PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Club II, Rockstar, and the XBOX

Highlite23
01-18-2003, 11:13 AM
I was just reading an article (Feb. GI) on Midnight Club II, I was a big fan of Tokyo Extreme on the DC. As i skimmed throught the article I noticed that MC2 was also going to be released on XBOX in the spring.

The Interesting thing to me was that the PS2 version slated to come out this month is "Broadband Only" and supported a keyboard for chating.

The XBOX version is going to be XBL enabled and communicator enabled, and obviouslly Broadband enabled.

I don't know about you but are things like this making the XBOX, maybe the better choice?? What happens if Rockstar decides to add a "Downloadable" level in the future.......hmmm.

So, yes, Sony gets it 1st...but am I the only one who see's the humor in this, is Rockstar maybe supporting the XBOX more than it is letting on??

Just a thought.;)

xboxman_1
01-18-2003, 11:48 AM
I don't think so, because if its online for xbox it has to be headset enabled. Its not lke Rockstar is being nice by throwing in the headset part.

Highlite23
01-18-2003, 03:34 PM
You missed my point completly.

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 04:00 PM
I understand what youre saying but I dont think anyone will truly be happy until they see GTA on XBox like it was originally announced. I mean, they supported DC with GTA2 for gods sake. So you know Rockstar has always supported all consoles. Sony is just smart and bottled up that franchise for a while

Stifler
01-18-2003, 04:19 PM
I knew that MCII was coming to the Xbox but I didn't know that it was going to be online enabled.

But of course MS is getting the better end of the deal. While the game will be online for both consoles, by far the Xbox is getting the better deal with the downloadable content. Yes, it clearly seems that Rockstar looks to be providing more for the Xbox if you look at it.

Just imagine GTA on the Xbox with downloadable content :p

EHWfedPres
01-18-2003, 04:39 PM
Midnight Club 1 was an ok game...but if there was no nos in it, it would have sucked completely.

FuNkY mOnK
01-18-2003, 04:57 PM
No one i know or heard on this forum owns or uses a ps2 keyboard, but yet Rockstar gives the xbox voice chat and ps2 keyboard chat. How the hell are you to type and drive at 200 mph? I think Rockstar favors the xbox on this one. I guess MS set the standard again with Broadband only gaming on consoles, next the hardrive.

LTM360
01-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Stifler
I knew that MCII was coming to the Xbox but I didn't know that it was going to be online enabled.

Neither did I! Thats great news. Now I'll probably get it, was going to in the first place. Downloadable content would be awsome, but the PS2 fanboys would attempt to ensure that their version is better. =รพ

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Midnight Club 1 was an ok game...but if there was no nos in it, it would have sucked completely. I could agree, I played the game and wasn't too impressed. I prefered Smugglers Run.

Dark Enemy
01-18-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
I was just reading an article (Feb. GI) on Midnight Club II, I was a big fan of Tokyo Extreme on the DC. As i skimmed throught the article I noticed that MC2 was also going to be released on XBOX in the spring.

The Interesting thing to me was that the PS2 version slated to come out this month is "Broadband Only" and supported a keyboard for chating.

The XBOX version is going to be XBL enabled and communicator enabled, and obviouslly Broadband enabled.

I don't know about you but are things like this making the XBOX, maybe the better choice?? What happens if Rockstar decides to add a "Downloadable" level in the future.......hmmm.

So, yes, Sony gets it 1st...but am I the only one who see's the humor in this, is Rockstar maybe supporting the XBOX more than it is letting on??

Just a thought.;)

I agree if it comes after the ps2 version and its better it will be awesome, i never played the first one so hows this one.

Cesar902
01-19-2003, 12:35 AM
This is great Rockstar supporting Xbox Live!

GimliGod
01-19-2003, 08:28 AM
Eh, I dunno bout MC 2, MC wasn't all that fun to me. It's cool that such a renowned company is showing some love for Xbox and XBL though.