PDA

View Full Version : The Sims: On Xbox/Gamecube?

Xbox Owner
01-16-2003, 11:40 AM
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/382/382789p1.html

...Yeah. I have a small consideration about buything this game..but I dunno. I have PC..and a PS2 already ha. But If I pick it up, I'll most likely buy it on Xbox since It's my favorite console.. of course, I'll rent first.;)

Casper
01-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Owned by EA = Not owned by Casper

Bottom Line

RudedogX
01-16-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by casper
Owned by EA = Not owned by Casper

Bottom Line

After the Battlefield Debacle, you can add me to that list!:mad:

Kraft
01-16-2003, 11:55 AM
God, was I the only person that really did not like that game? Honestly, the pacing sucked, the plot was... well, not really there, and the only miniscule amount of enjoyment I got was stealing my sister's families wife away and making her join our family.

speedbuggy76
01-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
After the Battlefield Debacle, you can add me to that list!:mad:

Me too, but
i bought LOTR: the two towers because i heard it was good and i only paid $25 for it, i love it!

Brevity
01-16-2003, 12:54 PM
I would get it if I could get it in a trade or something I have a PS2 so that might be sooner than later.

Snoopy7548
01-16-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
God, was I the only person that really did not like that game? Honestly, the pacing sucked, the plot was... well, not really there, and the only miniscule amount of enjoyment I got was stealing my sister's families wife away and making her join our family.

yea, i also hated the sims when i played it. it was just dumb and too boring.

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 02:42 PM
EA games are prohibited from being within 100 ft. away from my Xbox. Plain and Simple. I don't car for The Sims one bit.:)

LTM360
01-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Who cares? The Sims sucks, and gets boring in less than 3 hrs. I can't wait for Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 on Xbox. (Ebgames.com!). Besides, EA will cancel the Xbox version a week before the Xbox/GC release. And I hate EA because of The Sims in the first place. Never have I seen a company milk ONE game for all it's worth, and more. There are 9 f...ing version of The Sims!....Sims (ps2), Sims (PC), Livin' Large, House Party, Hot Date, Unleashed, Vacation, Deluxe Edition, Sims: Online. Let's add all of that $$ together if you bought it on release date..... $300!!, plus Monthly fees with Online!!! I feel bad for any human who has paid for all of them. And EA isn't done there! I refuse to ever buy another EA game.

CrazyCougar
01-16-2003, 07:26 PM
The sims i could care less about, but gimme Sim City 4 or something. Even roller coaster tycoon is kewl.

Snoopy7548
01-16-2003, 07:28 PM
id rather play sim city on the computer, it must be weird with a controller. a mouse is probly a ton easier, and faster

CrazyCougar
01-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Mouse would definitely be easier, but i they are going to bring these games to consoles I'd love to see Sim City.

Stormlord
01-17-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by LTM360
Who cares? The Sims sucks, and gets boring in less than 3 hrs. I can't wait for Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 on Xbox. (Ebgames.com!). Besides, EA will cancel the Xbox version a week before the Xbox/GC release. And I hate EA because of The Sims in the first place. Never have I seen a company milk ONE game for all it's worth, and more. There are 9 f...ing version of The Sims!....Sims (ps2), Sims (PC), Livin' Large, House Party, Hot Date, Unleashed, Vacation, Deluxe Edition, Sims: Online. Let's add all of that $$ together if you bought it on release date..... $300!!, plus Monthly fees with Online!!! I feel bad for any human who has paid for all of them. And EA isn't done there! I refuse to ever buy another EA game.

You're so right. And guess what............IF you want to see your Sims have fun in a city setting then you must buy Sim City 4! How cool is that.............................LOL. :D :D :D :D :D

LTM360
01-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
You're so right. And guess what............IF you want to see your Sims have fun in a city setting then you must buy Sim City 4! How cool is that.............................LOL. :D :D :D :D :D

OMG. I never thought of that. Oh yeah and my friend has Sim Golf, and guess what!? YOUR SIMS PLAY GOLF! YAHOO! I cannot belive I thought Nintendo was bad for Pokemon, EA your worse than Nintendo ever was for The Sims.

