PDA

View Full Version : Peter Moore joins Microsoft

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 04:08 PM
Rember Sega's Peter Moor and how he resigned from Sega. Now he's with Microsoft.;)

Click Here (http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4021)

Another Link (http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1043099550,52723,)

I can't wait until what he has to say about the Playstation 2. Remeber what he called the Playstation 2 on E3 2000?

VenoM
01-20-2003, 04:19 PM
hmm..thats not good imo....that guy is bad luck...... he sucks :(

xboxmaster2002
01-20-2003, 04:20 PM
hes not the only reason DC died, it was because of piracy and the PS2 coming out.

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
hmm..thats not good imo....that guy is bad luck...... he sucks :( I thought he was one of the greatest. He use to say the funniest things about Sony and make fun of them a lot. Maybe since he joined Xbox, maybe he'll bring something like Ken Lobb did from Nintendo, like Visual Concepts.

VenoM
01-20-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
hes not the only reason DC died, it was because of piracy and the PS2 coming out.

piracy didnt kill the dc...sega killed it....the ps1 didnt die(until ps2 came out) and is the ps2 still around?...yup:rolleyes: piracy has nothing to do with it....sega screwed sega imo

FuNkY mOnK
01-20-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
Peter Moore did'nt kill the DC the BS hype of the ps2 did and not to mention the sh it heads over at EA who gave nothing to help. Peter Moore is the man for MS and with Seamus Blackly on the outside this is very promising for the future of Xbox.

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
piracy didnt kill the dc...sega killed it....the ps1 didnt die(until ps2 came out) and is the ps2 still around?...yup:rolleyes: piracy has nothing to do with it....sega screwed sega imo Sega was already in huge debt before the DC came out. It was mainly Sega of Japan that caused the DC to do badly. Sega needed people to buy the system but it wasn't selling. When the DC was released, Playstation was still out selling it. When PS2 came out, next to no one wanted a DC. Everyone was waiting for PS2's because Sony let retailers take preorders for PS2 the day DC came out. It was Sony that killed the DC by paying developers not to support DC. Piracy killed the DC too because the software to system attach ratio was very low. And also about 75% of DC gamers would pirate the games. It was not Peter Moore's fault. More so Bernie Stolar who Sega fires and is now with Bam Entertainment.

MerimacHamwich
01-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Sega? Bad news, they aren't exactly a good game company.

FuNkY mOnK
01-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Sega? Bad news, they aren't exactly a good game company.
Sega is one of the best and with the aliance of MS the dark side as just gotten darker.

VenoM
01-20-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Sega was already in huge debt before the DC came out. It was mainly Sega of Japan that caused the DC to do badly. Sega needed people to buy the system but it wasn't selling. When the DC was released, Playstation was still out selling it. When PS2 came out, next to no one wanted a DC. Everyone was waiting for PS2's because Sony let retailers take preorders for PS2 the day DC came out. It was Sony that killed the DC by paying developers not to support DC. Piracy killed the DC too because the software to system attach ratio was very low. And also about 75% of DC gamers would pirate the games. It was not Peter Moore's fault. More so Bernie Stolar who Sega fires and is now with Bam Entertainment.

all that is sega's fault...they screwed themselves for not having good advertisements for the dc....hell... they only advertised the dreamcast for only a few months after its release....after that no ads for it or nothing....they had no marketing skills or no hype.....they plainly sucked and thats what killed them in the end.......piracy doesnt kill anything...thats just what developers want you to think in order to over price games...its BS...they would charge 50 bucks a game regardless of piracy......look at the ps1...it was a highly piratable system and it blew away everything in sells and now look at the ps2....still the no. 1 system no matter how easy it is to pirate games for it

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
Sega is one of the best and with the aliance of MS the dark side as just gotten darker. Oh yeah. Since Peter Moore is looking after the Xbox in Japan a bit, he might encourage more of Sega's developers to bring more games to Xbox. He has an excellent relationship with Yuji Naka on SOnc Team. This may bring more Sega Exclusives to Xbox.;)

Knight
01-20-2003, 04:50 PM

Remeber what he called the Playstation 2 on E3 2000?

No, but tell us.

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Knight
No, but tell us. He said loundly that the system was a piece of sh**. I'm not going to say the full words.

And Venom, The Playstation 2 did have pirtates, but they needed a mod chip to do it. DC did not need a mod chip. Plus, there was 80 million Playstation owners in the world. It was impossible for Sony to have a game sell badly since just about everyone had a Playstation. As far as pirating was concerned, it was only 1/15 Playstation owners that would do it. Sony would still have at least 70 million people buying games. Sega had only 2-4 million buy games because DC user base was at 8 million and it was easier to play pirated game on DC. It wasn't Peter Moore's fault for that. It was the DC designer in Japan's fault for that.

shrew king
01-20-2003, 04:59 PM
What exactly is good about this guy joining MS, all that has been said so far is he makes fun of Sony..

