PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur II (easter eggs) !!

Shadow20002
01-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Namco announces special guest characters for console versions of Soul Calibur II, including Link, Spawn, and Heihachi.

Namco has officially announced the lineup of guest characters that will be appearing in the individual console versions of Soul Calibur II. Link from The Legend of Zelda series will be appearing in the GameCube version of the game, while a bare-fisted Heihachi from the Tekken series and Todd McFarlane's Spawn will appear in the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions respectively. All three versions of Soul Calibur II will feature the fighter known as Necrid, a character created specifically for Soul Calibur II by Todd McFarlane Productions. Click on any of the previous links to see these characters in their respective console versions of Soul Calibur II. As far as gameplay modes are concerned, each version of Soul Calibur II will feature arcade, versus, time attack, survival, team battle, and practice. In addition, the game will feature an entirely new mode called weapon master, in which players can collect more than 200 different weapons to equip their characters with.

Soul Calibur II is scheduled for release on March 27 in Japan. The North American versions are slated for an August 2003 release.
www.gamespot.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, we got Spawn ! Cool character one ! ;)

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 10:37 PM
I wish it would have been the Mater Chief instead but oh well. I'm definately buying it when it's released. Soul Caliber had to one of the greatest games ever made.:)

Liquid Gears
01-15-2003, 10:41 PM
That game is sick in the arcade. I play it everytime I go to Pladium. Definitely one of the greatest fighting games of all time and it's a definite buyer

Cloud Strife
01-15-2003, 10:47 PM
I haven't seen it yet in the arcade, well I haven't been to an arcade since last year. I need to find an Arcade fast because I want to play Soul Caliber 2 badly. I'm going out on Friday searching for an Arcade.;)

Liquid Gears
01-15-2003, 11:05 PM
You should play, I'm shocked you haven't already.

KILIK'S DA MAN!!

Casper
01-16-2003, 06:27 AM
Here's Spawn

http://www.namco.co.jp/home/cs/xbox/soulcalibur2/chrs/img/pop01.jpg
http://www.namco.co.jp/home/cs/xbox/soulcalibur2/chrs/img/pop02.jpg

JJaX
01-16-2003, 08:02 AM
Thats F'n Cool shadow :)

I love Soul calibur. Infact, i want to be buried with my DC copy when i die. Thats how F'n good the game is.

No other fighting game comes close to SC. And SC2 well be everything SC was and more. I cant wait!

The Legend Will never die!!!!!!!!

Heres the link

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2908798,00.html

All you capcom and DOA trolls, peep a real fighting game.

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
You should play, I'm shocked you haven't already.

KILIK'S DA MAN!! There aren't really any arcades in my area.:( Most of them closed down.:mad: I do get the chance to play Arcade games when I go to a theme park though.

kachingtensor
01-16-2003, 11:51 AM
That's cool. I wonder what Spawn's fighting style will be like in this game?

I also wonder what that wimpy little Link's style will be like in the Gamecube version, and how Namco will handle the graphical presentation of Heihachi whipping off his sumo undies to use as a weapon in the Ps2 version? :confused:

JJaX
01-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by kachingtensor
That's cool. I wonder what Spawn's fighting style will be like in this game?

I also wonder what that wimpy little Link's style will be like in the Gamecube version, and how Namco will handle the graphical presentation of Heihachi whipping off his sumo undies to use as a weapon in the Ps2 version? :confused:

I think link is a awesome idea, i wish we had him as well.

And it looks like Heihachi is going in with just his fist!

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/01/15/soulcalibur2/sc2ps2_screen001.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/01/15/soulcalibur2/sc2ps2_screen002.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/01/15/soulcalibur2/sc2ps2_screen003.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/01/15/soulcalibur2/sc2ps2_screen004.jpg

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 12:24 PM
The Playstation 2 version gets him JJax. The GC version gets Link and Xbox gets Spawn.

JJaX
01-16-2003, 12:26 PM
while a bare-fisted Heihachi from the Tekken series and Todd McFarlane's Spawn will appear in the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions

I thought xbox gets spawn and heihachi

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
while a bare-fisted Heihachi from the Tekken series and Todd McFarlane's Spawn will appear in the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions

I thought xbox gets spawn and heihachi Just Spawn, that's what I saw. I wished Namco would have made the game Xbox Live. I would have kicked everyone's but here since no one could stop me in the first Soul Caliber.;)

JJaX
01-16-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Just Spawn, that's what I saw. I wished Namco would have made the game Xbox Live. I would have kicked everyone's but here since no one could stop me in the first Soul Caliber.;)

I just gave you a quote right from the page. Read it again :rolleyes:

And there are rumors that XBL will play some sort of roll in SC2. Combat via XBL is still unconfirmed.

And i would kick your ass from here to japan and back in soul calibur.

If theres any game i would say im really good at, it would be SC.

SkoalMint
01-16-2003, 12:56 PM
while a bare-fisted Heihachi from the Tekken series and Todd McFarlane's Spawn will appear in the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions respectively

Meaing Heihachi will be on the PS2 and Spawn will be on Xbox.

JJaX
01-16-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
Meaing Heihachi will be on the PS2 and Spawn will be on Xbox.

Oh i missed that word. You suck skoal :(

Im gonna shoot your ass next time we play GR :)

Sorry Burning roid, you were right.

