PDA

View Full Version : Odd question about Fable

just some guy
01-15-2003, 11:48 AM
Ok this may look like a stupid question but I was curious as to if this will be a 3rd person perspective game or not? I have morrowind and i absolutely love that game especially the fact that you can play 1st or 3rd person which i think really helps draw you in. Now it seems like Fable, based on the screenshots and some video glimpses, is not exactely 3rd person. It looks like theres a fixed camera angle and you run sround in that scene and then once you go off screen a new scene appears. I hate games like that. I don't know why but it really bothers me. I don't expect anyone to really nkow the answer to this but i posted just incase someone may have found a developer interview that i didn't. Again, this may seem like stupid question but for me it's the difference between buying the game or not.

Kraft
01-15-2003, 11:56 AM
It looks 3rd personish from the pics that I've seen... but this game is so friggin far from done how is anyone to know? I haven't made any decisions about this game yet as I haven't even seen a pre-rendered movie from it, much less actual gameplay. Hopefully in may though....

Dre
01-15-2003, 12:21 PM
Well, its strictly a 3rd person point of view. And its not fixed... you'll be able to control angles and such using the controller. I could find you a link.. but I'm just to lazy. Check out the faq in sticky thread on www.bigbluebox.com forums..

Kraft: Check out www.xbox.com for a trailer of gameplay footage. And just so you know, there aren't any pre-rendered sequences, its all real-time Xbox power producing those incredible images!

just some guy
01-15-2003, 12:26 PM
awesome. Thanks for responding guys.

EHWfedPres
01-15-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Well, its strictly a 3rd person point of view. And its not fixed... you'll be able to control angles and such using the controller.

Good. I hate games with fixed cameras, they suck so bad.

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Good. I hate games with fixed cameras, they suck so bad. Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy VII, and MGS 2 are great games and they have a fixed camera, don't they.:)

thAshAdyOne
01-15-2003, 07:37 PM
whoo paa!

Stormlord
01-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy VII, and MGS 2 are great games and they have a fixed camera, don't they.:)

I agree. I also Like Dino Crisis, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, and oh yes RESIDENT EVIL! :D :D :cool: :)

EHWfedPres
01-15-2003, 08:07 PM
Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy VII, and MGS 2 have a fixed camera, don't they.:)

Exactly...they all suck. MGS2 isnt that bad, the others are absolute crap IMO.

Slacker
01-15-2003, 08:26 PM
Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy VII, and MGS 2 are great games and they have a fixed camera, don't they.:)

Those games are terrible, if I was 12 I would think they were cool, but to each their own,

KnightX
01-15-2003, 08:31 PM
I really hate it when they hide an item behind a leaf or some boxes - where the Hero would see it but you don't because it's "hidden" from the angle you're looking. The FF series is kinda notorious for it. MGS2 did a good job of letting you look in 1st person so that you could find those things.

just some guy
01-15-2003, 10:55 PM
I read that fable faq and what it seems like is there is the normal first person view when walking like in morrowind. But when you enter combat i think it changes the camera to a more combat friendly position and shifts with you. Maybe similar to the way it is in Dynasty Warriors 3 or something like that. They were very vague but they did say it was a new idea and people would love it. So who knows.