PDA

View Full Version : New KOTOR box art

Brevity
01-19-2003, 09:57 AM
http://fs.mmgn.com/forcematch/images/news/kotor_cover_art.jpg
I cant freaken wait for this game. I have had is preordered for more than a year. It about a month away. Ya baby.

Brevity
01-19-2003, 10:29 AM
New info. Do this up right.
January 17, 2003 - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is going to be huge. Created to satiate Star Wars fans, RPG fans, and fans of great storylines, KOTOR comes out in just a few weeks for Xbox. Why do you need Knights of the Old Republic? Reader the first of our two-part developer diary, written by lead designer James Ohlen, and you'll have an idea of what makes this game so special. And keep an eye out for more KOTOR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When we set out to create Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, we had one goal - to create the best role-playing game we have ever produced. While this was a lofty goal, we felt the experience gained from the award winning Baldur's Gate series would allow us to accomplish this. As Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic approaches its gold date, it has become increasingly evident that this game will be like no other before it. For this developer diary, I'm going to give you an overview of how the game is shaping up.
Graphically, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is astounding. When I was working on the Baldur's Gate series I was always impressed by the content that would come out of the art department. However, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has taken everything to the next level. The character models and animations are incredibly detailed and realistic. We have lip-synching for speech, individually boned fingers and incredibly high detailed textures. Our characters look more alive than anything we've done before. As well, the sheer amount of unique background art makes Baldur's Gate 2's environments look limited in comparison.

In addition to the amazing models and backgrounds, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic also has more movies than all of our previous games put together! The movies range from enormous 'Return of the Jedi' style space battles, to intimate romantic interludes. One of the reasons we have so many movies is to cover all of the different quests and paths that the player might come across. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is as non-linear as the Baldur's Gate series, so you'll probably have to play the game three or four times before you see every movie that's in the game. The sheer amount of things to do in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is overwhelming. We have space battles, lightsaber duels, hundreds of enemies and monsters, swoop races, card games, romances, bounty hunters and smuggling runs. We've tried to crunch in everything that a Star Wars fan has ever dreamed of doing into a single game.
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/kotor_011802_460b.jpg[img]
Story and dialogue has always been one of our top priorities, and with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic we have sculpted one of the best story experiences available in a role-playing game. Our designers include the top writers from Baldur's Gate 2, as well as a published fantasy author. The multitude of quests and sub-plots are all a far cry from the average fetch and retrieve tasks sometimes found in RPGs. In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic you can infiltrate the most evil organization in the galaxy and learn their dark powers. You can purchase a murderous droid interpreter to help uncover the secret history of Tatooine, or descend into the depths of the galaxy's deepest ocean to uncover something so terrible that it has driven all of the previous explorers insane. There are more than one hundred unique quests in the game, with professional actors in Hollywood providing all of the voices. There are over 250 000 words of recorded dialogue in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, but when you include the item, force and skill descriptions the word count balloons past half a million.

[img]http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/kotor_011802_460a.jpg
Combat isn't lacking in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, either. There are so many ways to dispatch the bad guys that it's simply staggering. Use your vibrosword, wookiee warblade or lightsaber to chop your enemy to ribbons. Blow them apart with blaster pistols, disruptor cannons or my favorite, the heavy repeating blaster. Use grenades and thermal detonators to send your enemies scurrying. And I haven't even mentioned the Force powers. With more than 50 Force powers, your Jedi is able to do everything you've seen in the movies and much, much more.

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/kotor_011802_460d.jpg

There are many other features in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic that I'd love to discuss in this article, but then I wouldn't be spending my time working on the damn thing. So I'll leave you with this promise. Not only is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic going to be one of the best games of its type, we will try to set the standard by which all future RPGs (including our own) will be judged.

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 10:36 AM
That's one of the coolest boxarts I ever seen.;) Maybe I might buy this game after all because I love nice looking box arts.:D

Xeon
01-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Wow nice find. I hope the release in a few weeks statement is true.....ahh I cant wait for this GAME!!! XBOX RULES!!

speedbuggy76
01-19-2003, 11:14 AM
Day 1 this game will be mine. This is now my most anticipated game, only above HALO2 and Fable because it's coming soon! I can't wait! Thanx for the info!