But id still kick your ass in SC :cool:

Shadow20002
01-16-2003, 01:35 PM
The developer one say that there are hidden characters to unlock so maybe we will get more than 20 playable characters. ;)

JJaX
01-16-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
The developer one say that there are hidden characters to unlock so maybe we will get more than 20 playable characters. ;)

I really dont wanna wait until 7 months for this game! AHHHHHHH!

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
I really dont wanna wait until 7 months for this game! AHHHHHHH! It won't be too bad. I'll just continue posting here til then.;) Maybe that will give me time to buy Xbox Live. I'm debating whether Xbox will continue to be my main console.

Snoopy7548
01-16-2003, 02:42 PM
ive never played soul calibur:(

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
ive never played soul calibur:( Man, I feel sorry for you. The first one was probably the only perfect videogame I ever played.;)

Knight
01-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Isn't it better to have Spawn then a little boy or a old fart?

Spawn is cool & Heihachi is just old.
And Only the XBox gets Spawn, but all versions get Necrid.

GameCube will receive Link, from Nintendo's Legend of Zelda series; Xbox will receive Spawn, the comic book character from Todd McFarlane; and PlayStation 2 will receive Heihachi, from Namco’s own Tekken series. Each version also includes a new character called Necrid, also nabbed from Todd McFarlane.

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2003&m=1&nid=14-30.db

This is Necrid(the green thing):

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_166/vortal_pic_83373.jpg

Knight
01-17-2003, 08:00 AM
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/january03/soulcalibur2multi/spawnxbox/2.jpg

EHWfedPres
01-17-2003, 11:59 AM
Spawn rules. Im glad that we get him instead of some little dork like Link or a crazy old man with wooden roller skates.

Knight
01-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Spawn rules. Im glad that we get him instead of some little dork like Link or a crazy old man with wooden roller skates.

I bet you Spawn will be one of the ones you have to unlock and half of the char in the will have to be unlocked just like Soul Calibur1.

EHWfedPres
01-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Knight
I bet you Spawn will be one of the ones you have to unlock and half of the char in the will have to be unlocked just like Soul Calibur1.

maybe, but I dunno, I only played soul calibur in the arcade, so I dont know.

Knight
01-17-2003, 12:22 PM
maybe, but I dunno, I only played soul calibur in the arcade, so I dont know.

You should have buyed the Dreamcast version it looks alot better & has alot added to it.

EHWfedPres
01-17-2003, 01:03 PM
You should have buyed the Dreamcast version it looks alot better & has alot added to it.

I'd have to buy a dreamcast first...and im not going to, i have better things to spend my money on (example: Xbox live)

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 01:13 PM
I'd have to buy a dreamcast first...and im not going to, i have better things to spend my money on (example: Xbox live) Wy not buy a Dremacast man. It was the best videogame system I ever bought along with my Sega Saturn.;)

I need Xbox Live too EHWfedPres.:o

WynnFire
01-18-2003, 02:52 PM
If it wasn't for Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast, I would still hate fighting games. That and Power Stone 1 and 2 brought be back to loving them again.

JJaX
01-19-2003, 09:10 PM

im willing to bet my left nut that is the case.

shrew king
01-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Would anybody like this game? I am not a big fan of fighters to tell the truth.

GokuX
01-19-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by shrew king

You're in the minority. This game is gonna sell well.

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
You're in the minority. This game is gonna sell well. Oh yeah it will. Soul Caliber on Dreamcast was the only DC game to sell 1 million copies.

JJaX
01-19-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by shrew king

This would be the game to convert you than :)

Trust us, Its freakin Soul calibur.

Koopa
01-20-2003, 12:25 AM
Posted by Gabe at Pennyarcade.com

I think that the news about Soul Calibur 2 having different characters for different machines is really interesting. I know for me the choice is obvious. I mean if you have all three systems you will need to pick one version. First of all you are going to want it to look good, so that rules out the PS2. Second, Spawn is retarded so that rules out the Xbox. Third, Link rocks so that means you need the GC version.

I honestly can’t understand how they came up with Spawn for the Xbox. I mean. SPAWN? Of all the other characters you could put into a fighting game they chose Spawn? I guess Tycho told me that Todd McFarlane designed one of the characters in Soul Calibur 2. So I guess there is a connection however tenuous. They could have stayed with comic book characters and used He-Man or a transformer or ****ing Liono. Yeah now Liono would have been bad ass! THUNDER CATS HO!

I couldn't agree more...except the thunder cats part.
Link>Spawn. Therefore I'll be buying this on gamecube, unless the Xbox one has vastly superior graphics or online support.

GokuX
01-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Koopa
I couldn't agree more...except the thunder cats part.
Link>Spawn. Therefore I'll be buying this on gamecube, unless the Xbox one has vastly superior graphics or online support.

They need to take a note from Capcom and add XBL. I could stand the delay if it meant 10x replay value. Also the guys review you quoted didn't factor in the controller. If his selection criteria were the basis with the controller critique added, then you'd basically end up not buying any version.

JJaX
01-21-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
They need to take a note from Capcom and add XBL. I could stand the delay if it meant 10x replay value. Also the guys review you quoted didn't factor in the controller. If his selection criteria were the basis with the controller critique added, then you'd basically end up not buying any version.

Ive actually heard a rumor that the Xbox version was just about complete. But they had to wait for marketing etc... And the major delay is because they are making it compatible with XBL. We can only pray that this game has online combat. If it does, im never leaving my home. Ever....