PDA

View Full Version : what is your favorite vehicle in halo and why??????????

HAROLD
01-16-2003, 10:17 PM
my favorite vehicle is the banshee because it can fly anywhere you want, and now what is yours

Xbox Owner
01-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Banshee baby.:cool:

Ha, I found out about it being able to shoot those green things like six months after I owned Halo.:eek:

bbchs_trash
01-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Xbox Owner - I didn't know about them until I played through on Legendary one day(a year after launch or so)... so you're not the only one...

My favorite vehicle is easily the Warthog. Best for CTF. Raid the base... and I can maneuver it better than anyone. I had some mad skills with the Hog over XBC. Should have been there... because we were CTF kings....

EHWfedPres
01-17-2003, 12:34 PM
my least fav vehicle is the tank...i always put the in the hole in blood gutch cause the other team always steals them to protect their flag.

I like the ghost cause its fast, can fly onto the blood gutch bases, throw you thru the bars in sidewinder, and its fast.

HAROLD
01-18-2003, 07:36 AM
my first favorite vehicle is the banshee the second one is the warthog the third one is the ghost and the last one is the tank

wbio
01-18-2003, 07:50 AM
My favorite is the ghost because it can go so fast, and you can use it in multiplayer. I love making people run into the base in Blood Gulch and think that they are safe, and I just go in and run them over.

Wolf
01-18-2003, 09:30 AM
yeah that can happen... but if they go out of the other side they can probly make it to the top, cuz u might be stuck 4 a sec

HAROLD
01-18-2003, 08:39 PM
my first favorite vehicle is the banshee the second one is the warthog the third one is the ghost and the last one is the tank

and ithink the banshee is the best you can fly anywhere and you got infinite ammo and you got a special weapon those green bombs they are very kool

HAROLD
01-18-2003, 08:40 PM
one of the things taht i hate most is when a soldier or a marine try to drive the ghost they kill you if you are close of them and they drive like crazy. I hate when they kill me.but when that happend i get the ghost and kill them too.

:( :mad:

HAROLD
01-18-2003, 08:42 PM
:confused: :eek: :confused: hi i got a question therre is anyway that i can get in the convenant tank? because that tank is very kool:cool:

Wolf
01-18-2003, 10:18 PM
no there isn't...

Reclaimer
01-18-2003, 11:55 PM
The warthog. I can perform a one man surgical strike with the warthog. I can out manuever just anything in that jeep. It is a tool and a weapon, not just a form of conveyence. I am the ultimate wheelman.

HAROLD
01-23-2003, 09:51 AM
my favorite vehicles are the warthog and the banshee

nerdling
01-23-2003, 10:41 PM
why are all you guys baggin the tank. the tanks kicks ass. it is the most powerful of ALL the vehicles and combined with 4 marines on the side it is nearly unstoppably. id like to see your ghost destroy a conevant tank with three blasts...

Ford Mustang
01-24-2003, 08:08 PM
If they hadn't designed the cabin of the tank so poorly, then it would be ultimate, because now someone can just snipe you out. The way you take damage is crap too...If someone shoots the back of the tank with an AR then you die, what is up with that?

But anyway...Tanks are virtually useless without infantry support (i.e. guys on the track pods)

The tank would be the boss with a closed cabin and a damage system like the ghost and banshee

I was talking about multiplayer, by the way...lol

The thing about the tank is though, that if you get the first shot, you are most probably going to win, because it's easy to follow a Ghost or Warthog with the turret and shoot your enemies into oblivion since the shell is so explosive, and the MG on it works good as well...

The Warthog is damn good though, get a gunner, and a guy with a rocket launcher in multi, and it's like a tank, except 3 times faster.

nerdling
01-25-2003, 07:26 PM
yeah true, the warthog is better in multiplayer but i just love blowin the crap outta an elite in a ghost. fantastic.
how good would a level be where it is like enclosed and has a high roof and they allowed the use of banshees. whoa mamma!

peace out

SoccerCJM77
01-27-2003, 02:56 PM
I think the Warthog is the sweetest because you can do nice turns and you can flip smoothly over passing cars. The only thing bad about it is if you don't have passengers you could die pretty easily. Playing teams on Blood Glutch while having the Warthog is the best. I wish I had broadband, because I can't wait for HALO 2:D

Liquid Gears
01-28-2003, 06:55 PM
Common'........the Warthog is by far the best!! I like it because you can drive it, shoot out of it, shoot the chain gun, and it's a great sheild for sniping and hiding behind. Plus, it's quick

Leviathon
01-29-2003, 12:42 PM
I like the ghost when flying solo.

