PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel

Viper87227
01-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Afte dusting off my old PC racing wheel, and playing some Need for Speed 4 with it, I decided i want one for my xbox and ps2. I have a dest to clap them to and i can use petals easily as well. But what I am looking for is a universal wheel that will work with both PS2 and Xbox....is there such a thing and if so whats it called. If not are they like xbox to ps2 converters (or visa versa) and how do those work?

Fred Gasman
01-16-2003, 02:13 AM
THIS IS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR. (http://madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=6320)

I have one, It rocks!

Smartparts
01-16-2003, 07:11 AM
Hey Fred,

That looks just like (except for the colors) of the strictly Xbox Racing Wheel by Mad Catz. Have you had any problems w/ it? The Xbox version I received as a gift, and I kept getting disconnect errors in Rallisport Challenge telling me to reconnect a controller and press 'Start'. I received this at least once every race. It was unbearable, so I returned it.

Viper87227
01-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Smartparts
Hey Fred,

That looks just like (except for the colors) of the strictly Xbox Racing Wheel by Mad Catz. Have you had any problems w/ it? The Xbox version I received as a gift, and I kept getting disconnect errors in Rallisport Challenge telling me to reconnect a controller and press 'Start'. I received this at least once every race. It was unbearable, so I returned it.

Ive heard alot of peaple say this, but is it for the Xbox MC2 wheel or the Universal MC2 wheel?

Fred: Is yours the univesal wheel? HAve you used it on both PS2 and Xbox and does it work ok on both?

Smartparts
01-16-2003, 07:57 AM
Hey Viper,

I had the Xbox MC2 wheel. That's why I'm curious about Fred's experience w/ the Universal. Kind of weird if the Universal MC2 wheel works better w/ the Xbox than the strictly Xbox MC2 wheel, don't you think? Why doesn't Microsoft offer more 1st party products?

Hugh_Jass
01-16-2003, 08:30 AM
I need a force feedback steering wheel for the XBOX.

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 09:43 AM
The Xbox doesn't really need a steering wheel in my opinion. The brake and accelerate button is pushed with the L and R triggers. On the Playstation 2, a steering wheel was needed badly.

Fred Gasman
01-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Ok ok, I wasn't quite telling the truth.
I don't have the universal mc2, I have the normal mc2 and works perfect (has never disconnected). I've had it for quite some time now and I've learned a few tricks and tips. You should be able to eliminate "disconnect" messages by turning rumble OFF in game options The normal mc2 has an advantage, (and its a biggie) the expansion bay! With an expansion bay, a communicator can be used (just keep dreaming of Lamborghini, PGR2 and Midtown Madness 3). And I hear the new mc2 has no rumble.

My Mc2 review (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/released.php?Product_ID=183)

MicroCon Controller (get this!) (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/released.php?Product_ID=508)

The Jackal
01-17-2003, 12:39 AM
i have that steering wheel only mines silver and black.... its sweet.... but kinda hard to master on games like Project Gatham Racing where you slide a lot... but still its fun

Viper87227
01-17-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by The Jackal
i have that steering wheel only mines silver and black.... its sweet.... but kinda hard to master on games like Project Gatham Racing where you slide a lot... but still its fun

Is yours the unversal one or XBox only? And have you ever gotten dissconnect errors?