PDA

View Full Version : A cheap alternative for surrond sound.

AlBoogy
01-19-2003, 05:54 PM
Iv'e been wanting a surround sound speaker system for my room but nothng to expensive. And I didnt see the point of getting dd 5.1 if its just going to be for my room and not a living room setting. I was looking through the Circuit City catalogue and they were selling the Altec Lansing 40 watt gaming speakers for 50 dollars. They are usually $100 so I figured now is the best time to get it. I must say, its definitely worth 50 or 100 dollars. The sound is relatively loud and crisp. It definitely does the trick. Negative aspects: The subwoofer IS NOT going to bring down the house. It might not even shake the walls too much. But like I mentioned before, it does the trick. If I had to rate the product out of 5 stars I would give it a 4 1/2. I take away a half point for it not having multple jacks for more then one console. For 50 bucks its a steal. Any questions, feel free to ask.

AlBoogy
01-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Altec Lansing Gaming Speakers (http://www.circuitcity.com/frame1.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1446124566.1043030723@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdeadchfmkkldkcfngcfkmdffhdffg.0&upper=head.jsp&lower=frame2.jsp&left=leftdept.jsp&right=verity_search.jsp&inleftcat=Shop+%26+Learn&productType=1&search=ALTEC+LANSING+XA&qp=0)

Heres a link to what they look like.

Stifler
01-19-2003, 09:22 PM
I've got that & a 5.1 digital surround sound system.

I'd be willing to sell mine.