PDA

View Full Version : It's the Air Force Delta Storm Thread Again.

FuNkY mOnK
01-18-2003, 03:49 PM
I brought this up a while ago about AFDS being sold as high as 160.00 on ebay. well just to let people who still own this that konami did send me a letter stating that it will no longer be produced and to buy it used or on ebay. well, now i'm reading in magazines that EB stores has this listed for 25.00 if you trade it in. and i'm sure that EB will ask much more when they get there hands on it. hold on to that baby, as now i will ask Konami how many went into production. i'll bring you the latest.

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Well, I traded in my Nightcaster for Air Force Delta Strom last year for $9. I'm glad I did do that because I really liike Air Force Delta Storm. It's my 20th favorite Xbox game I've played. I'm trying to find Air Force Delta for Dreamcast.

My EB has a used Air Force Delta for $55.

ShannonX
01-18-2003, 05:06 PM
no used game is worth that much, no matter how rare it is... Its just a round plastic disc.. that cost less than $1 to stamp. Its only valuable if you are a collector, which i'm not. Oh well.

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
no used game is worth that much, no matter how rare it is... Its just a round plastic disc.. that cost less than $1 to stamp. Its only valuable if you are a collector, which i'm not. Oh well. I bought a used Burning Rangers for Sega Saturn for $65. I was about ready to buy a used Panzer Dragoon Saga for $120. As long as the game is really rare, I'll pay the cash. Luckily, I bought several rare games cheaply.;)

FuNkY mOnK
01-18-2003, 05:17 PM
no used game is worth that much, no matter how rare it is... Its just a round plastic disc.. that cost less than $1 to stamp. Its only valuable if you are a collector, which i'm not. Oh well.
The game is actually pretty good, at least Burning Ranger and myself think so. i collect games of all kinds and having rare games in my collection just makes it more interesting. a Friend of mine at work just sold his ps1 dragon bz game for 250.00 only ten thousand were made, objects of this rarity only go up in price. i'll never sell my copy.

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
The game is actually pretty good, at least Burning Ranger and myself think so. i collect games of all kinds and having rare games in my collection just makes it more interesting. a Friend of mine at work just sold his ps1 dragon bz game for 250.00 only ten thousand were made, objects of this rarity only go up in price. i'll never sell my copy. I can understand completely. I remember myself paying $40-$50 for a used Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV, VI, Lufia II, etc. and several Sega Saturn games. It was well worth it. Owning rare games gives me a good feeling inside.:)

Snoopy7548
01-19-2003, 02:18 PM
i found it brand new at buy.com for 50 bucks. but its back ordered. http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?loc=&sku=50010801&PageFormat=4#product

FuNkY mOnK
01-19-2003, 04:25 PM
I can't see this possible when Konami sent me an email stating that it's no longer in production. whats funny is that they have a release date as of 1/18/03, could this be a second run? i dont know because Konami says no more. but anyway it still sells for top dollar if you get it post a thread. i will post the next email from Konami.

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 08:22 PM
I can't see this possible when Konami sent me an email stating that it's no longer in production. whats funny is that they have a release date as of 1/18/03, could this be a second run? i dont know because Konami says no more. but anyway it still sells for top dollar if you get it post a thread. i will post the next email from Konami. I remember Konami re-printed copies of Air Force Delta in January last year but then they sold out. I'll have to see if their reprinting the game again because my friend wants a copy. The problem is my friend refuses to spend over $30 on a videogame. Buys Cheap games and complains there no good.:rolleyes:

Reclaimer
01-19-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm lucky I snaked my copy for 19 bucks at a pawn shop. I absolutely love the game. If I ever stumble across another dirt cheap copy, I'd sell it. But my only copy is a keeper.

RadRider
01-19-2003, 08:54 PM
I traded Dave Mirra 2 for AF:DS. I tried to trade the game away on the boards here, but nobody wanted it (for good reason), I finally found a poor sap in the US who was willing to trade the Sega bundle for it. I hope he has better luck selling this "rare gem" of a game than I did. Just because a game is rare definitely doesn't mean it's worthwhile. For those of you that like it - all the power to you.

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 08:57 PM
I thought Air Force Delta was an excellent game. The problem I have is that it seems the sequel is going to Playstation 2. Thanks for not supporting Konami everyone.:mad:

GokuX
01-19-2003, 10:41 PM
I think it's pure madness, but that's just me. If yall's are gonna make mad cash money off of it then that's cool. I wish ya the best of luck.

OUberLord
01-20-2003, 12:20 AM
I have it and I like it, but I wont sell it unless I get a really good offer :P

Kraft
01-20-2003, 02:15 AM

Good point shannon... but then again, all of your money in actuality is just a bunch of raggity paper with ink on it... worthless in and of itself. Since it's worthless you can send it to me though; I'm a collector :D

Reclaimer
01-20-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I thought Air Force Delta was an excellent game. The problem I have is that it seems the sequel is going to Playstation 2. Thanks for not supporting Konami everyone.:mad:

I'm not sure how me not supporting Konami, or even how I'm supposed to support Konami, contributed to the sequel to AFDS going to PS2. I did my part and bought the game.

FuNkY mOnK
01-20-2003, 07:00 AM
The only complaint i have about this game is that you cant actually land, take off or have a 360 degree view. other than that it's all here. but anyway to whom it may concern i will be posting the final word from Konami on the rarity of this game. EB seems anxious to get this game.

FuNkY mOnK
01-20-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
I'm not sure how me not supporting Konami, or even how I'm supposed to support Konami, contributed to the sequel to AFDS going to PS2. I did my part and bought the game.
You did your part by purchasing an xbox the more people who buy xbox the more developers get attracted to the system, and also buying the games help.

ShannonX
01-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Good point shannon... but then again, all of your money in actuality is just a bunch of raggity paper with ink on it... worthless in and of itself. Since it's worthless you can send it to me though; I'm a collector :D

i dont collect my money, i spend it all. Therefore, sorry, cant help ya out there.

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 11:08 AM
The only complaint i have about this game is that you cant actually land, take off or have a 360 degree view. other than that it's all here. but anyway to whom it may concern i will be posting the final word from Konami on the rarity of this game. EB seems anxious to get this game. How many flight game do you land in. I don't think I've played a flight game in a while where you have to land.

And about my money, I usually save it and don't spend it. I like to flash it around public.:)

FuNkY mOnK
01-20-2003, 03:27 PM
Heres the first email from Konami, i'm waiting for the second on how many AFDS were produced.

Dear Konami Customer,

We are writing in response to your letter about Air Force Delta Storm. No more copies of AFDS are currently being produced. There are no official plans to create a new version of the game. We suggest looking for this product at online auctions and used game stores, such as:

www.amazon.com

www.ebay.com

www.half.com

www.ebgames.com