PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite weapon in halo? and why????

HAROLD
01-18-2003, 07:11 AM
my favorite weapon is the needle and the shotgun and now what is your and why? :cool:

wbio
01-18-2003, 07:53 AM
My favorites are the sniper and shotgun. I have really started to like sniping, I used to just drive around in vehicles and run people over and shoot them. I still do that sometimes though;)

Insane Jester
01-18-2003, 08:01 AM
shotgun and the assault rifle .. i also like the plasma grenades aswell .. there sweet ..

No Fear 23
01-18-2003, 08:35 AM
this thread has been made alot of time.

neway, i like the pistol and shotgun

or plasma rifle -melee attack combo. the plasma rifle takes down the sheild and i will go up and melee attack them.

EHWfedPres
01-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Shotgun and Sniper Rifle...and Rocket Launcher

thunder
01-18-2003, 02:17 PM
pistol is dominate in multiplayer but in single player you can't go past a shot gun

HAROLD
01-18-2003, 08:21 PM
one combo that i usually use vs the elites is i atack with my plasma pistol to take their shield off and then i use my assault rifle to kill them or the shotgun or the mellee atack

HAROLD
01-18-2003, 08:22 PM
but the assault rifle is perfect to kill those little green things and to kill the big green guys.and i like to kill the bomb man (green bomb) with the shotgun and then use the assault rifle to kill the little green things that come out of him is a very good strategy :cool:

HAROLD
01-18-2003, 08:34 PM
this section tells when the weapons are effective,for example I'll tell you if lets the sniper rifle is good at close range or a distance.

Rocket Launcher:close but not so close
Shotgun:close range
Marine Pistol:any time
Plasma Pistol:close or medium range
Plasma Rifle:close or medium range
Assault Rifle:anytime but not real far away
Needler:anytime but don't get to close because they explode
Grenades:medium range only throw them close when you're about to die
Sniper Rifle:far but it is useless against the ****spoiler**** Flood

Reclaimer
01-19-2003, 12:02 AM
The shotgun.
I play mostly close quarter combat, so the shotgun is essential for room clearing and breach and entry tactics.

The plasma rifle.
Slower rate of fire, but much more accurate over longer distances that the human assault rifle. If the shotgun is my primary weapon, I need the P-rifle for larger rooms, and if getting close to an enemy is not an option.

The plasma grenade.
What is not perfect about it? Essential for anti-vehicle / armor enemy operations. Pefect for flash bang distraction devices. Just toss one into a room and wait. Go in right after the explosion and waste the still standing.

HALO-KING
01-19-2003, 08:50 PM
the best weapon in halo is definetly is the Shotgun because it is very powerful and it is not that slow for a big gun.

OppiumNitrates
01-20-2003, 02:48 PM
Pistol cauz I can kill you with 3 precise shots. . . .

Sniper cauz I can Kill you with 1 precise shot. . . .

Rockets r only good as an anti vehicle wep, they r good for shooting people too but when i use it I feel like I cheat myself out of a kill cauz its just to easy and cheap, but fun.

and the shotgun is deffinatly not best wepon, all around the pistol is

Ford Mustang
01-20-2003, 08:50 PM
For me, someone who is a sniper, I would say that the best combo is the Sniper Rifle and Shotgun (with both grenades of course). The Shotgun is obviously for close range, and is effective for defending yourself when you get jumped because you can get a one - shot kill with a full load to the upper body and the enemy wont have enough time to kill you or aim properly if you're quick....Grenades are an essential part of anyone's offensive strategy. They can be used for scare tacticts (i.e., throw one in a room, team mate waits at either door for fleeing enemies), flashbang type devices (as was said earlier), or for just clearing rooms or destroying vehicles....Someone who is good with the Sniper Rifle and is a good Sniper can be almost unstoppable...You shoot, change positions, shoot, change postition, and so on....Not campers that just wait and look at your screen and get ready for you....The only thing that is really effective against snipers is snipers, or a well placed from-out-of-nowhere rocket or plasma.....But anyway, now that I have rambled on for ever.....

EHWfedPres
01-20-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang
For me, someone who is a sniper, I would say that the best combo is the Sniper Rifle and Shotgun (with both grenades of course). The Shotgun is obviously for close range, and is effective for defending yourself when you get jumped because you can get a one - shot kill with a full load to the upper body and the enemy wont have enough time to kill you or aim properly if you're quick....Grenades are an essential part of anyone's offensive strategy. They can be used for scare tacticts (i.e., throw one in a room, team mate waits at either door for fleeing enemies), flashbang type devices (as was said earlier), or for just clearing rooms or destroying vehicles....Someone who is good with the Sniper Rifle and is a good Sniper can be almost unstoppable...You shoot, change positions, shoot, change postition, and so on....Not campers that just wait and look at your screen and get ready for you....The only thing that is really effective against snipers is snipers, or a well placed from-out-of-nowhere rocket or plasma.....But anyway, now that I have rambled on for ever.....

Sounds like you are like me in Halo...Shotgun and Sniper Rifle are always with me...mainly because I usually play on Sidewinder with all vehicles with freinds...I hop in a ghost and head out as far away from the bases as possible, and snipe people from across the map...sometimes I hide by a tree and snipe them when they are running out of their base...sometimes I get them while im defending the base...(cause we always play ctf) Sometimes I use the rocket launcher incase someone is waiting in the base with a ghost...I usually get the most kills, if not the most, second most...and I mostly always get at least one flag capture even tho im better on defence. If one half-decent person is backing me up, nobody can get our flag. I have cleared out the entire enemy team before by myself, wasnt easy, but I did it...and needed health afterwards. :D

pickle
01-21-2003, 01:59 PM
I mainly like the sniper rifle and shotguns because they are long and hard.

xboxgamer142
01-22-2003, 03:34 AM
I chose the Pistol, Assault Rifle, and the Shotgun.

The Pistol is effective and comes in handy.
The Assault Rifle is a useful gun and pretty good.
The Shotgun (my favorite out of all three) is very powerful and overall an awesome weapon.

HAROLD
01-23-2003, 09:47 AM
the best three weapons are the needler and the shotgun and the snipe

HALO2
06-06-2003, 02:34 PM
my fav. we0p0n is the pist0l, because it kills any m0nster with 3 shots

:argue1: :cuss:

Xtopia
06-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Anyone who is good at Halo agrees with me that the pistol is OVERALL the best weapon.

I'm not saying that is all I use, but the pistol is very balanced. A pistol can easily take down a sniper, and it is perfect for medium to long range combat, yet it still works in close. However, obviously, I prefer the shotgun in close combat. Basicilly. I have to kits I carry:

Pistol and sniper. This kit is incredibly deadly.

Pistol and Shotgun. This kit is the perfect balance between close range and med to long range. This is my kit of choice esp in CTF games.

sabca
06-07-2003, 08:27 PM
I forgot to tick the grenade. Their "usefulness" (is that a word) is amazing. Anyway, the weapon I use the most is the shotgun, for sure. Then it's usually the pistol, sniper rifle or rocket launcher as an alternate.

thrAsher
06-07-2003, 11:03 PM
the plasma rifle is good in any situation. it's my #1 weapon. shotgun is #2.

and the needler is just fun to shoot. the vibration for each weapon fits perfectly.

ah, we know this already. and how old is Halo?

:(