PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think is a better Publisher EA or Ubi Soft?

Stormlord
01-18-2003, 06:32 PM
I sincerely believe Ubi Soft is better. They got better games (IMO) and don't give lowsy ports. They've brought XBox Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell. Plus a handlful of others including Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. :cool:

EHWfedPres
01-18-2003, 06:34 PM
UbiSoft because of Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell...and Deathrow.:)

Stormlord
01-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Exactly. If I knew how to make a poll I would. :D :) :cool: :D :)

Fifth5reedom
01-18-2003, 06:38 PM
Ubi soft fo' sho. I mean they brought us splinter cell, gr, and my faviorte Deathrow. They are de bomb, naw mean.

Knight
01-18-2003, 06:40 PM
Ubi Soft, EA just pain sucks monkey balls.

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 06:45 PM
*STAMPEDE* runs from the EA haters

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 06:48 PM
This is one of the easiest questions I've ever been asked. It's Ubi Soft by a billion miles. I really like Ubi Soft. I own several of their games and Rayman is one of my favorite mascots. ;) I still don't have a Ubi Soft game on Xbox but I'll get one. They are my favorite non Japanese publisher other than Working Designs.

LTM360
01-18-2003, 07:08 PM
Well IMO this thread was made, knowing every smart human would pick Ubi Soft since the EA cancelation of Battlefield 1942. I truly honestly belive that UBI Soft is better, but we all know who everyone would pick only cause 99% of smart Xbox owners hate EA now.

hiter101
01-18-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
I sincerely believe Ubi Soft is better. They got better games (IMO) and don't give lowsy ports. They've brought XBox Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell. Plus a handlful of others including Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. :cool:

dude are u high???

wat type of question is that EA is the WORST publisher in the world all they care about is money and nothing else they dont care about the gameplay, graphics, anything like that all they want is some green.

:)

AlBoogy
01-18-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
Well IMO this thread was made, knowing every smart human would pick Ubi Soft since the EA cancelation of Battlefield 1942. I truly honestly belive that UBI Soft is better, but we all know who everyone would pick only cause 99% of smart Xbox owners hate EA now.

I guess im dumb :( NCAA Football forever! (at least till sega makes a good one, then I will be apart of the "smart" people)

MerimacHamwich
01-18-2003, 07:41 PM
Ubi Soft by far. How can you even compare the two?

Snoopy7548
01-18-2003, 08:04 PM
ubi i think. they both have published good games. but EA sucks cause they cancelled like too many awesome games. like thrill kill for the ps1 and bf1942

Xbox Owner
01-18-2003, 08:14 PM
lol.. have u been living under a rock? no one even likes EA..

*waits for casper to come and shoot stormlord*

;)

CrazyCougar
01-18-2003, 09:11 PM
I gotta agree with AlBoogy. There is no college football game that can compare to EA's. I like Tiger Woods and Ty The Tasmanian Tiger too. If the title is good I'll buy it. I dont care if its EA or not. As for Ubisoft, I really havent played much of their stuff. And I am not a real big FPS person so Ubisoft doesnt rate as high as EA on my list.

GimliGod
01-18-2003, 10:09 PM
EA. I dont care if I get flamed. I only say EA because I love Madden, and have for the past 9 years. Oh and the Two Towers game was cool. And The Sims, which I'm still addicted to after 3 years.

CrazyCougar
01-18-2003, 10:30 PM
There's no reason to flame anyone that likes EA. I have stated several times I like EA. Who cares! If you dont like EA then dont buy the games, if you do then just play the games. Simple as that. It sure aint hurting EA with everyone talking boycott, those boycotters are just going to miss out on some good games. My own opinion of course.:p

Shadow20002
01-18-2003, 10:59 PM
It's hard to say which one is better than the other. When looking back in some years, i was playing Clive's Barker Undying, a game made or publish by EA, i can tell you that i have a great time with it (a one freaking and creepy FPS game). As for Ubisoft, I'm stick with Splinter Cell now. Now, that EA has no release some new good games, i will go with Ubisoft. :p

Cesar902
01-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Ubisoft is Trillion times better than EA, with titles like Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Deathrow and rayman.

I don't like EA, NBA 2k3 and NFL 2k3 are the best sport titles there are.

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 12:10 AM
I should also thank Ubi Soft because their publishing Murakumo for the U.S. and they might publish Otogi all because Agetec hasn't signed on to Xbox. Ubi Soft also did a great job translating Grandia II and EA is awful at translating. I just hope Ubi Soft considers bringing Galaxy Angel to the U.S. because the anime looks fantastic.:D

Reclaimer
01-19-2003, 12:15 AM
This goes without saying.

