)

studepaber
01-16-2003, 07:30 PM
I bought it, am totally pleased with the game and recommend you renting it first of course. BTW it has to be the best looking Xbox game I've seen, hands down.

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by studepaber
I bought it, am totally pleased with the game and recommend you renting it first of course. BTW it has to be the best looking Xbox game I've seen, hands down. I agree.:) When I heard Sega announcing they were bringing Panzer Dragoon to Xbox, I knew I had to buy one. I will say the it was absolutely worth it. The game is fantastic. Although I like all of Sega's games, PD Orta is the best work they've done since Sonic Adventure 2.

LynxFX
01-19-2003, 01:33 PM
I got it friday and I'm only on the second mission and I am impressed with it. The graphics aren't all that for me though because there are some major jaggies in this game. It would have benefited greatly with some AA. Other than that it is a trippy fun game.

y2kash_14
01-19-2003, 10:36 PM
I was a fan of the Panzer Dragoon series, but i passed on Panzer Dragoon Saga......which turned out to be Ultra Rare :(

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
I was a fan of the Panzer Dragoon series, but i passed on Panzer Dragoon Saga......which turned out to be Ultra Rare :( I'm with you on that one. I had the chance to buy that game three times and passed up.:( I want to hurt myself for doing such a thing. I also passed up on Dragon Force and that makes me mad too. Luckily I have Burning Rangers.;)

LynxFX
01-20-2003, 07:08 PM
Well it didn't take long to beat. 3 hours of playtime according to the stats. It was on easy though since I couldn't get past the second episode on normal. :o

But it was fun albeit short. 10 episodes is not enough. Episode 9 is painfully short.

The extras in the game are great though. So many things to unlock, like the complete original Panzer Dragoon game and plenty of mini games available.

From what I've read you can get everything unlocked if you play the game for 20 hours or beat it on Hard.

Overall it is worth the price ($40).