PDA

View Full Version : Toys based on Xbox Games coming soon!!!

Slacker
01-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Racing Champions Ertl announced today that it has partnered with Microsoft to bring to life collectible figures and vehicles based on Microsoft Game Studio's Xbox and PC game properties. The first of these will be based upon the multi-million seller HALO, to be followed by Brute Force and MechAssault.

"Microsoft's accomplishments in the video game market in recent years have been nothing short of amazing." said Peter Henseler, President of Racing Champions Ertl.

"We are thrilled to be in a position to tap into their efforts and create collectible figures and vehicles based on some of Microsoft's most popular PC and Xbox game titles. JoyRide Studios, in cooperation with Microsoft and Bungie Studios, will deliver the collectible products that the millions of Halo fans deserve. This is an important license agreement that further expands our new JoyRide Studios product category into the multi-billion dollar video game market, as well as allowing Microsoft to continue providing exposure for its brands outside the video game aisle."

"Our alliance with JoyRide Studios gives us a unique opportunity to introduce our major game characters to broader audiences, as well as reintroduce them in new ways to our die hard fans," said Beth Featherstone, Senior Director of Marketing at Microsoft Game Studios. "There's no game more appropriate to launch this new venture with than Halo, the best-selling game on Xbox."

The collectibles products will be primarily targeted at video game players and packaged with extra material that expands upon the actual gameplay experience.

Ertl makes good Die Cast cars , in many sizes Now I wish Hasbro or Mcfarlane toys would of got the License , Hasbro would of been cool but I bet they would of just rehashed some old G.I. Joe jeep as the warthog and painted Snake Eyes Version 2 green and called him "masterchief"

Ertl doesnt make articulated action figures so any master chiefs will be solid like an army man, or I may be wrong I am going to check out ertl site and see if any info can be found there, but it will be cool when they come out

**article from xboxgamers.com**

VenoM
01-20-2003, 03:42 PM
id love a Mcfarlane master c figure....would be great...wish they were making them:(

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 03:52 PM
I hope they make Xbox character action figures. I'd love to buy them. I would really want a stuffed animal Blinx badly.;)

No Fear 23
01-20-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I hope they make Xbox character action figures. I'd love to buy them. I would really want a stuffes animal Blinx badly.;)

or a remote controled warthog :p

Professor Kaos
01-20-2003, 04:23 PM
I want the MC, and a Mad Dog.

EHWfedPres
01-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Action figures with no articulation...no such thing...considering no articulation means no movement, which means no action...