Stormlord
01-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Yeah Pokemon wasn't as over done as that. Although Nintendo did push it too much. Pretty soon EA will come up with a machine like the Matrix that puts you into the computerised gaming world. And then you can become a full sized Sim. You must give them your entire life's savings and the sad thing is is that over 7 million people would actually do it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DZNUTZ
01-17-2003, 06:03 PM
E.A. eats ass

to think..i used to luv em and spend hundreds of dollars a year on their titles.

what a way to shoot yourself in the head

LTM360
01-18-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
You must give them your entire life's savings and the sad thing is is that over 7 million people would actually do it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Probably.

Stormlord
01-18-2003, 02:52 PM
LOL. It's true. If they ever come up with that I'd just try out for MTV's Real World. :D :D :cool: :D :D

Frostberg
01-18-2003, 06:11 PM
Ever since EA took over Origin and cancelled Ultima Online 2 I have disliked EA...now it seems everyday I am reminded about EA doing something else wrong which can either be considered Anti-Xbox, Pro-PS2 or Money hungry...either way it sucks...

EA definently is not losing any money...so they feel it is not necessary to do things like *gasp* take advantage of the xbox's hardware.

I am sick of straight ports of sports title after sports title and any EA game, like Nightfire. Or even take The Two towers for example...there is no good reason why it came out for the PS2 a month before the Xbox and Gamecube. Sure it takes time to port, but they could of released it simultaneously on all platforms just like they do to any number of their 2k__ sports games...

EHWfedPres
01-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg-XBA
Ever since EA took over Origin and cancelled Ultima Online 2 I have disliked EA...

I really dont see a purpose for UO2...except maybe to change some things like not being able to drink potions if you have a weapon and shield equipped...which makes NO sence considering you can fight and apply bandages with a weapon and shield on...:confused:

Frostberg
01-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I really dont see a purpose for UO2...except maybe to change some things like not being able to drink potions if you have a weapon and shield equipped...which makes NO sence considering you can fight and apply bandages with a weapon and shield on...:confused:

riiiighttt...

Except UO2 was everquest like in a sense it was 3d...UO's graphics were and still are crazy old. The old style isometric strategy view is cool, but back in the day when everyone was moving to EQ and stuff because of graphics it hurt UO. UO2 was going to be all UO was not. Good graphics, good gameplay, a good PVP system and most of all realistic graphics. UO suffers just because the average gamer will not pick up a copy of the game because they turn the box around and they think "Oh great, it's Simcity Classic." The graphics are seriously way outdated to keep it in the mainstream, expecially when compared to all the new MMORPGs like Dark age of Camelot, Everquest, Earth and Beyond...heck even Anarchy Online looked good even though the gameplay wasnt there. UO offers a grand strategy...but noone buys it because it looks bad.

It is sad that a good game goes bad because the graphics suck. Everyone wants the best, and this is just a case where graphics ruined it, and MMORPGs rely on people...and if noone will buy it then the game itself sucks...

Short Story- EA likes $$ and doesnt care about you or me.

Cesar902
01-19-2003, 12:23 AM
I may not get this game if it doesn't support xbox live period!

Insane Jester
01-19-2003, 08:32 AM
why would u want to buy the sims on xbox or gamecube if u have a pc ??? there really isnt nothing as weird as folk ..

Brevity
01-19-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Insane Jester
why would u want to buy the sims on xbox or gamecube if u have a pc ??? there really isnt nothing as weird as folk ..
Well if you will read the console version is very much difrent from the PC versions. :rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 09:16 AM
Although I don't like EA much, I might as well give the Sims a try. I like addictive videogames that can go on forever like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing. However, I'm not too familiar with PC gaming so I really don't know what The Sims is about. I just know it was an online game.

Frostberg
01-19-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I just know it was an online game.
Yeahhh...dont get that...

Talk about a major bomb...serves EA right...

Anywho, maybe if the online part was released the same 4 years ago when the sims was released like it was supposed to be it would be a fun game...

