PDA

View Full Version : A new DVD remote.

Professor Kaos
01-18-2003, 02:34 AM
I found this at gamestop.com

The XBOX Universal DVD Remote is the best way to control the powerful DVD features of the Xbox game console. Navigate through menus, special DVD add-on footage, director's cuts, theatrical trailers - all from the comfort of you couch. Designed with industry standard Infrared technology, the DVD remote allows seamless, wireless control of your Xbox and television.
* DVD Movie Playback - unlocks the Xbox to enable playback of DVD movies
* Universal Centralized Device Control - Eliminate other remotes and
consolidate into this one single universal remote
* Learning Feature - Simple and customized programming of other remotes
eliminates the need for codes
* Comfortable Ergonomic Design - Narrow design that fits perfectly in
the palm for one-handed operation
* Glow-In-The-Dark Keys - Easily see buttons in total darkness
* Batteries Included

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/801573b.jpg

maneatingcow
01-18-2003, 02:36 AM
Thats kinda cool, but with most universal remotes, you have to wonder exactly what it's compatable with.

Sucks when you buy one and your TV is one of the few it doesn't support :(

waffle.

Professor Kaos
01-18-2003, 02:37 AM
Yeah, but sometimes you get lucky and dont have to use 4 different remotes like me (xbox,tv,vcr,surround sound) :confused:

maneatingcow
01-18-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Playya
Yeah, but sometimes you get lucky and dont have to use 4 different remotes like me (xbox,tv,vcr,surround sound) :confused:

Or loose one.. then never turn your TV off..... like me :D

waffle.

Professor Kaos
01-18-2003, 02:48 AM
You can always just unplug the tv.

maneatingcow
01-18-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Playya
You can always just unplug the tv.

Takes a bit more effort than I am willing to show.

waffle.

Professor Kaos
01-18-2003, 02:53 AM
Thats why most cows dont have T.V's

DOOM
01-18-2003, 07:34 AM
But Can It Turn Your XBOX On & Off?

No Fear 23
01-18-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by DOOM

lol, that would be cool

Kraft
01-18-2003, 09:23 AM
I wish MS would have made it so you could program your xbox remote into a cool universal remote, like those big lcd ones...

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 10:48 AM

That was going to be my question. If it doesnt then it doesnt warrant a purchase.

Hermes
01-18-2003, 11:52 AM

It seems to me that allowing the remote to turn the Xbox on and off wouldn't have been a good idea anyway. Since the remote receiver plugs into a controller slot, allowing it to turn the Xbox power on and off would have meant that possibly by accident a controller command could have been interpretted as "shut the Xbox off." I know that would have been a miniscule possibility but Damn I would have been ****ed if it happened to me.

Software2
01-18-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by maneatingcow-XBA
Thats kinda cool, but with most universal remotes, you have to wonder exactly what it's compatable with.

Sucks when you buy one and your TV is one of the few it doesn't support :(

waffle.

Or, you could get a true universal remote where you have to program in each button individually (But you need an existing remote to do it)

That's what I do for my XBox and TV.

frog11983
01-18-2003, 05:50 PM
yeah really, i wish the xbox could be turned off with a remote, it really ****es me off that i have to get up to turn it off, sometimes i just leave it on all night..... damn i'm lazy

Cesar902
01-19-2003, 12:29 AM
nice, but it doesn't have the on and off button:(

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 09:14 AM
That seems like an interesting idea. If I use my Xbox as a DVD palyer, I'll have four DVD players in my room. But, I think I'll leave my Xbox as a game system. A Universal Remote does seem tight.;)

thunder
01-19-2003, 11:24 AM

speaking of lazyiness would use find a system that could hopld several games at once with the option of allowing you to choice one each time you turned it on a good feature or a bad feature and if good do you think it will ever happen

Frostberg
01-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
I wish MS would have made it so you could program your xbox remote into a cool universal remote, like those big lcd ones...

Some of the upper end ones have an option to "copy" the remote so all you have to do is like hit something and it copies all the button setups and options onto the lcd thing so its like using the remote you know so you dont have to figure out where the buttons could of been moved. I dont understand it fully, but it sounds neat...but I'm not willing to pay $100-$200 for a remote...

thallium
01-21-2003, 12:31 PM
can the xbox play the DVD rom features on some DVD's.

noelmaxwell
06-07-2006, 05:25 PM
I have a remote alike this one but I do not have the instructions for it. Could you send me a copy of your instruction manual?
Noel

Professor Kaos
06-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Holy old post batman!! This was brought back and i started it so i figured i can post again :cheers: I dont have this remote just came across it one day.....3 YEARS AGO lol

Infraredragon
06-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Welcome to the site anyway, noelmaxwell!

ll Mista GT ll
06-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Wow :rofl: BTTP