PDA

View Full Version : Panzer Dragoon Orta, am I missing something?

Highlite23
01-18-2003, 09:09 AM
This game, for starters, is amazing. If you never had the opportunity to play the prior versions, at minimum, give this a nice long weekend rental.

Anyway, my question........Am i missing something on how to save games??

It seems that you can't save multiple sessions, example.......

I play on normal mode and get to Episode 6, now my son wants to play and his options are to start from my save point, Normal on Episode 6, or start a new game. Obviouslly, he starts a new game. He gets to Episode 2 on easy mode. Now in order to save his progress he will overwrite my save.

Whats up with that??:confused:

thatroger
01-18-2003, 11:22 PM
We're all too addicted to the Live games highlite :D Hopefully you can get Live soon too. I will rent it once I'm done Splinter Cell and got over my live fix and my exams.....so not for a while.

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 11:33 PM
You can only save one mode at a time. Just abour any 3-D Shooter that you fly around and not very long doesn't let you save several modes. Star Fox 64 had no saving at all. Panzer Dragoon II Zwei and Sky Gunner could only save one mode. You had to quit the level and save. You could only continue from the stage you saved on. They do that in 3-D Shooters because they're meant to be played through all at once. When you save, your considered to be pausing the game and returning at another time.

I will say that PD Orta is a work of art.:)

AldoChubNutz
02-01-2003, 10:08 PM
PD ORTA Is definately a work of art !! A true classic!! ;)

spartus
02-02-2003, 06:56 PM
I didn't like it at first either that I could save more than one game at a time either. I don't care anymore though. I have beaten three times now. PDO is a great game.