PDA

View Full Version : Official Xbox Magazine rip off?

xbox genius
01-20-2003, 07:02 PM
How much do u have to pay for official xbox magazine? i know its like 25 bucks or so, but is it monthly 25 bucks or yearly 25 bucks for 12 issues?

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 07:05 PM
To me, that is an excellnt deal. You get a demo CD in each issue. For Play Magazine, it is $24.95 for 12 issues. But that magazine is very un-biased and very good. The Official Playstation 2 Magazine has a demo disk each month and it is $39.95. OXM is a steal at the price.;)

Mega Gamer
01-20-2003, 07:05 PM
Its a yearly 25 bucks. ($24.95) Its a great deal. Its 7 bucks at walmart, and its only like 3 dollars if you subscribe.:)

Snoopy7548
01-20-2003, 07:06 PM
i kinda like xbn better than oxm. but i subscribe to oxm. and my blockbuster has xbn, so i sometimes buy it if it looks like a good issue

EHWfedPres
01-20-2003, 07:22 PM
I get OXM cause it has alot of info...however, that info is either old or easy to find on IGN or something...

if OXM dosent bring back the top 10 plays, I will keep bugging them until they do, that was the best part of the whole demo disc.:mad: :mad: :confused: :( :mad:

wbio
01-20-2003, 07:28 PM
I think that OXM is worth the $25 because of the demos. I like playing the demos on the disk, and they have actually changed my mind about a few games. The info inside is also good, and I like when they have long articles on games (like the MGS2:S thing in August) My subscription just ended and I renewed it, and think it was worth it.

Snoopy7548
01-20-2003, 07:35 PM
it sucks when the discs dont work. ive had 2 DDE's (it wasnt my xbox's fault), and on the last issue, the disc was all cracked. its annoying having to wait another month to get the disc, when it should have worked in the first place.

ARONO129
01-20-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by xbox genius
How much do u have to pay for official xbox magazine? i know its like 25 bucks or so, but is it monthly 25 bucks or yearly 25 bucks for 12 issues?

You must be joking. In Canada if you buy the magazine from the news-stand you get (including tax) exactly TWO issues. It's about $75 CDN for a year. Quit complaining. You have it good.

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
it sucks when the discs dont work. ive had 2 DDE's (it wasnt my xbox's fault), and on the last issue, the disc was all cracked. its annoying having to wait another month to get the disc, when it should have worked in the first place. I haven't had a working OXM demo disk since the August 2002 issue. I have had to boil all my disc to get them to work. I couldn't even get them to work on my repaired Xbox. I still had to boil them. I just wonder if that's the reason the magazine is cheap. The demo disk aren't supposed to work.:(

ShannonX
01-20-2003, 07:43 PM
i dunno why so many peoples discs dont work... i've never had trouble with any of my disks. For the cracked disk issue, you might want to look at your post office. They may have done something to the magazine that caused the disc to break.

xbox genius
01-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I get OXM cause it has alot of info...however, that info is either old or easy to find on IGN or something...

if OXM dosent bring back the top 10 plays, I will keep bugging them until they do, that was the best part of the whole demo disc.:mad: :mad: :confused: :( :mad:

they cut those out???????? man that sucks

xbox genius
01-20-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
To me, that is an excellnt deal. You get a demo CD in each issue. For Play Magazine, it is $24.95 for 12 issues. But that magazine is very un-biased and very good. The Official Playstation 2 Magazine has a demo disk each month and it is $39.95. OXM is a steal at the price.;)

is play magazine multiplatform? cuz i only want xbox mags, if it is only xbox magazine does it have a demo disc?

oh and xbox nation have demo disc too?

Ninja Scroll
01-20-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
i dunno why so many peoples discs dont work... i've never had trouble with any of my disks. For the cracked disk issue, you might want to look at your post office. They may have done something to the magazine that caused the disc to break.

Well your 1 lucky S.O.B Shannon, cause I have had atleast 3 defected discs since I have been a subscriber.

I think OXM is a joke, there issues barely reach (if even dat) 100 pages.
And even the disc that work are garbage.

OXM is trash.

As a matter of fact, ever since Next Generation Magazine got canceled I have not been happy at all.
:(

VeNoMiZA
01-20-2003, 08:44 PM
these ***s want me in court for not ****ing paying them 24.95 i only recieved two issues wtf? what can i do?

