PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Sea or Panzer Dragoon Orta

shrew king
01-18-2003, 05:52 PM
I have enough money to get one of these games, I haven't tried Crimson Sea, but I got a good price for it from someone and I think it looks like a great game. On the other hand, so does Panzer Dragoon Orta, any suggestions on which to buy, what they are each like, and any other info on each of them?

If you have played both give some input on what you think.

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 06:26 PM
I wish I could give you input but I havent played BOTH. Just one of them. There was a thread on teamxbox a few days ago saying the same thing. Some guy said he bought both and he said he was returning crimson sea. He gave a few reasons. I was looking for the thread but I coulnt find it. Sorry. Hope that helps a little bit.

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 06:46 PM
I know that XBA member, Unreal, has both games. I had the same decision to but I went with PD Orta. However, I'm looking at buying Crimson Sea or DOA XVB with my $10 giftcard. I'd say that PD Orta is a very good game and I recommend it. It's just that the saving system might get some people upset. I plan on getting Crimson Sea. Sorry I can't help but I know Unreal would have an idea.

shrew king
01-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Well I went with Crimson Sea, I doubt I will keep it, but it is a decent game. I have 14 days to return it so I'll enjoy it while I have it. If you guys have questions about it I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge. I think I am going to get Panzer when I do return it, that is if I don't decide its a keeper.

Fifth5reedom
01-18-2003, 09:38 PM
I really want PDO and DOAXBV but I cant decide. When is DOAXBV coming out?

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
Well I went with Crimson Sea, I doubt I will keep it, but it is a decent game. I have 14 days to return it so I'll enjoy it while I have it. If you guys have questions about it I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge. I think I am going to get Panzer when I do return it, that is if I don't decide its a keeper. How is Crimson Sea like? I do know the game gets better the longer you play it. I'm thinking about buying that next. I've heard Crimson Sea is a mixture of Gun Valktrie and Dynasty Warriors.

GimliGod
01-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Panzer Dragoon Orta, definitely.

shrew king
01-18-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
How is Crimson Sea like? I do know the game gets better the longer you play it. I'm thinking about buying that next. I've heard Crimson Sea is a mixture of Gun Valktrie and Dynasty Warriors.

When I bought it the guy said it was similiar to Gun Valkyrie, so you would probably really like it. The camera angles in the game get pretty horrible in buildings, but when your outside it works pretty good. The graphics are good, but not great. I am not that far into the game, but if I beat it within the 14 days I can just take it back. You'd probably like it after hearing some of your favorite games. It has an anime look to it.

Stifler
01-18-2003, 09:59 PM
How is Crimson Sea like? I do know the game gets better the longer you play it. I'm thinking about buying that next. I've heard Crimson Sea is a mixture of Gun Valktrie and Dynasty Warriors.

Many people aren't liking it alot and many are puting the game up for trade. I tried it, but I didn't like it at all.

aircobra
01-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Stifler
Many people aren't liking it alot and many are puting the game up for trade. I tried it, but I didn't like it at all.

its ok. i have 2 copies so i am going to get rid of one:D

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 11:25 PM
When I bought it the guy said it was similiar to Gun Valkyrie, so you would probably really like it. The camera angles in the game get pretty horrible in buildings, but when your outside it works pretty good. The graphics are good, but not great. I am not that far into the game, but if I beat it within the 14 days I can just take it back. You'd probably like it after hearing some of your favorite games. It has an anime look to it. I probably would really like the game because of the kind of person I am. No camera angle is bad for me. I had no problems with the camera in GV, Pac-Man World, Blinx, etc. Graphics are not the most important to me and I love the anime look. I also like to upgrade weapons a lot and finding keycards. Gun Valkyrie is my 3rd favorite Xbox game so I'll probably like it. I'm just going ahead and buying it next as long as the date isn't March 15.

Stifler, you might not know this but I seem to like games not may people will like. I loved every non-sport Sega game a lot, Blinx, Kakuto Chojin, Smashing Drive, Gun Metal, Azurik, etc. so I should like Crimson Sea. I just hope I get the money because I could easily spend $3000 on videogames right now.

shrew king
01-19-2003, 12:02 AM
I probably would really like the game because of the kind of person I am. No camera angle is bad for me. I had no problems with the camera in GV, Pac-Man World, Blinx, etc. Graphics are not the most important to me and I love the anime look. I also like to upgrade weapons a lot and finding keycards. Gun Valkyrie is my 3rd favorite Xbox game so I'll probably like it. I'm just going ahead and buying it next as long as the date isn't March 15.

Stifler, you might not know this but I seem to like games not may people will like. I loved every non-sport Sega game a lot, Blinx, Kakuto Chojin, Smashing Drive, Gun Metal, Azurik, etc. so I should like Crimson Sea. I just hope I get the money because I could easily spend $3000 on videogames right now.

Well this is the game for you then. I think you will really like it.

Azazel
01-19-2003, 02:48 AM
Panzer Dragoon Orta is a great rental, but I would have been upset paying $50 for it!

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Azazel
Panzer Dragoon Orta is a great rental, but I would have been upset paying $50 for it! I'd say that if you were a fan of the original, paying $50 would not be a bad idea.;)

Unreal
01-19-2003, 01:11 PM
If you have played both give some input on what you think.
If you had the money I would have said get both as both games are extremely addictive and fun. But, since you only have money for I one, I would go with Panzer Dragoon Orta. As far as I can tell the replay in Orta is through the roof and for the money you cant go wrong. It doesnt hurt that Orta is one of the prettiest Xbox games to come out in a long time either. I have both so I guess Im lucky ;) :D

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Unreal
If you had the money I would have said get both as both games are extremely addictive and fun. But, since you only have money for I one, I would go with Panzer Dragoon Orta. As far as I can tell the replay in Orta is through the roof and for the money you cant go wrong. It doesnt hurt that Orta is one of the prettiest Xbox games to come out in a long time either. I have both so I guess Im lucky ;) :D I plan on owning both too. But, I have to decide whether to get Crimson Sea or Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball next.:confused: I'll be able to get either game for $40U.S. because of my $10 giftcard I got from PD Orta.

I'll agree, PD Orta's replay is through the roof and it looks fantastic. Sega's best work on Xbox.;)