PDA

View Full Version : Fable Delayed?

xboxgamer142
01-22-2003, 03:24 AM
Microsoft is planning on releasing Fable on Winter 2003. However, that won't neccessarily be true, because a lot of online game shops and game sites show that it will release January/February 2004. That's doesn't really bug me, if they get more time, they'll make it better. All I hope is that they won't delay Halo 2.

just some guy
01-22-2003, 07:59 AM
I think Winter 2003 includes jan. & feb. of 2004. So it's right on schedule. I think GameSpot has a specific date.

Kraft
01-22-2003, 08:17 AM
yeah, we are in winter 2002 right now, 2003 will be considered next year... Think of it as the opposite of cars, the years will be behind instead of ahead (we aren't going to see any 2004 games for a while, but the 2004 cars will be out in 5 or 6 months). Though I would love to see it on-time, this is probably going to be one of those morrowind games that will be delayed numerous times before it makes its' grand enterance. A game of this magnitude and inventivness will always take additional time.

bbchs_trash
01-22-2003, 08:18 AM
It doesn't matter. Launch dates now don't mean anything. They are just guessing at the date. And a game like Fable could either be greatly pushed up or greatly delayed. Luanch dates by sites like Ebgames and Gamespot are just guesses. HALO 2 is scheduled for like July 2nd or something like that. Don't be dissapointed when it isn't in EB on July 2nd.

just some guy
01-22-2003, 08:43 AM
HALO 2 isn't expected until next winter. It was set at June 6th for a while but it got moved back to about when fable comes out.

Nato King
01-22-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142
Microsoft is planning on releasing Fable on Winter 2003. However, that won't neccessarily be true, because a lot of online game shops and game sites show that it will release January/February 2004. That's doesn't really bug me, if they get more time, they'll make it better. All I hope is that they won't delay Halo 2.

like you said xboxgamer142 I don't mine if they delay this game because I know it will come out better. but and I do mean but if they delay Halo 2 all hell is going to break lose.:)

Cloud Strife
01-22-2003, 02:11 PM
I thought Fable was planned to be released in January. I really don't care how much they delay it, I just care if it comes out good.;)

Hitman101
01-22-2003, 02:30 PM
IMO I think that its better there taking more time because I don't want this game to become rushed. I'd rather have a game that's been worked on for a while and was prefected.

EHWfedPres
01-22-2003, 02:32 PM
hitman, your sig is a little too wide...

Hitman101
01-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Sorry I took the smilies off dude that should make it better. I don't want the sig stuff to start again.

Dre
01-22-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I thought Fable was planned to be released in January. I really don't care how much they delay it, I just care if it comes out good.;)

No, the devs have only said Winter 2003. Which as we all know could mean a great deal of things unfortunately.

I find that countless people on here seem to put some sort of blind faith on release dates they find from online gaming stores. Unless its a date specified by the developer or publisher it isn't true. Game stores, websites, game websites.., (well.. you get the picture) have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to release dates. Never. They are only doing a bit of educated guessing. They are not privy to some insider info on release dates. Publishers and devs want the actual consumers to know just as much when their game will come out as the game store. Until you hear an official date from dev or publisher, never trust an EB.com or gamestop date. Never.

chili325
01-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Hitman101
Sorry I took the smilies off dude that should make it better. I don't want the sig stuff to start again.
oh snap....breakin the rules...
U just have no respect for the mods do you. I think your actions call for dicipline. HMMMM.....Nothing but WHACKED for the rest of the year should set you strait.