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 09:03 PM
is play magazine multiplatform? cuz i only want xbox mags, if it is only xbox magazine does it have a demo disc?

oh and xbox nation have demo disc too? Play does not have demo disk and they are a multi-platform magazine. I brought them up because they really respect Xbox and all systems exactly the same. They give out excellent reviews. The gave Blinx a 5/5, PD Orta 5/5, Gun Valkyrie 5/5, GTA Vice City 4/5, etc. They gave all my favorite games high scores. It also has an anime section in the back.

xbox genius
01-20-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
these ***s want me in court for not ****ing paying them 24.95 i only recieved two issues wtf? what can i do?

just say that you nevered recieved yours yet... say that they might of sent the mags to a different person on accident... at least thats what i did and i got 2 issues for free, but of course i canceled my subscription after that...

xbox genius
01-20-2003, 11:59 PM
Play does not have demo disk and they are a multi-platform magazine. I brought them up because they really respect Xbox and all systems exactly the same. They give out excellent reviews. The gave Blinx a 5/5, PD Orta 5/5, Gun Valkyrie 5/5, GTA Vice City 4/5, etc. They gave all my favorite games high scores. It also has an anime section in the back.

hey... those review scores are pretty good except i have no idea whats gun valkyrie is like... but tahts really good. where can i get this mag?

xboxman_1
01-23-2003, 09:32 PM
i'd get EGM instead. Some claim they are biased, but I dont think so, and they have great articles.

Cloud Strife
01-23-2003, 09:35 PM
hey... those review scores are pretty good except i have no idea whats gun valkyrie is like... but tahts really good. where can i get this mag? Check a bookstore, EB, or Gamestop. They have the magazine. A few of my local stores are starting to carry it now.

Stifler
01-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

The top ten were pathetic. Anyone one of us could pull of those moves and tricks easy. They also put in a lot of cheesy plays.

jabrre
01-23-2003, 10:20 PM
The demo discs will be very important, especially to those who do not have access to broadband. Microsoft could release those patches (for example: the new Unreal Championship patch) and then OXM releases the patches on CD. This alone is worth the price of the subscription.

xbox genius
01-23-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by jabrre
The demo discs will be very important, especially to those who do not have access to broadband. Microsoft could release those patches (for example: the new Unreal Championship patch) and then OXM releases the patches on CD. This alone is worth the price of the subscription.

yea i dont got broadband and i was starting to think if splinter cell updates are on their disks? i hope so, who knows, maybe Bankasha will give us some expansion discs!?!?! :eek: :cool:

Insane Jester
01-24-2003, 08:07 AM
Well arnt i me stupid ? LOL. I subscribed to a few mags and then about 8 months ago i decided i could find all the info in the mags on the net with little effort. So i cancelled all my mag subscriptions and gloated over the fact i could buy and extra game every 3 months with the cash saved, BUT. I went to a m8s house and he had the oxm with some great demo's on it. So i now subscribe to oxbmuk lol .. DOH .

SoccerCJM77
01-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
You must be joking. In Canada if you buy the magazine from the news-stand you get (including tax) exactly TWO issues. It's about $75 CDN for a year. Quit complaining. You have it good.

What's your promblem it's 75 dollars in Canadan money. Your money is alot different than america money. 75 candadian dollars is probaly about 25 american dollars

thAshAdyOne
01-27-2003, 03:13 PM

i see u plugging away at that play magazine again eh?

Cloud Strife
01-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by XxShAdYoUtHxX
i see u plugging away at that play magazine again eh? Yes, I really do love that magazine. They also allowed the fans of the magazine to vote for game of the year. It had to be sent to them by email and I did.;)

illusionaz
01-27-2003, 05:31 PM
OXM is great! Im reading it right now.. Anyways, its worth $25 a year...

happyhotdog
01-28-2003, 12:00 PM
ya but there is a problem oxm mag isnt very good it only like 100 pages... a coulpe mags had more but... and all of the disc sucked excetp for 13 and the ones with the doa3 dowloads. i my opion it can really compete with egm even tho that mag isnt all xbox. and 1 more that thing i dont know where that littel box is on the side of ur name that tellsd u ur game tag where the hell is that littel thing tag happy hotdog
catch ya later

Rancey
01-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by happyhotdog
ya but there is a problem oxm mag isnt very good it only like 100 pages... a coulpe mags had more but... and all of the disc sucked excetp for 13 and the ones with the doa3 dowloads. i my opion it can really compete with egm even tho that mag isnt all xbox. and 1 more that thing i dont know where that littel box is on the side of ur name that tellsd u ur game tag where the hell is that littel thing tag happy hotdog
catch ya later

Go to user cp>edit profile

Play does not have demo disk and they are a multi-platform magazine. I brought them up because they really respect Xbox and all systems exactly the same. They give out excellent reviews. The gave Blinx a 5/5, PD Orta 5/5, Gun Valkyrie 5/5, GTA Vice City 4/5, etc. They gave all my favorite games high scores. It also has an anime section in the back.

I've only played Blinx and Gun Valkyrie, but I don't know how they could give Vice City less than either of those games.