PDA

View Full Version : Loading times

just some guy
01-16-2003, 08:33 AM
I'm not to good with the technical stuff so maybe someone here knows what to do.

I've had my xbox for about a year now and i've been noticing lately that when I put a game in it seems to be taking the xbox a little longer to read the disc than it used to. I take good care of my games so I know it's not them. Does the laser eye just need to be cleaned or is it just because I have to many saved games on the hard drive?

Ninja Scroll
01-16-2003, 08:46 AM
It has nothing to do with da hard drive.
And according to Microsoft, there is no reason to clean the lens during your Xbox's life cycle.
The only reason it could be is from dirty disc.
And just cause you take care of your software does'n mean it does'nt have anything on it.
I know a few occations where I open a new game and it has some lent or a lil ust on it during packaging at the manufature.

Also, have you been useing those OXM demo disc alot?
Does f'n things are always dirty!

I do know a couple times during my Dreamcast life time I had to clean the lens (even though the warranty does not cover this) with a cloth cause of dust.
Just call up Xbox 1-800 number for further help.
:)

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 08:51 AM
My Xbox also seems to load slower although I repaired it, but it stopped making the hiccups it use to now. Although my Xbox is starting to creep a brotha out. I have the system turned off and I can hear it making noises. I'm 100% positive it's from my Xbox.

Qbas
01-16-2003, 09:07 AM
Well i have pretty annoying problems when i play Splinter Cell, the game locks up and sometimes loads VERY long time for a saved game and another times Xbox gives me message that it cannot read the disc (chek if the disc is Xbox compatible blah blah blah). But i haven't got any problems with my other Xbox games, so it must be the disc, but when i check the disc i cannot see any scratches or dust.