But my friend and I will grab warthog, and just take out everyone we see, especially ghosts. People have no chance against the machine gun. You just have to watch out for tanks.

DreamShifter
01-30-2003, 02:00 AM
I prefer a warthog myself over the rest, but the scorpion rocks too. If I'm playin multiplayer against a couple of friends, and I see a empty hog sittin in the middle of a field, I'll find the closest rocket launcher, and just hit it with that, anybody hidin behind it is toast. But it's so easy to maneuver, you can take out anybody with it, especially those hunters. Sometimes it takes a couple passes to take em out, but I always get em in the end.

OppiumNitrates
01-30-2003, 03:39 PM
Hog no contest.

Originally posted by bbchs_trash
... and I can maneuver it better than anyone.

I dont know brotha thats cauz you never seen me behind the wheel . . . in CTF i was famous for returning the flag or picking the flag up (out in the open) while keeping the hog at full speed, also me and my squad do FULL SPEED pick ups, thats right with the flag or out in the field for an assult . . . i would line the hog up and he would stand driver side and when i go full speed past him he presses 'x' to hop in while the hogs moving at full speed a real handy trick if the situation calls for it. . . also i love aiming it at someone going full speed and then jumping out at the last second so they get the "killed by a vichel" this is good for giving them extra respawn time(if suicide penalty is one) also good for CTF so u have a few more seconds before the guy respawns.

Not trying to be too c0cky but I havnt seen anyone drive the hog like i have. :cool:

nerdling
02-02-2003, 12:40 AM
sorry buddy but im afraid i will have to tell you that you are indeed the 2nd best HOG driver around. where i come from (australia) there is no doubt that i am the one and only halo multiplayer champ. sorry to busrt your bubble.....

(go scorpion tank):cool:

SiGuy
02-08-2003, 06:46 PM
I dunno theres pros and cons to all of em.
The tank has a lot of firepower but is an easy sniper target (unless the person is a poor shot)
the Warthog has great manueverability and is by far the most fun to drive but cannot gun and go at the same time.
The ghost is fast but has limited firepower, is easily flipped, and has poor long range accuracy.
The banshee can fly, but is not available in multiplayer so come on, why is that one even in the running........ but i gotta say the warthog just cuz im more for wheelin and what other vehicle can you do a 900 in in a warthog war.

cruel_kathryn
02-09-2003, 12:07 AM
The warthog for sure! That is wayyyyy fun, particularly in multiplayer.
Speaking of which - yesterday me and 6 friends had a little multiplayer battle with 3 TVs and 3 Xboxs. It was only 6 players, most of the time (Cuz any more than 2 on a screen is crap). But It was way fun!... Only wish we had more TVs and more room...

OppiumNitrates
02-11-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by nerdling
sorry buddy but im afraid i will have to tell you that you are indeed the 2nd best HOG driver around. where i come from (australia) there is no doubt that i am the one and only halo multiplayer champ. sorry to busrt your bubble.....

(go scorpion tank):cool:

Yeah right son, I'll run you the f0k over, take your flag, run you down some more, jump out defile your courpse with the flag and be out on your silly ass before you even know what happened . . . . I'll get you so mad you'll be throwing your controller around the room and quiting out on the game. It will be your demise if you think you can drive a hog better then me, And I'll put my skills to the test any day!

SiGuy
02-11-2003, 02:57 PM
I think you guys need an online warthog war to sort this out. I would gladly take all of you on (but no cable internet):mad:

MerimacHamwich
02-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Probably the scorpion. I can get on a pretty huge killing spree when I get in one of those bad boys with full health.

Oh and, Manowar, don't think you need broadband to play Halo on Xbconnect.

SiGuy
02-11-2003, 09:11 PM
It might be possible but my slow ass dial up aint gonna cut it. ~glitch~

MerimacHamwich
02-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Yeah, it won't bother poeple that much though. It always has been laggy.

Reclaimer
02-12-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Probably the scorpion. I can get on a pretty huge killing spree when I get in one of those bad boys with full health.

Oh and, Manowar, don't think you need broadband to play Halo on Xbconnect.

