PDA

View Full Version : Got it today

Death Dealer
01-16-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi all. I just purchased an XBOX today. I am a long time gamer of the PS2 and PC but something told me to get the box. So far I have gotten 3 games for it: Hitman2, Unreal Championship, Star Wars Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight II. I almost got Mech Assault but the guy at Circut City said it wasnt that good if you didnt have live. But the game still looks like it could be a good one. What else besides Halo would you guys recommend? I am renting Halo next week when I am off on vacation.

Well I am off to play the XBOX. Hope to see you guys around.

EHWfedPres
01-16-2003, 09:33 PM
I reccommend Morrowind, Deathrow, Quantum Redshift, and Dave Mirra 2 (for wipeout mode, of course)

Liquid Gears
01-16-2003, 09:33 PM
If your a Fighter, I highly HIGHLY suggest Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO! Try to grab <a href="http://www.xbox.com/capcomvssnk/default.htm?cs_catalog=cat%2dus">this</a> game, it releases this week!!! :eek:

To me, this will be the game of the year 2003

No Fear 23
01-17-2003, 01:38 PM
dont rent halo, get that game no matter what. its everybodies fav game.!!

welcome to the xbox club :)

OuFtb
01-17-2003, 02:05 PM
I could recomind alot but Splinter Cell, James Bond Nightfire, and NCAA football 2003(EA sports) I have them all and they are all great games.

Ninja Scroll
01-17-2003, 02:26 PM
Welcome to XBA and congrates on purchasing an XBox.

Hope to see ya around Death Dealer, Naw Mean?:)

yall
01-17-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Death Dealer
I almost got Mech Assault but the guy at Circut City said it wasnt that good if you didnt have live. But the game still looks like it could be a good one.

Congrats on your purchase. But as far as MechAssault being no-good as a single player game, those folks at circuit-city are dead wrong. The single player game is great. Tons of action and great level design, with easy to understand objectives. Combine that with the fact that the graphics and sound are top-notch, and its a sure fire winner. Give it a try.

studepaber
01-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Get Panzer Dragoon Orta is you want to display the Xbox's TRUE graphic capabilities (errr as opposed to it non true ones i guess).

VenoM
01-17-2003, 03:27 PM
you got unreal and you dont have a xbox live?....made a bad choice...unreal sucks offline and to tell ya the truth its just average even with online play......should of got mechassault instead it atleast has a single player story mode....or better yet should of picked up halo or splinter cell...atleast a game that takes advantage of the xbox hardware

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 04:02 PM
That's a good choice to pick up an Xbox. The Playstation 2 is still an excellent system to own. It's great to have both systems.:)

VenoM
01-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
That's a good choice to pick up an Xbox. The Playstation 2 is still an excellent system to own. I'd give Playstation 2 the edge over Xbox because of RPG games but Xbox will probably be better in the future.;)

i despise turnbase rpg's:mad: whats so fun about pressing a button and it does all of the action for you....KOTOR is gonna be turn base and to me thats a shame :( that game could of been pretty neat but now they screwed it up with that turnbase style of fighting crap...i wanna do the fighting damn it! i wanna be able to swing that light saber anyway i want but instead it will swing once then wait till the bad guy swings at you then its your turn to swing....damn turnbase...... its so lame :rolleyes: oh well...hope galaxies doesnt have that crap in it

:)

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
i despise turnbase rpg's:mad: whats so fun about pressing a button and it does all of the action for you....KOTOR is gonna be turn base and to me thats a shame :( that game could of been pretty neat but now they screwed it up with that turnbase style of fighting crap...i wanna do the fighting damn it! i wanna be able to swing that light saber anyway i want but instead it will swing once then wait till the bad guy swings at you then its your turn to swing....damn turnbase...... its so lame :rolleyes: oh well...hope galaxies doesnt have that crap in it

:) Turn based RPG games are not only for the battle system, they ar for the great story. Like in Final Fantasy VII. There is mini games to play and a really great story that can shed some tears. There's a lot more than entering commands. If FF, there is a time meter of the enemies attack. You have to attack the enemy quickly and enter commands in right to beat battles. It's also fun because you can upgrade weapons and travel and a world map. Your are doing the fighting in some turn based RPG games. In Legend of Dragoon and Shadow Hearts, you have to push the X button at the right time to pull off a great attack. Turn Based RPG games are my second favorite games after Platform games.

TommyQ
01-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
you got unreal and you dont have a xbox live?....made a bad choice...unreal sucks offline and to tell ya the truth its just average even with online play......should of got mechassault instead it atleast has a single player story mode....or better yet should of picked up halo or splinter cell...atleast a game that takes advantage of the xbox hardware

I dont have live either but i still think UC is very fun to play. I like to play deathmatch and bombing run (cant beat a game of football with guns).

VenoM
01-17-2003, 04:39 PM
not my thing....:( i enjoy having complete control of my attacks....free fighting.....one reason why i think ff is lame....if it was free fighting i think i would like it...just find turnbase annoying..it kills games for me..just like it killed kotor :(

Highlite23
01-17-2003, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the ward!:)

All good choices onthe games, my picks.......

Halo
Splinter Cell
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Ghost Recon

:D We may be here for a bit;)

Enjoy the system and XBA

shrew king
01-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the site, hope you find some games that you like.

Razor70
01-18-2003, 01:27 AM
Hi there! I am a reborn Xbox fan of late and have just recently gotten my Xbox back in my home! I can't understand how I lived without it for so long! I got Splinter Cell, Panzaar Dragoon Orta and Halo for my first three games with the system. And in the next week or so...Xbox Live will be entering my home too along with NBA 2k3, NFL 2k3 and NHL 2k3 so I can play some games online! Welcome to the insanity that is XBOX!