Ubi Soft

They brought us the Rainbow Six series, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Death Row........

What has EA brought us?

James Bond 007, Agent Under Fire.
Come on now.... Really, I'm sure EA has better games out there, but they pale in comparison to the contributions that Ubi Soft makes.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-19-2003, 05:27 AM
EA get my vote.....madden rules, SSX tricky, Lotr: two tower....and 007: nightfire........and a few others.....just keep them coming EA.......I don't care if you ever support Xbox live....there are more than enough game companies that do!!!! You (EA) will always be on of the top dogs in my book..(Murakumo sucks big time!!! The game design and setup are horrible.....just can't tell some people....i guess they like their games with flashly graphics and little gameplay..i guess the japanese are right about that!!)

Insane Jester
01-19-2003, 06:15 AM
i think both publisher's have something differnt to offer. in there own right there both good .

Stormlord
01-19-2003, 07:49 AM
I'm not going to flame anyone. I just made this thread to see who actually likes EA. Apparently EA still has some followers. Ever since PSX I've lost interest in EA games, although some have recently appealed to me. But right now I'm in a financial bind so I must wait for some to show up at the used rack at EA or Gamestop. There's nothing wrong for liking EA and if you get flamed then that person needs to buy a self-help book.

GimliGod
01-19-2003, 08:24 AM
OoO Evil_Dr_Beefy, you reminded me of some I forgot. ALL of the EA Big games are great. SSX, Tricky, Freakstyle, SledStorm, and of course, NBA Street.

ARONO129
01-19-2003, 09:39 AM
I used to love EA's hockey but they must think the target consumer for that game is between 5-9 years old. I won't go into detail on how they screwed up their NHL series.

EA is inconsistent they can make great games like Nascar Thunder and FIFA and destroy hockey and basketball (Live 2002).

Ubi Soft gets my vote. EA is LAZY and they promise features that aren't in the game.

Casper
01-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Now, question, is this just for the Xbox...for the PC...for the PS2...or overall?

If I'm going to sound like a Xbox fanboy, I'm going to say that EA sucks due to them keeping any kind of online gaming exclusively away from the XBox and that they have hosed us on some recent games....but those that are hating EA right now were also those that bought Twin Towers and such. But UbiSoft is my preferred pub. for the Xbox due to Ghost and Deathrow, but I like EA games for the PC - Tiger Woods and FIFA. I mean, I still play SSX Tricky on my X....but in the future, my purchases of EA games for my Xbox will be coming to a halt until they decide to stop with this crap against MS and realize that they shouldn't be hurting the gamers, cuz their only hurting theirselves. :(

Brevity
01-19-2003, 09:54 AM
I believe this next months EMG had a Q/A part that said that EA was the biggest 3rd party publisher ever.

Koopa
01-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Ubi Soft did what everyone should do with all their games. They make the main version on Xbox due to its superior capabilities, then port THAT version to other consoles, downgrading as needed. EA, on the other hand, develops for PS2, the least powerful console, and gives everyone else straight ports.

their PC games are cool though...but i'll just pirate those until they start giving xbox the support it deserves.

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
Ubi Soft did what everyone should do with all their games. They make the main version on Xbox due to its superior capabilities, then port THAT version to other consoles, downgrading as needed. EA, on the other hand, develops for PS2, the least powerful console, and gives everyone else straight ports.

their PC games are cool though...but i'll just pirate those until they start giving xbox the support it deserves. I agree that developers should use the Xbox first, then prot to lower systems. But, usually the other versions have more features. Ubi Soft said there adding new features to the GC and PS2 version of Splinter Cell.

LTM360
01-19-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
...but EA sucks cause they cancelled like too many awesome games. like thrill kill...

Didn't the government cancel Thrill Kill due to its violent content?

Snoopy7548
01-19-2003, 12:28 PM
lol no. the original company that was working on it (i forgot their name), like sold it to EA or something, then EA thought it was too violent, and they cancelled it. but i still got the game :D

Dark Enemy
01-19-2003, 02:20 PM
Its all a matter of opinion, of what u like and what u play. The only games i have from ea is fifa2003

Cesar902
01-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Fifa 2003 is the only game I like from EA.:(

Seawolf X
01-19-2003, 03:38 PM
IMO Ubi Soft, EA had some good sports titles, but messed up alot to.

The Jackal
01-19-2003, 04:31 PM
EA.... just fot the sports games thats it