MerimacHamwich
01-20-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
Sega is one of the best and with the aliance of MS the dark side as just gotten darker.

You think that but I must heavily disagree.

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
What exactly is good about this guy joining MS, all that has been said so far is he makes fun of Sony.. Like I said earlier. He know the Japanese market well along with the European. He has lots of corporate experience. He has an excellent relationship with all of Sega's internal developers. This could bring more Sega games to Xbox because he's good friends with them all. He also has a great relationship with Capcom. Bringing guys from different companies is good for Microsoft.;)

Knight
01-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Hey BR what's the lastest thing he sayed about sony?

shrew king
01-20-2003, 05:13 PM
Like I said earlier. He know the Japanese market well along with the European. He has lots of corporate experience. He has an excellent relationship with all of Sega's internal developers. This could bring more Sega games to Xbox because he's good friends with them all. He also has a great relationship with Capcom. Bringing guys from different companies is good for Microsoft.;)

If he could help the Japanese market that'd be a huge step for the Xbox. Thanks for clearing it up.

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
If he could help the Japanese market that'd be a huge step for the Xbox. Thanks for clearing it up. He's working with Robbie Bach and he use to be the one who would approach Japanese developers. The Dreamcast had excellent Japanese support and he could probably help that. But, he did not have a good relationship with EA.

Another thing I remember Peter Moore use to do was, every year Sony would hold a golf tournament for their emloyees and game developers very close to them. He would arrage to have a person dressed up like Sonic driving golf carts and lawnmoweres around the Sony employees and have their golfballs painted with Sonic's head.

FuNkY mOnK
01-20-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
You think that but I must heavily disagree.
With sports title like the 2K series should give you some indication of their status. think about all the games Sega as brought to the xbox already and whats in store then tell me you still disagree. there is'nt one Comapny out there that has given the xbox as much as sega except MS.

FuNkY mOnK
01-20-2003, 07:12 PM
Heres one of the reasons DC died, this is a quote from peter moore and EA.

[EA President and COO] John Riccitiello who recently said a penny spent on Dreamcast was a penny not spent on PS2. They're a great company. They have great content. We have a great platform. They're just a little slow about getting around to what will be the right decision.

Snoopy7548
01-20-2003, 07:14 PM
i hope that more sega games come to the xbox. sega is my fav developer, they make the best games.

FuNkY mOnK
01-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i hope that more sega games come to the xbox. sega is my fav developer, they make the best games.
You're damn rigth.

Heavens Gate
01-20-2003, 09:21 PM
He is also the one that was responsible for Shenmue 2 not coming to the American Dreamcast owners. He contradicted himself so many times while working with SEGA and literally turned his back on the Dreamcast. He's a pathetic loser. He couldn't even organize adaquate advertising for Dreamcast. It failed because of his dumb ass! Burning Ranger, if you think this is good news you obviously don't know or remember who this guy is. I have magazines full of his broken promises.

This is bad news. Very bad indeed!!!:( :( :(

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
He is also the one that was responsible for Shenmue 2 not coming to the American Dreamcast owners. He contradicted himself so many times while working with SEGA and literally turned his back on the Dreamcast. He's a pathetic loser. He couldn't even organize adaquate advertising for Dreamcast. It failed because of his dumb ass! Burning Ranger, if you think this is good news you obviously don't know or remember who this guy is. I have magazines full of his broken promises.

This is bad news. Very bad indeed!!!:( :( :( I was one of the biggest Dreamcast fanboys ever. I absolutely liked Peter Moore. I am very happy he's with Xbox. But, he's not in a very high position like he was with Sega. If there was anyone you can bame about what happened to the DC, blame Bernie Stolar. He was fired from Sony for messing Sony up and then he was hired by Sega. He completely screwed the DC up at lauch and he didn't give developers online tools until Dreamcast was released. Peter Moore will help Xbox, I'm serious.:)

Heavens Gate
01-20-2003, 09:35 PM
I was one of the biggest Dreamcast fanboys ever. I absolutely liked Peter Moore. I am very happy he's with Xbox. But, he's not in a very high position like he was with Sega. If there was anyone you can bame about what happened to the DC, blame Bernie Stolar. He was fired from Sony for messing Sony up and then he was hired by Sega. He completely screwed the DC up at lauch and he didn't give developers online tools until Dreamcast was released. Peter Moore will help Xbox, I'm serious.:)

Well, I certainly hope your right. I love the Dreamcast and when it was on it's way down I blamed him for alot of it. I guess we'll see:confused:

Hitman101
01-20-2003, 09:44 PM
I hope all you guys are right because if this guy bring down the xbox I will put my foot so far up his a.......