Now people are looking at the sims online going...
"Ok, its $50 now, and then $13 a month...and I have already paid $50 for the original, $30 for House Party , $30 for Livin Large, $30 for Hot Date, $30 for Vacation and $30 for Unleashed....maybe I should hold off on the sims online and get my moneys worth with what new sims crap I already have."

or

"I have already paid that ******* company over $200 for the damn game and its 5 expansion packs. How much more money do they want from me? How many expansion packs will I have to buy for online in addition to my already online price of $156 a year? HELL NO!"

y2kash_14
01-19-2003, 09:35 PM
I don't get why some people are putting down EA for making so many variations of The Sims. If one game is selling extremely well, you would want to add to it right? I'm sure if The Sims bombed they wouldn't have made so many Expansions. Why stop making them if they keep on selling? Thats like saying there is too much Street Fighter games.....the only reason they keeping making them is because it's a popular franchise, just like The Sims.

Frostberg
01-19-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
I don't get why some people are putting down EA for making so many variations of The Sims. If one game is selling extremely well, you would want to add to it right? I'm sure if The Sims bombed they wouldn't have made so many Expansions. Why stop making them if they keep on selling? Thats like saying there is too much Street Fighter games.....the only reason they keeping making them is because it's a popular franchise, just like The Sims.

Simply because they offer but 1 new thing a pack, and insist it cost $30. All that stuff was either supposed to come out in the original sims or was supposed to be on the internet so you could download it.

Not only the packs, but EA generally doesnt care. Like I said, except for all the broken promises of the first sims, the major one was supposed to be online playability. They announced it would be delayed a short while...ohh and now its 4 years later...how nice. 4 years of expansion packs which offered not much else as far as upgrades to the game. No killer new features, no graphical upgrades...just more stuff. You can download stuff like the shot machines online if you want it. $30 just so you can have pets...what a crock...$30 more dollars just so you can put a disco ball and a party rug in your house...another $30 just so your sims could *gasp* go out of the house!

The expansion packs were built so they were not hard to do, and released over the years to renew interest in the game, but above all make money.

EA does not care that we wanted the sims online years ago, they were content with releasing a new expansion pack that costed barely nothing to make and netted them millions of copies sold.

It would be different if each expansion pakc actually expanded the game. Its more of an addition pack. AN expansion pack is supposed to open the game up by introducting something new, such as characters, levels, weapons, increased graphics and sound, and a new experience. The Sims expansions added junk to put in your house. Maybe a few more people to be. Not worth the price tag.

If EA cared, the expansions wouldn't be 500% above their cost.

Look what they did to SimCity 4. Its good, but still lacking so much. It could of been polished so much better....

With the resources that Electronics Arts, the niumber one video game publisher in the world had its just mind boggling to see the quality of games they slap out compared to what they rake in.

y2kash_14
01-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Well, it may not be a reasonable price, but if it continually sells at such a high rate, why lower the price? If EA is making tons of money off of these kinds of stuff, then they can't be doing anything wrong.

LINKINPARK8591
01-19-2003, 11:33 PM
well the sims i coo on pc but on the xbox i don't think that i would buy it because all games for consoles should just be about action, and stealth or any other game that gamers like. yeah it's aight on computer it suits them pc but not a console.

SPARTAN VI
01-20-2003, 03:41 AM
I don't know, in 8th grade I used to rush home to get my hands on the game. Forget why the game was any fun, I guess it was becuase I recreated the X-MEN with my own custom sigs and learned 1000 ways to kill my SIMS. I tried playing the game again 6 months ago and man, I got tired of it after I gave my sim his last name. I traded TheSims, Livin' Large, and House Party for my XBOX stuff, got a mere $30 for it all compared to the overwhelmingly steep hole it put in my pocket. EB wouldn't even let me trade SimCity in becuase they said EA had some liscence thing going. I finally got rid of the piece of crap though, and I'm not going to touch anything EA. EVER. AGAIN. EVER. NEVER EVER. EVER EVER NEVER. EVER. NEVER. Don't you get it? NEVER. EVER.

ARONO129
01-21-2003, 12:08 AM
I played SIMS on my PC and found it really boring. I can't see why it's so popular.

Cesar902
01-21-2003, 02:35 AM
I did play the sims on the computer, but I got bored really quicky!