PDA

View Full Version : I was at EB today ....

Fuel Injected
01-16-2003, 09:44 PM
I was at EB today and they have this program called the GMR. It costs you $10.00 to join and you get 12 months of GMR magazine (there mag) and a 10% discount on all used games. I took them up on the deal and I also bought 3 used games and I saved an additional 11.75 off the used prices. So the GMR package paid for itself the first day I got it. I must say the mag is very informative and the reviews seem to be very non biased and I like that aspect of it since I play both the XBOX and PS2.

Well just thought I would pass this along incase you didnt hear of the program yet.

Xbox Owner
01-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Hmm.. sounds cool. I'll check it out in a few days.:)

Professor Kaos
01-16-2003, 09:53 PM
I did this last week:)

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Fuel Injected
I was at EB today and they have this program called the GMR. It costs you $10.00 to join and you get 12 months of GMR magazine (there mag) and a 10% discount on all used games. I took them up on the deal and I also bought 3 used games and I saved an additional 11.75 off the used prices. So the GMR package paid for itself the first day I got it. I must say the mag is very informative and the reviews seem to be very non biased and I like that aspect of it since I play both the XBOX and PS2.

Well just thought I would pass this along incase you didnt hear of the program yet. There was a thread about this in the Off Topic. I just hope the magazine is like Play and not like Game Informer.;)

bbchs_trash
01-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Last week here too...

Xbox Owner
01-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
There was a thread about this in the Off Topic. I just hope the magazine is like Play and not like Game Informer.;)

Yikes!! I ordered them with the 10% off last year at Funcoland.. Never got another issue.:o

Cloud Strife
01-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
Yikes!! I ordered them with the 10% off last year at Funcoland.. Never got another issue.:o That magazine isn't even worth it although it's very cheap. My friend got the magazine for free and throws away every issue. The magazine is so biased towards Xbox, whenever I see someone at Babbages mention it to me, I tell them no Thank You.:D

Gertrude420
01-16-2003, 11:10 PM
Sucks for all u guys cause theres a 20% of all preowned floating around right now at eb. thats why just bought like 20 games in the last 2 weeks

TommyQ
01-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Yeah I got the GMR deal too. Its a decent magazine seems to have unbiased reviews of all systems and PC. I play XBOX, PS2, and PC games so I kinda like the way they do unbiased reviews. And for 10 bucks you can save that in one trip so its not hard to get your money back from it even if the mag turns out to be junk

Software2
01-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
That magazine isn't even worth it although it's very cheap. My friend got the magazine for free and throws away every issue. The magazine is so biased towards Xbox, whenever I see someone at Babbages mention it to me, I tell them no Thank You.:D

Biased towards XBox? Hardly! They are biased, but towards the PS2. (But it is still a pretty cruddy mag)

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Software2
Biased towards XBox? Hardly! They are biased, but towards the PS2. (But it is still a pretty cruddy mag) I heard before from Gamestop employees that met the editors of Game Informer Magazine and they really don't like Xbox and they want Microsoft out of the gaming business. I think that is just plain dumb because Xbox had improved the way people paly videogames and I love it.;)