PDA

View Full Version : EA support Soul Calibur II...

Shadow20002
01-17-2003, 11:32 AM
EA TO PUBLISH SOUL CALIBUR II ON PS2, XBOX

Electronic Arts has revealed that it has snagged the publishing rights to Namco's stupendous fighter Soul Calibur II, with PS2 and Xbox version confirmed for release at an unspecified date.
The announcement made no mention of the forthcoming GameCube version but a spokesperson for Namco confirmed to us that Nintendo would be handling the publishing itself.

Soul Calibur II is the incredible follow-up to Namco's sublime 3D, weapons-based fighter which set the world alight when released on Sega's ill-fated Dreamcast console. Number two brings improvements in all areas, with a deeper, refined combat system, new characters and the addition of boundaries which can be interacted with.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh ok, after we know that Battlefield 1942 was canceled (a lots of post about it) by EA. This could be bad news for someone. Anyway in my way, this title look great though and i don't care about the publisher. :p

Knight
01-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
EA TO PUBLISH SOUL CALIBUR II ON PS2, XBOX

Electronic Arts has revealed that it has snagged the publishing rights to Namco's stupendous fighter Soul Calibur II, with PS2 and Xbox version confirmed for release at an unspecified date.

In the USA? Can I have a link?

RudedogX
01-17-2003, 12:05 PM
And to think, I was actually excited to get this game. How many of you want to bet that it'll never see the light of day on the XBox now?:(

AlBoogy
01-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Anyone going to say screw EA now? I think not!

Knight
01-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

The only site I know of that's saying EA is publishing SC2 is a UK site.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=85807

So maybe it's just for Europe & the UK.

If you goto this link you can see it's a UK site.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/interact/subscribe/subscribe.html

AlBoogy
01-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Knight
The only site I know of that's saying EA is publishing SC2 is a UK site.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=85807

So maybe it's just for Europe & the UK.

If you goto this link you can see it's a UK site.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/interact/subscribe/subscribe.html

Ok, but what if it turns out to be true? Anyone who doesnt get this game simply because EA is publishing it would be a moron.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Man O' man...i can't wait for this baby to ship!!!! Gameing goodness at it's best.....I guess alot of guys are going to eat their word and buy it........Way to go EA!!!....wait a sec?! Has anything been said about the US release?.....

Knight
01-17-2003, 01:00 PM
Ok, but what if it turns out to be true? Anyone who doesnt get this game simply because EA is publishing it would be a moron.

I don't care who's publishing it as long as it comes out for the XBox in the USA! EA is only the publishing & is not the Developer.

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Yeah it's for Europe anyway. I absolutely love Namco. I already have two of their Xbox titles and I plan on buying the other too. Namco, Sega, Capcom, Konami, Hudson Soft, Game Arts, and Treasure rule.;)

Knight
01-17-2003, 01:47 PM
Chertsey, UK. – January 15th, 2003 – Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS), the world's leading interactive entertainment software company, today officially announced plans to publish Soul CaliburTM II for Namco Limited for the PLAYSTATION®2 computer entertainment system and the XboxTM video game system across PAL territories.

Kevin Yanagihara, Director of Namco Limited, said, "We look forward to bringing this title to the Soul Calibur fans in the PAL territories."

The PAL release dates for Soul Calibur II are as yet to be confirmed.

http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1042725681,10244,

So here's the facts In the USA, Japan or any where that is NTSC Namco is publishing it.

Xbox Owner
01-17-2003, 02:24 PM
old news..

blah.. xbox got ripped on the secret characters.. but whatever

EHWfedPres
01-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Knight
PLAYSTATION®2 computer entertainment system and the XboxTM video game system

its funny how ps2 fans say the xbox is like a computer when the ps2 is advertised as a computer entertainment system. :D

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
its funny how ps2 fans say the xbox is like a computer when the ps2 is advertised as a computer entertainment system. :D I agree with that. The Playstation 2 can also run Linux, has a keyboard and a monitor. Games have to be installed into a harddrive. I think that's more of a PC.:)

xboxmaster2002
01-17-2003, 02:58 PM
****** EA always finds a way to **** somthing up and now there going to make the xbox version worse than the PS2 version or some **** like that those ***s EA sucks.

VeNoMiZA
01-17-2003, 03:19 PM
YEA SCREW EA im not buying it its that simple..

AlBoogy
01-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
YEA SCREW EA im not buying it its that simple..

Sad Venom,real sad. To be honest, I think the only people who have a legitimate right to be mad at EA are the early adoptors of Dreamcast. I was one of those people and I wouldnt buy an EA product in principle. But I realize now that with the XBox it could be worse. It could be lke the DC days and get absolutely 0 games. Im not sticking up for EAs actions one bit. But I enjoy some of there games so I cant "protest". MAYBE I will join the protest if somehow Sega makes a better college football game.

Cesar902
01-18-2003, 12:07 AM
F**k this. If freaking EA is publishing this game for NAMCO we can loose any hope to get Soul Calibur 2 on Xbox Live. This is just bullS**t, now the graphics for this game are going to be kept as low as possible, so it won't look all that great compare to the PS2 version.

Common I like the buffy the Vampare Slayers game, the gameplay is good, but the graphics are not that good, and I know why? Because Electronics Arts Published that game.

I want the sould Calibur 2 to be xbox live so you can compare stats and improve and advance through the game by competting againg other people stats or even facing other oponents from xbox live like in the Arcade, if you remember there are some arcades where you input a code and username and you can record and compete against other stats, this would be sweet on xbox live.

I just know that EA is going to make everything posible to make this game look like a simple PS2 port and Soul Calibur would not reach its MAX potential on Xbox.
Therefore I will not buy this game if EA has anything to do with it,if at least they put Xbox live support I will consider buying it.

Dark Enemy
01-18-2003, 12:43 AM
There only gonna do it in europe not USA:)

NINE BREAKER
01-20-2003, 01:47 AM
Hell yeah, I can't wait for this game. I played Soul Calibur on the DC, and I own Soul Blade on the PS, but this bad boy is going to be bad-@ss. And Spawn being the hidden, or special, character just makes it that much better.

And I agree that with EA publishing it the graphics are probably going to be Playstation quality, but the game play should surely make up for it.

JJaX
01-21-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by PublicEnemy2k3
There only gonna do it in europe not USA:)

Exactly, i dont know why everyone is freaking out. EA = UK, not US.

People got to start reading the threads....

Cloud Strife
01-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by NINE BREAKER
Hell yeah, I can't wait for this game. I played Soul Calibur on the DC, and I own Soul Blade on the PS, but this bad boy is going to be bad-@ss. And Spawn being the hidden, or special, character just makes it that much better.

And I agree that with EA publishing it the graphics are probably going to be Playstation quality, but the game play should surely make up for it. You had Soul Blade,I was considering buying that game because I saw it for $10. Is that game still pretty good althought the graphics are dated.

LynxFX
01-21-2003, 11:07 AM
If all EA wants to do is slap their silly little logo onto the game, then fine, I can live with that because what are you going to do? But if they put even a pinky into the developement of SC II then I can pretty much guarantee that the xbox version will either stutter or have worse graphics than GC and/or PS2.

I don't wish that the Xbox version of it to be the superior version, I expect it!

If EA touches the game developement at all then they can go ahead and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Cloud Strife
01-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
If all EA wants to do is slap their silly little logo onto the game, then fine, I can live with that because what are you going to do? But if they put even a pinky into the developement of SC II then I can pretty much guarantee that the xbox version will either stutter or have worse graphics than GC and/or PS2.

I don't wish that the Xbox version of it to be the superior version, I expect it!

If EA touches the game developement at all then they can go ahead and stick it where the sun don't shine. Well said.:) However, I don't think EA will change it. They didn't do that when they released Dead to Rights in Europe.