Dark Enemy
01-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Is this the star wars game thats gonna be live or is it the galaxies game.

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by PublicEnemy2k3
Is this the star wars game thats gonna be live or is it the galaxies game. Star Wars Galaxies.:)

VenoM
01-19-2003, 03:39 PM
its a shame :( this game could of been one of the best on xbox but its turnbase ....pooey...thats garbage...im a huge star wars fan too...****es me off they made this into a turnbase fighting rpg...bastages :(

Dre
01-19-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
its a shame :( this game could of been one of the best on xbox but its turnbase ....pooey...thats garbage...im a huge star wars fan too...****es me off they made this into a turnbase fighting rpg...bastages :(

Its not turn based. Where ever you read that, its sorta wrong. Its a mix between turn-based and realtime. Seeing as how its based on a D&D type rule set (except for Star Wars), its turn based. But not like FF where you actually have to wait things out. The turn-based stuff all goes on in the background without you ever realizing it. The combat will look like the lightsabre duels from the movies and maybe even cooler. There's footage on the net that shows off the combat system (enemy AI has been turned off in the vid clip though...) and it looks frickin sweet!! When its not "your turn" your character is still reacting with defensive parry blows, etc. It won`t seem turn based at all since its all this turn-based stuff is happening under the hood so to speak

VenoM
01-19-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Its not turn based. Where ever you read that, its sorta wrong. Its a mix between turn-based and realtime. Seeing as how its based on a D&D type rule set (except for Star Wars), its turn based. But not like FF where you actually have to wait things out. The turn-based stuff all goes on in the background without you ever realizing it. The combat will look like the lightsabre duels from the movies and maybe even cooler. There's footage on the net that shows off the combat system (enemy AI has been turned off in the vid clip though...) and it looks frickin sweet!! When its not "your turn" your character is still reacting with defensive parry blows, etc. It won`t seem turn based at all since its all this turn-based stuff is happening under the hood so to speak

hope your right cause the game looks amazing but hearing it was gonna have turnbase fighting turned me off completely...guess i'll just have to wait and see

speedbuggy76
01-19-2003, 04:40 PM
hope your right cause the game looks amazing but hearing it was gonna have turnbase fighting turned me off completely...guess i'll just have to wait and see
He's right. Read the section enitled "TURN BASED OR REALTIME?"here (http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=156298&forum=26).

shrew king
01-19-2003, 04:42 PM
This game is gonna be sweet as hell, I can't wait. If Galaxies is pay per month this one will definitely be in my collection.

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 04:48 PM
its a shame :( this game could of been one of the best on xbox but its turnbase ....pooey...thats garbage...im a huge star wars fan too...****es me off they made this into a turnbase fighting rpg...bastages :( If the game is turn based, then I might want to buy it. I'm really starving for a turn based RPG right now. I am not a big Star Wars fan, for one I don't watch movies, but the game seems great. This will probably be the first Bioware Action RPG game I play.;)

Brevity
01-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Here is my hope I am 60+ hours into FFX and loving it and hopeing that I can make it even longer cus its awsome. My hope is that this game will be that great, long, and super cool, and have as great a story as FFX. Its a lot to live up to since next to Kingdom hearts I think its the best story I have ever heard. Any way I am excited for this game I hope its on time.

speedbuggy76
01-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Sadly, if you read other posts in the KOTOR forum, the devs talk about how they never stated a release date and it won't be ready in two weeks to a month most likely.:( I really want this game!:mad: :mad:

hiter101
01-19-2003, 09:54 PM
i cant freakin wait for this game ive been druling over it since i heard about i sure hope it dont get delayed :(

Insane Jester
01-20-2003, 07:50 AM
im still waiting .

Brevity
01-22-2003, 12:24 AM
I hope you are wrong this game could get all my attention if done right.

J Dub
01-22-2003, 12:53 AM
Well I've been wondering what the initials "KOTOR" meant. And now I know. I read that entire post, I've seen some screenshots. I must say, this game looks like it could be REALLY good. I'll have to give it a try.