I love rolling big in the tank, but it's a short lived fun. The only thing you can really do is wreak as much havok with the tank as quickly as possible. Why? Because your butt is cooked as soon as a sniper gets set up. So you're looking at maybe less than a minute to get your killing spree on. It is a good short term equalizer. Jump in, lay on the machine gun and start wailing away with the cannon at everyone and everything. And pray that the enemy sniper misses his first shot so you can put a cannon round right up his tracer stream. I'll stick with the jeep for highspeed hijinks. Nothing says loving like kissing someone's cranium with the business end of the warthog. Plus I love that you can take the jeep practically anywhere in the interior of the outdoor levels like the inbetween passage of Sidewinder. A highspeed insertion vehicle, I like to think of it. Plus it makes good cover from small arms fire. You can crouch next to a wheel and use the truck to stop bullets for you.

SiGuy
02-12-2003, 09:31 PM
its gonna bother me though because I get like a whopping 3k per second

Reclaimer
02-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Another thing about the warthog, if you're particularly good, you can drive full speed somewhere, bail out, then as the truck passes by hop into back behind the chain gun. If you do it right, then you are a one man wrecking machine with that thing. Don't try it with a bunch of snipers after you though. You'll get picked off in 2 seconds flat. But the uses of the jeep are endless. My favorite? Kamikaze mode. Hauling ass into battle and jumping out after running over someone and getting into the firefight.

SiGuy
02-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Another thing about the warthog, if you're particularly good, you can drive full speed somewhere, bail out, then as the truck passes by hop into back behind the chain gun. If you do it right, then you are a one man wrecking machine with that thing. Don't try it with a bunch of snipers after you though. You'll get picked off in 2 seconds flat. But the uses of the jeep are endless. My favorite? Kamikaze mode. Hauling ass into battle and jumping out after running over someone and getting into the firefight. Ive tried that a couple of times but it doesnt work if theres a couple good snipers. you gotta time it just right though. one time at afriends house I was gonna try that in a warthog war. I jumped out and didnt jump back in in time and got sandwiched

Reclaimer
02-13-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by ~ManoWar~
Ive tried that a couple of times but it doesnt work if theres a couple good snipers. you gotta time it just right though. one time at afriends house I was gonna try that in a warthog war. I jumped out and didnt jump back in in time and got sandwiched

Yeah it can backfire. Pretty much goes without saying that if yo have some good snipers out there, then any vehicle is pretty much out of the question. The only last ditch thing you can do is jump into a tank and pull a hail mary shot before you get a .50 round to the dome. Too many snipers? Forget wheels, get a rocket spanker, and the shotgun and go sniper hunting on foot.

OppiumNitrates
02-16-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Another thing about the warthog, if you're particularly good, you can drive full speed somewhere, bail out, then as the truck passes by hop into back behind the chain gun.

Being able to pick up or return a flag while driving full speed and not slowing down is better then the running gunner(which is what me and my frineds call the jumping into the gun trick.) Also doiong full speed pick-ups is a really good way for flag runs or picking up a gunner to lay down some fire.

HALO2
06-06-2003, 12:33 AM
my fav0rite vehicle is the warth0g

nerdling
06-10-2003, 05:40 AM
well, then call me Mr Master

sabca
06-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Ghost; it's so versitile and useful. It's a ***** to take out on foot for most people, it can take out a tank easy(although it will more often that not be gunned down by the machine gun on the hog, unless you play it right),it's faster than all the other vehicles and it's just fun to use :)

thrAsher
06-10-2003, 11:15 AM
sabca, well said.

the ghost is my favorite for two reasons:

1) speed (it can run -err, hover- circles around the other vehicles while offering good shielding up front)

2) maneuverability (the ghost handles the best {IMO} and it can go where other vehicles can't)

in descending order, here's how the other vehicles score w/ me.

2nd: the banshee
3rd: the scorpion
4th: everybody elses fave, the warthog

and Reclaimer: i love the Kamikaze tactic (as you called it) also. the ghost is great for that, too.

CuBaNo
06-12-2003, 02:39 PM
the jeep, u can do alot with two people on it, lol. and when u crash it together its unpredicable :yikes: . really good for escaping with the flag. :

sabca
06-14-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by CuBaNo
the jeep, u can do alot with two people on it, lol. and when u crash it together its unpredicable :yikes: . really good for escaping with the flag. :

Actually, I wouldn't call it unpredictable. After playing Halo so much I have a pretty good idea of what going to happen just before I collide into something and if and how to pull out of crashing. Mind you that just comes from experience and it doesn't always work :)