PDA

View Full Version : American Xbox gets shafted... again.

Kraft
01-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Well, this is new news on the main page, but I am guessing not everyone reads through it, so I figured I would drop this one here:

Available at a suggested retail price of 6,800 yen ($58), the kit includes Xbox voice communicator, a one-year service fee, and two game titles "Fantacy Star Online Episodes I&II" and "Zuno Taisen Live (Brain Battle Live)," and a collection of four table games: mahjong, go, Japanese chess, and reverse game.

I do understand that MS is really having to push their products in Japan, but why give us loyal supporters 2 game demos, when they get 2 actual games and extra board games? I mean come on. They are only paying 8 more dollars than I did. I wouldn't mind being able to play chess or hearts on my box, I play it on my computer time to time, and frankly I'd really love to smack some of you down with my monster chess game :) So what are everyone elses feelings on this? Do you feel left out in the cold?

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 02:17 PM
That makes me a little upset. I thought since Microsoft was an American company, they would never shaft us like Sega, Sony, and Nintendo. But I guess I was wrong.

I wish the starter kit in the U.S. had PSO. I would have had Xbox Live right now if we got it in the U.S.

SkoalMint
01-16-2003, 02:18 PM
I'm with you on that Kraft. Unfortunately, they know we'll pay for the kit even if it is only a couple of demos.

I definitely be down for some spades or hearts on XBL. Imagine all the trash talking that would be going down on that. :cool:

RudedogX
01-16-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
I'm with you on that Kraft. Unfortunately, they know we'll pay for the kit even if it is only a couple of demos.

I definitely be down for some spades or hearts on XBL. Imagine all the trash talking that would be going down on that. :cool:

I've actually played some heated games of hearts. The trash can definetly fly among friends when it gets going!

Dark Enemy
01-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Well, this is new news on the main page, but I am guessing not everyone reads through it, so I figured I would drop this one here:

I do understand that MS is really having to push their products in Japan, but why give us loyal supporters 2 game demos, when they get 2 actual games and extra board games? I mean come on. They are only paying 8 more dollars than I did. I wouldn't mind being able to play chess or hearts on my box, I play it on my computer time to time, and frankly I'd really love to smack some of you down with my monster chess game :) So what are everyone elses feelings on this? Do you feel left out in the cold?

Thats ****ed up man, they are trying to impress them while they leave us out,. There prolly doing it to get better support but still.

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 02:39 PM
I heard Sony can't even sell more than 200,000 Playstation 2's in South Korea when they launced the system on Feb. 22, the same as Xbox. Maybe that was just a bad day to launch a system.;)

LynxFX
01-16-2003, 02:48 PM
I read the front page and thought the exact same thing Kraft. For once we have a popular American made console and what do they do? Give all the freebies to those overseas in hopes that it will be mildly successful. :rolleyes:

I really wish MS would stop trying so hard in Japan and focus on their home country instead.

VeNoMiZA
01-16-2003, 02:57 PM
microsoft is just kissing balls to japan becuzz they scared the japanese crowd wont adopt to XBOX :rolleyes: dumb idiots i should ***** the hell of microsoft.

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
microsoft is just kissing balls to japan becuzz they scared the japanese crowd wont adopt to XBOX :rolleyes: dumb idiots i should ***** the hell of microsoft. I just hope they do something to get Japan to like the Xbox. I really like Japanese game more than anything and I want them on Xbox. I really wish there were some Anime games on Xbox. I would buy a game before just because it had great anime artwork.;)

VeNoMiZA
01-16-2003, 03:01 PM
heh i wanted to play lunar nwever did tho.. is it any good?

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
heh i wanted to play lunar nwever did tho.. is it any good? Yes it is. It's one of the best RPG games I ever played. I bought the first one for $20 at EB new and the second one at Gamestop for $40 new. They both have a great story and characters. The battles system is very dated, but the anime cutscenes are the best I've ever seen.

I wrote a mini review of Lunar on my Website on the Three Weekly Games Page. The link to that page is one my homepage.

Dirty DeStrO
01-16-2003, 03:35 PM
One of the reasons I purchased the XBOX was because I was tired of all the coolest poop coming out for PS2/DC in Japan and having to drive 2hrs to this import store in order to get the Japanese titles and accessories. I was hoping that since XBOX was a American system that table would be reversed. It's BS that MS won't give us a comparable deal in the States.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-16-2003, 09:36 PM
even the most harden fanboy can't defend that deal....what the hell is wroung with microsoft..i guess that microsoft love the japanese more than their loyal US gamers.....i guess they think that the Us fanbase is to stupid to raise a stink about it..and i guess their right..........

EHWfedPres
01-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Hearts is a great game, i have it on my pc...i started playing it one day when I had no clue what was going on and now im pretty good at it...i'd love to see an online hearts game for the xbox. ;)

bbchs_trash
01-16-2003, 10:06 PM
I had Lunar way back on Sega CD. Was the best game I played for the system... although its Playstation reincarnation didn't really interest me very much.

-Back on Topic-

I'm sick of getting the shaft myself. I think we should all call up the 1-800 # and complain. Because if we don't start to complain the same thing is going to happen over and over again. I am absolutely disgusted in this. It's complete and utter bull ****. Why should I dish out my hard earned cash when the Japs get the same stuff for free?

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
I had Lunar way back on Sega CD. Was the best game I played for the system... although its Playstation reincarnation didn't really interest me very much.

-Back on Topic-

I'm sick of getting the shaft myself. I think we should all call up the 1-800 # and complain. Because if we don't start to complain the same thing is going to happen over and over again. I am absolutely disgusted in this. It's complete and utter bull ****. Why should I dish out my hard earned cash when the Japs get the same stuff for free? I thought the Playstation reincarnation was excellent. The anime looked way better and the loadingtimes were imroved. I thought Lunar ` and 2 were one of my favorite Playstation games after FF Anthology and FFVII.

I say give the Japanese respect. They are really good developers and they're great with electronics. I think Japan is a great country. I would love to live there.:)

J Dub
01-17-2003, 12:34 AM
A game like hearts, or chess, couldn't be that big. Maybe they'll have it as a download for us US/Canada folk?

CharlieHustle
01-19-2003, 11:23 AM
I might have to disagree with you guys here. Lets think now, if the xbox was selling well over there as well as in the US then there would be a problem. Or, they could have released LIVE to the US and Japan at the same time, but Japan get the free PSO deal then i wold think they are shaftin us. But since the xbox isnt doin too good in japan, you have to try something to get people to buy their system. Now if ms really hated us they could have been like the dc and released LIVE in japan months before we got it. Im not too hyped over PSO anyways cuz i played over and over on the DC and it began to get repetitive. Overall, im happy with my LIVE and i got it months before Japan got it, how many times can we all say that we got a release before them? The Big N and DC made us wait for flagship titles like Zelda or PSO while the Japanese probably finished it already. Basically i understand what MS is doin, they are tryin to get more xboxes into japanese homes and releasin a game they are familiar with will hopefully do it.