PDA

View Full Version : Apex

Xbox Owner
01-16-2003, 07:21 PM
This game looks nice..what are your thoughts?:) ;)

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 08:32 PM
Congrats of 5000 post. I hope to get there someday.;)

Anyway, I'm quite interested in Apex. The graphics look great. I just hope its not a sim racer where I have to upgrade the cars. I hope it's like Project Gotham but a lot easier.

steveo_wrx
01-17-2003, 10:31 AM
There will be a role-playing element to the game. You have to start a car company, set up manufacturing for it, marketing, testing and development as well as racing. That's the career mode, although I'm sure you can just dive right in and do quick races as well.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/375/375702p1.html

Just how much all of this will add or detract from the racing, we shall see. The screen shots are looking sweet, no doubt about it.

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by steveo_wrx
There will be a role-playing element to the game. You have to start a car company, set up manufacturing for it, marketing, testing and development as well as racing. That's the career mode, although I'm sure you can just dive right in and do quick races as well.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/375/375702p1.html

Just how much all of this will add or detract from the racing, we shall see. The screen shots are looking sweet, no doubt about it. I like RPG elements in games so I guess I'll be keeping a closer watch of this title. I will admit my Xbox has too many racing games.

kacklon
01-21-2003, 12:44 AM
Im getting this one when it comes out. I spent all day yesterday just reading all previews and hands on I could find. This game really looks amazing.

Shadow20002
01-30-2003, 04:16 PM
This game will just have more replay value than any racing games available !! ;)

xboxaddict1226
02-05-2003, 02:34 PM
Yes, this game looks very good come sout on the 18th i cant wait

mmattai
02-06-2003, 12:15 AM
I can't wait for this game either, but I think I'll have to rent it before I buy. Unless the reviews or user impressions I get from the forums can convince me without the need to rent. I really don't trust the hype machines, so I'll have to wait and see.

cya punk
02-20-2003, 09:15 AM
Even though the graphics are subpar the gameplay isn't that fun, mainly because the AI

cheats. if they hit or even touch your car they are able to pass you. and you lose your position

by 3 cars . You also lose your position if you hit their car.

In the Intro it appears you can knock cars out of your way while maintaining the lead.

Actual gameplay is different.

I want a racing game with grudgematch style capabilities !

there's nothing like playing bumper cars and knocking the other cars around while still keeping
the lead.

I am not talking about hitting a wall or crates or other objects that would warrant you lose your position by 3 cars.

I am talking about car Bumping and Ramming.

In Project Gotham you can keep the opposition off you by Bumping or Ramming them.

you don't get bumped back 3 cars , because it all depends on how well

you can Recover control of your car.

In Apex you don't get the Satisfaction of Recovering , you get Penalized !

What about the AI , are they Penalized ???

No , they can Recover and take the lead ,

also maintaining their speed while you will losing your speed - in the same situation.

2 words - Unbalanced Gameplay.

Another example of good and fair gameplay is Nascar Thunder 2003.

Here as well you are allowed to bump the competition and keep your position if you

Recover. in the real world of Nascar you are not allowed to bump and ram , but that's real life.

Most people buy games to escape and do things that you can't normally do in real life.

You said " that in all racing games you played you lose your lead " , Well iv'e given 2

examples from a few of the best Racing Games in existance that you don't.

-Think fun , Make it fun , So we can all have fun-

:cool:

Sexy 1
03-10-2003, 07:35 PM
does anyone no how to get turbo I know you hold R then press up,down,left,right at the loading screen but what loading screen?:eek:

Xbox Owner
03-23-2003, 11:51 AM
I don't know about the real game.. but the demo is fun as hell!

I played the demo two days ago.. it's great. And I was having grudge matches w/ the other cars and stuff? I was ramming them too.. a few times they got speed bursts, though. I love the game, but I'll stick with the Demo, because you get like 5 tracks and a few cars.:cool:

Mahlon
03-24-2003, 12:10 PM
I've had the Xbox for over a year now and Apex is one of the most fun games I've played. For my ability much better than PGR and I wouldn't part with it! You MUST look at the hood view, however. It makes all the difference in the world.

ImmortalTech
03-27-2003, 10:13 PM
i rented it and it sucked really bad, don't bother renting it or buying it.

steveo_wrx
03-28-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by ImmortalTech
i rented it and it sucked really bad, don't bother renting it or buying it.

Ah, can you expand on that a little bit ? :confused: