PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Man?!?! Explain!

The.Prophet
01-18-2003, 02:19 AM
Hows it going? Please allow me to vent. I am so friggen ****ed now. I can no longer take it. Why are soooooo many games released for PS2 and not xbox? For example? The Sims? This is starting to drive me nuts. Why are game developers staying away from xbox when it has so much more potential ? I know that every company doesn't have a contract with sony to make only PS2 games? Please help me understand guys... Thank you. Also, do you eve think xbox will ever catch up to PS2 as fas as amount of games?

Thank so much..
Rich

maneatingcow
01-18-2003, 02:45 AM
Click Here (http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=232797)

think before you post.

waffle.

HAROLD
01-18-2003, 07:19 AM
:D ;) :p LOL :p

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 08:39 AM
I usually don't like to reply to these post but for one, Playstation 2 has been out longer. Also, if you look at the Xbox and the Playstation 2 release schedule, the Xbox and the Playstation 2 have close to the same number of titles coming out. If you think the Xbox doesn't have any games, check the Gamecube's release schedule. Xbox probably won't catch up to Playstation 2 but it will probably have more quality games. Quality over quantity anyday.:)

FuNkY mOnK
01-18-2003, 10:02 AM
I also read in a new mag called GMR primer issue on page 44 that Square soft will release Final Fantasy X-2 for the Xbox and PC as early as Q3 2003. is this a typo? I'M STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER!!! but anyway like Burning Ranger says the amount of future games being released are equal.

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 10:41 AM
If you like ps2 games so much why not just go out and, ready, get this, BUY A PS2!

J Dub
01-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
If you like ps2 games so much why not just go out and, ready, get this, BUY A PS2!

Dude, he's ****ed because there are no Xbox games. Read before you flame, ass.

FuNkY mOnK
01-18-2003, 03:31 PM
I don't know who you're quoting and people should get into the habit of doing so, like that we know wtf is going on, but in case it's me i was just stating that while The Prophet is worried about xbox staying in the game no need to worry if Square soft is giving us FFX-2. and if it comes to xbox i hope they give us FF9 and ten as a bonus.

The.Prophet
01-18-2003, 03:57 PM
guys, thank you for the replys. Let's get a few things strait. I love my Xbox. I also did my research before I decided which console to purchase. And I knew that PS2 had more games and also had a 1 year start on Xbox. My question was just 'why don't companys make games for Xbox like they do PS2' ?
============
J-Dub: thanks for that reply :)
============
I will take quality over quanity anyday :+)

Richie

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by J Dub

Wtf are you talking about? There are no XBox games? Im talking to the thread starter. First of all he is upset at the fact that ps2 games arent also being made for XBox. Soooooo sounds to me like he would enjoy ps2 more. I think YOU are the one that isn't reading. I wont stoop to your level and call you an ASS.

FuNkY mOnK
01-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by The.Prophet
guys, thank you for the replys. Let's get a few things strait. I love my Xbox. I also did my research before I decided which console to purchase. And I knew that PS2 had more games and also had a 1 year start on Xbox. My question was just 'why don't companys make games for Xbox like they do PS2' ?
============
J-Dub: thanks for that reply :)
============
I will take quality over quanity anyday :+)

Richie
The answer to your question is to political, and only time will tell.

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
I don't know who you're quoting and people should get into the habit of doing so, like that we know wtf is going on, but in case it's me i was just stating that while The Prophet is worried about xbox staying in the game no need to worry if Square soft is giving us FFX-2. and if it comes to xbox i hope they give us FF9 and ten as a bonus.

There was nothing you said that made it seem like you wished you had PS2 ports. You said something about a rumor of FFX2. Nothing wrong with tht, we all pay attention to these rumors. But he is flat out saying he wants PS2 ports. (The Sims?) I apologize if you took offense to my comment Funky. I thought it was obvious who I was commenting on.

ShannonX
01-18-2003, 04:33 PM

actually, you are the one flaming. If you can't resist putting people down, then i'll take appropriate actions to make sure it wont happen anymore.

FuNkY mOnK
01-18-2003, 04:34 PM
There was nothing you said that made it seem like you wished you had PS2 ports. You said something about a rumor of FFX2. Nothing wrong with tht, we all pay attention to these rumors. But he is flat out saying he wants PS2 ports. (The Sims?) I apologize if you took offense to my comment Funky. I thought it was obvious who I was commenting on.
No offense takin just don't want people to think i jumped on the ps2 wagon :eek:

EHWfedPres
01-18-2003, 04:38 PM
Cool, the sims is coming to the Xbox, thats awesome. The PC version was fun as hell, like putting the people in a house full of wooden tables and fireplaces and setting ff fireworks. :D

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
actually, you are the one flaming. If you can't resist putting people down, then i'll take appropriate actions to make sure it wont happen anymore.

Thanx Shannon for giving your outside observation. I definitely didn't think there was anything wrong with my post.

Dark Enemy
01-18-2003, 05:55 PM
Is sims the game that lets u control the city or is it another game.

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by PublicEnemy2k3
Is sims the game that lets u control the city or is it another game.

Yeah. You usually start with a big piece of land. You name it whatever you want and you add stadiums, parks,etc... To get the population up and whatnot. Theres probably more to it in the recent builds. But thats how it was in the original Sims.

Dark Enemy
01-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Yeah. You usually start with a big piece of land. You name it whatever you want and you add stadiums, parks,etc... To get the population up and whatnot. Theres probably more to it in the recent builds. But thats how it was in the original Sims.

Thanx, does it have alot of replay value, and is it interactive where u can let anybody do what they want.

Frostberg
01-18-2003, 06:05 PM
All this because of the sims....sighhh...

If you like the sims so much, you should of bought it 4 years ago for the PC...system specs cant be too high for it...

Actually, with all the packs released for the sims over the years the whole up to date game prolly costs $300 at least...

I think the whole controller thing wouldnt be too good for a game like the sims anyway...too many options and it seems like you can move your mouse faster and with more precision. An analog stick just cant deliver this...plus I was never too crazy about isometric style strategy games over to ANY console...

But EA can make more money out of a classic franchise so why the hell not...

EHWfedPres
01-18-2003, 06:05 PM
Thanx, does it have alot of replay value, and is it interactive where u can let anybody do what they want.

Oh, tons of replay value. You could have fun killing off a family for a whole day, its great.

Dark Enemy
01-18-2003, 06:07 PM
Damn i gotta this ish then, it would be kool if it was on xbox live too.

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 06:11 PM
Damn i gotta this ish then, it would be kool if it was on xbox live too.

It's not the best selling PC game for nothing.

J Dub
01-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Wtf are you talking about? There are no XBox games? Im talking to the thread starter. First of all he is upset at the fact that ps2 games arent also being made for XBox. Soooooo sounds to me like he would enjoy ps2 more. I think YOU are the one that isn't reading. I wont stoop to your level and call you an ASS.

Why would he want more games on the Xbox if he prefers PS2 games? Obviously he prefers the Xbox if he wants them on the Xbox. :rolleyes:

Frostberg
01-18-2003, 07:13 PM
It's not the best selling PC game for nothing.

Actually, its about 5 of the top 10 best selling PC games...
:D

lol sorry AlBoogy...I clicked on edit instead of quote by mistake and added that to your message...

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 07:19 PM
Why would he want more games on the Xbox if he prefers PS2 games? Obviously he prefers the Xbox if he wants them on the Xbox. :rolleyes:

Come on J dub. If someone prefers the XBox why would they be ****ed that they aren't getting certain games or ANY games at all? If I was mad that my system wasn't getting all these games that he wants, I would feel like I made the wrong purchase. Because I think we can all agree that games make the system. XBox can have all the specs in the world but without the games its nothing. If a ps2 fan came in here stating that he was upset that ps2 isnt getting halo, Panzer Dragoon and Fable what would you tell him?

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg-XBA
Actually, its about 5 of the top 10 best selling PC games...
:D

lol sorry AlBoogy...I clicked on edit instead of quote by mistake and added that to your message...

HA, No problem. Don't let it ever happen again!

J Dub
01-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Come on J dub. If someone prefers the XBox why would they be ****ed that they aren't getting certain games or ANY games at all? If I was mad that my system wasn't getting all these games that he wants, I would feel like I made the wrong purchase. Because I think we can all agree that games make the system. XBox can have all the specs in the world but without the games its nothing. If a ps2 fan came in here stating that he was upset that ps2 isnt getting halo, Panzer Dragoon and Fable what would you tell him?

Don't you wish that the Xbox had the Metal Gear Solid series (at the same time the PS2 did) and the Grand Theft Auto series?

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 08:15 PM
Don't you wish that the Xbox had the Metal Gear Solid series (at the same time the PS2 did) and the Grand Theft Auto series?

Sure, but it doesn't **** me off like it does to him. It makes no difference to me. When I saw that I wasnt going to play GTA , SOCOM or Kingdom Hearts I simply bought a PS2 2 weeks ago. I went a long time without playing GTA and it made no difference because I knew what was coming to XBox and thats why I bought it first.

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Don't you wish that the Xbox had the Metal Gear Solid series (at the same time the PS2 did) and the Grand Theft Auto series? I admit tat it would have been nice but it really doesn't matter much. I rather have MGS2 Substance than MGS2 Sons of Liberty anyday. Also, I don't care for the GTA series. Now if Xbox had a Japanese RPG series, that would be great. However, 2001 is over and we need to move onto 2003 games. Thoose game won't mean as much when Xbox's great 2003 lineup is released.:)

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I admit tat it would have been nice but it really doesn't matter much. I rather have MGS2 Substance than MGS2 Sons of Liberty anyday. Also, I don't care for the GTA series. Now if Xbox had a Japanese RPG series, that would be great. However, 2001 is over and we need to move onto 2003 games. Thoose game won't mean as much when Xbox's great 2003 lineup is released.:)

2002 is over as well ;)

Hermes
01-18-2003, 09:45 PM
I am going to go ahead and call this. I hope I am wrong. I say that this game will never make it to Xbox seeing as how EA has proved time and time again that they are anti-Xbox. This will just be one more reason to boycott Electronic Arts.

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Hermes
I am going to go ahead and call this. I hope I am wrong. I say that this game will never make it to Xbox seeing as how EA has proved time and time again that they are anti-Xbox. This will just be one more reason to boycott Electronic Arts.

What game????? :confused:

GimliGod
01-18-2003, 09:49 PM
I just thought I would let you know, The Sims is NOT the game where you start off with a big piece of land and build "parks, stadiums, etc", that game is SimCity. The Sims is where you control a person or a family doing everyday tasks. Just wanted to let you know.

Fifth5reedom
01-18-2003, 10:03 PM
the sims is a bad, bad game

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Fifth5reedom
the sims is a bad, bad game

Not bad as in bad but bad is in good! Sorry, Run DMC flash back.

GimliGod
01-18-2003, 10:17 PM
The Sims is awesome! I've been addicted to the PC version for 4 years. I can only hope the add XBL support for D/L content. *Hopes EA will show some XB love*

Cesar902
01-19-2003, 12:17 AM
Xbox live support for the Sims on Xbox is something that is unlikely:(

Hermes
01-19-2003, 01:21 AM
What game????? :confused:
Sims. What the hell else could I have meant? Halo 2?

The.Prophet
01-19-2003, 01:30 AM

HOLY MOLY MACARONI!!!!!!!
I never said 'I Love The Games For PS2'
OR 'I Wish They Had The Sames Games For Xbox As PS2'
OR 'Why Aren't The Same Games As PS2 Available For Xbox'
all I said was "why aren't the company's that are making games for PS2 also making games for Xbox??"
Geeze, some of you need to look back at the original post. My original question is getting turned into something that it isn't...

Richie

AlBoogy
01-19-2003, 02:01 AM
Whats the difference between this statement,'Why Aren't The Same Games As PS2 Available For Xbox'
and this one, "why aren't the company's that are making games for PS2 also making games for Xbox??"

Seems to me like they are pretty close. I'll take your original complaint: The Sims. Doesnt EA make the sims? Last time I checked EA does make games for the XBox. If you think Im flaming you, Im not. You should have just put other examples then The Sims. Perhaps mention Square or Enix then I wouldn't have said anything to begin with.

FuNkY mOnK
01-19-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by The.Prophet
HOLY MOLY MACARONI!!!!!!!
I never said 'I Love The Games For PS2'
OR 'I Wish They Had The Sames Games For Xbox As PS2'
OR 'Why Aren't The Same Games As PS2 Available For Xbox'
all I said was "why aren't the company's that are making games for PS2 also making games for Xbox??"
Geeze, some of you need to look back at the original post. My original question is getting turned into something that it isn't...

Richie
I told you that this is a political issue. very complex and touch-ie, i would even go as far as top secret. only time will tell. sit back and enjoy the 2003 lineup for xbox and many more to follow.