PDA

View Full Version : Brute Force Gameplay

just some guy
01-21-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm really looking forward to this game. But i'm a little bit skeptical of the 3rd person view. In games like morrowind and the upcoming Fable i like it and i think it works well. But in the case of an action packed shooter i'm not too sure. It makes you feel a little outside of the action it seems. Thats one of my beefs with MechAssault, i think it should have had a 1st person option. As far as I can tell this is going to be strictly 3rd person view but i hope they add a 1st person option before it's released. Whats everyone elses thoughts? Does anyone with 3rd person shooter experience think it matters? Meaning will I feel as immersed in the game like I would if it was 1st person? I think if halo were 3rd person I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much but I can't say for sure because I've never really played a 3rd person shooter.

EHWfedPres
01-21-2003, 11:08 AM
MechAssault would have never workds with first person view, you would be running into buildings left and right...

LynxFX
01-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
MechAssault would have never workds with first person view, you would be running into buildings left and right...

I don't know if that is necessarily true. I play plenty of FPS games and I have never had a problem navigating the environment. I'm pretty sure MechAssault would be no different. I do like the 3rd person view though because you get to see what your mech is doing. It is just nice eye candy.

just some guy,
If you want to see how Brute Force might work, rent Opperation Desert Storm. That is another 3rd person squad based game that I think plays quite well. It does have the option to go into 1st person view when you want to aim and shoot something. Hopefully Brute Force will have a similar setup.

EHWfedPres
01-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
If you want to see how Brute Force might work, rent Opperation Desert Storm.

You mean Conflict Desert Storm...which is a decent game, but too many weird problems, like the gun not firing at all sometimes, and others it wont stop firing...:confused:

LynxFX
01-21-2003, 11:22 AM
Thanks, Conflict Desert Storm. :)

I only played the PC version with no such problems so not sure what was wrong there.

Cloud Strife
01-21-2003, 11:27 AM
I personally don't like first person view at all. I love the third person view though. I wish Halo was third person. The only game I like in first person compared to third would be Jumping Flash on Playstation. Great game too.:D

Dre
01-21-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
It does have the option to go into 1st person view when you want to aim and shoot something. Hopefully Brute Force will have a similar setup.

Well, one of the members of your team is a sniping chick with a cybernetically enhanced eye. I'm thinking her sniping mode will most definitely be a different viewing mode. Apart from that, I don't really see any of the other members of the team needed to go into a "firing mode".

If its a "lockon" system like Dead To Rights or a dual analog setup for move and aim like Hunter: The reckoning is the question I want to know the answer to.

tWoTOMA
01-21-2003, 01:20 PM
If its a "lockon" system like Dead To Rights or a dual analog setup for move and aim like Hunter: The reckoning is the question I want to know the answer to.

Nither. From what I hear, it's like Max Payne, which handles exactly like a FPS, except your view comes from behind a shoulder. A targeting system is fun for games like DTR, but I would be highly disappointed with it in this game. And there is no way a Hunter scheme could be used in a game like this; Hunter has a top-down view. Hope that helps.

Brevity
01-21-2003, 01:41 PM
I love FPS that said I think games like CFIDS and SOCOM are great in 3rd, also Splinter Cell, MGS:S.

tWoTOMA
01-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
I love FPS that said I think games like CFIDS and SOCOM are great in 3rd, also Splinter Cell, MGS:S.

Yeah I'm a huge FPS fan, but games that are based on Stealth like SOCOM, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, and MGS2 need to be 3rd person. You need to be able to see yourself in the middle of your surroundings, it adds to the espionage feel. I guess some situations in Brute Force require stealth, so I expect the 3rd person view to be fine. As long is it's like Max Payne, we should be ok.

Hitman101
01-21-2003, 01:52 PM
I think 3rd person will be great on Brute Force (IMO) it will give the game a whole different feal then people were expecting from this game.:cool:

Acid Snow
01-21-2003, 10:42 PM
i agree, but then again i don't even like the squad idea (yet)