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Well, I certainly hope your right. I love the Dreamcast and when it was on it's way down I blamed him for alot of it. I guess we'll see:confused: The Dremacast also was doomed from the beginning. Sega made the system while being $1.8 billion in debt. Peter Moore did not have much say in Sega;s decisions. Sega of Japan controls Sega and everything they do. Because of that, Sega of America's old president Tom Kalinsky(sp) left Sega because SOJ controlled everything and was messing Sega up. Kalinsky(sp) was the guy responsible for Sega doing well during the time of the Genesis. He also refused to release the Sega CD and Sega 32X in the U.S. but SOJ forced him to. SOJ controls everything and they were the ones who dropped the ball on the Dreamcast. All Peter Moore did was control Sega's U.S. market and Visual Concepts. The Dreamcast sold quite well in the U.S., it just struggled too much in Japan.

But trust me on this, Microsoft would not have hired him if they knew he would mess things up. I believe the reason Peter Moore resigned Sega was because Microsoft gave him in offer to join them. Peter Moore does know the Japanese market well and at least that could help Xbox.;)

Heavens Gate
01-21-2003, 06:03 AM
The Dremacast also was doomed from the beginning. Sega made the system while being $1.8 billion in debt. Peter Moore did not have much say in Sega;s decisions. Sega of Japan controls Sega and everything they do. Because of that, Sega of America's old president Tom Kalinsky(sp) left Sega because SOJ controlled everything and was messing Sega up. Kalinsky(sp) was the guy responsible for Sega doing well during the time of the Genesis. He also refused to release the Sega CD and Sega 32X in the U.S. but SOJ forced him to. SOJ controls everything and they were the ones who dropped the ball on the Dreamcast. All Peter Moore did was control Sega's U.S. market and Visual Concepts. The Dreamcast sold quite well in the U.S., it just struggled too much in Japan.

But trust me on this, Microsoft would not have hired him if they knew he would mess things up. I believe the reason Peter Moore resigned Sega was because Microsoft gave him in offer to join them. Peter Moore does know the Japanese market well and at least that could help Xbox.;)

Very informative stuff Ranger. Thanks for the info and I certainly do hope your right about the Xbox benefiting from his presence at Microsoft.:)

Cloud Strife
01-21-2003, 06:48 AM
Very informative stuff Ranger. Thanks for the info and I certainly do hope your right about the Xbox benefiting from his presence at Microsoft.:) I will point this out to. The main reason he did resign from Sega was because Sega of Japan was mad at him because the Sega Sports games didn't sell too high. Sega of Japan believes that it's his fault they didn't sell. They were great games. I blame it more on Sega of Japan who thought the Sega Sports lineup was all they needed to make a profit. If Sega of Japan wants to make a profit, they would have to put their biggest titles multi-platform or develop types of games that would sell well.

Well, Peter Moore is not being replaced at Sega of America. Tetsu Kayama, who heads Sega of Japan, is going to head and cotrol the U.S. market also. The problem is, he might sell Visual Concepts to Sony. I think Microsoft needs to step in and buy them.

Fifth5reedom
01-21-2003, 07:24 AM
This is awsome news, good find!

kachingtensor
01-21-2003, 10:21 AM
Best of luck to Peter selling Xboxes! :)

(Hopefully, MS won't betray him like SOJ execs did on the Dreamcast.)

CharlieHustle
01-21-2003, 11:04 PM
I will point this out to. The main reason he did resign from Sega was because Sega of Japan was mad at him because the Sega Sports games didn't sell too high. Sega of Japan believes that it's his fault they didn't sell. They were great games. I blame it more on Sega of Japan who thought the Sega Sports lineup was all they needed to make a profit. If Sega of Japan wants to make a profit, they would have to put their biggest titles multi-platform or develop types of games that would sell well.

Well, Peter Moore is not being replaced at Sega of America. Tetsu Kayama, who heads Sega of Japan, is going to head and cotrol the U.S. market also. The problem is, he might sell Visual Concepts to Sony. I think Microsoft needs to step in and buy them.

I doubt if that happens. Why would sony even buy VC when they pretty much have EA?? SONY wouldnt even offer much for them cuz they dont need them. That means that they would own two competing developers. Also VC is sellin well on the xbox, thanks to live of course. They might or shall i say should sell it to MS.