PDA

View Full Version : Halo!!! I Beat Halo!!!!!!

Xboxderekman
11-25-2001, 10:11 PM
I cant beleive it , i beat halo!!! I like the last level, racing on that staraght away doind jumps!

-tell me if u beat halo please!

Jason1010
11-25-2001, 10:26 PM
halo really isn't that tough... at least on normal mode that is.. :p i guess it is pretty exciting if you beat it on legendary or something though.

Morgoth
11-25-2001, 11:24 PM
Yeah I beat Halo about a week ago on normal. It wasn't actually that hard, son now I'm working on heroic.
Just want to use this as an opportunity to review it.

The graphics are good and bad; The character models are actually pretty polygonal, not very smooth or rounded. Their lip movement is simply up and down, like a muppet. This doesn't hinder the way the Vehicles, armour, weapons and buildings look though, as they don't need high polygon counts. These flaws are probably because Halo was planned for PC years ago, and maybe they simply didn't change the character models. Other than that, the graphics are amazing! It uses surface detail effects like bump mapping A LOT. It uses enough reflection mapping, bump mapping and particle effects to choke a donkey. I found myself walking up to walls, turning on my flashlight and walking around staring at the glorious bump-mapped textures (hold comments)

The gameplay is amazing. The vehicles are a great touch, especially since you can roll them over. It's incredibly realistic; eg. when you shoot down a Banshee (those alien airplanes), it will make a beautiful explosion, blasting the pilot out of his seat. Once I shot one down, it hit the ground and skidded off a cliff, went into a spin and landed on my co-op buddy. Hilarious! If you shoot the driver of a vehicle without destroying the vehicle, you can commandeer it and drive/fly it away. I love running over aliens but then the guy on the gun behind you b!tches at you.

Throw a plasma grenade, it sticks to a guy. Watch him run around flailing his arms and screaming, until his blown into the sky. Because of the Xbox's ability to draw massive amounts of data at once, don't be surprised to see bullets, bodies, blood, craters, cracks in ice, destroyed vehicles all leftover from a battle without much loss in framerate.

Remember the first time you saw the Flood? Man those guys were creepy. When I first saw them I started to like the covenant! I liked how you could blow their head and arms off, and when you shot them in the stomach, their organs fell out. The big bulky guys (not the zombie-like guys) if you blew both their arms off they would just come up to you and lick you with their feelers. Helpless bastard. You're right the last level is hella fun when you escape on the Warthog!

Here's something that's really weird. If you think about it, the three races in this game are almost Identical to the three races in Starcraft.

Halo Starcraft

Human- Terran Earth-people with machine guns and explosive weaponry

Flood Zerg
Organic alien race that infests humans to assimilate them

Covenant Protoss
Strangely colored alien race with plasma weapons and lack of personality

CBR900rr
11-26-2001, 12:12 AM
I am getting Halo this week, have not played it yet..but my 13 yr old nephew has beaten it a few times..he says its sic'

xboxlover
11-26-2001, 03:49 AM
Hey Derek u completed halo, but hey u still got the other difficulties to try out so don't think ur super man or anythin heyreport back to me later on messenger about how da gamin is going.

FpS_PhReeK
11-26-2001, 04:25 AM
I hope HALO lives up to the hype.... I am 26 and have been playing FPS's for a long time.... I keep hearing people saying that they are beating the game very quickly, is HALO just a walk through showing off the Xbox's capabilities? I want a complete emersion into the game, not a brief taste of some eye candy.
Hey I just thought of something.... do you think that epansion packs will be available... I mean we have a hard drive,, so it seems that there is no reason why a developer could not make more levels for a game like HALO and sell them as add on missions at half the cost of a normal game this could extend the life of a game..... just a thought. Anyone ever heard aything about this?

Laters all,

PhReeK out!

thedrisc
11-26-2001, 08:17 AM
Don't worry it does live up to the hype. Its like playing a sci-fi movie. People are finishing it so soon because once you start you can not stop. the other day I played for 14 hours and it felt like 2. its really a blast.

ThomasHun
11-26-2001, 08:54 AM
One night me and a friend played coop halo from 8 pm to 4 am. Best ending ever.

Xboxderekman
11-26-2001, 09:28 AM
:o Give me a break! I think it was hard! So shut up everyone!!!

Bundy
11-26-2001, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK
I hope HALO lives up to the hype.... I am 26 and have been playing FPS's for a long time.... I keep hearing people saying that they are beating the game very quickly, is HALO just a walk through showing off the Xbox's capabilities? I want a complete emersion into the game, not a brief taste of some eye candy.
Hey I just thought of something.... do you think that epansion packs will be available... I mean we have a hard drive,, so it seems that there is no reason why a developer could not make more levels for a game like HALO and sell them as add on missions at half the cost of a normal game this could extend the life of a game..... just a thought. Anyone ever heard aything about this?

Laters all,

PhReeK out!

Well i think most of the people you see posting have beat it on normal or easy. Legendary is a completely different story. If it took one the the creators/developers 60 hours on legendary then there is plenty of game time in this puppy.

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 11:10 AM
Dudes...I stopped playing the Normal mode once I was on the second to the last level...and I decided to put it on the Legendary mode...and let me tell you......can anyone say "Holy #$%@#$ Q@#%@#$ @#$@#^ @#%$@#$ @^#$%@#$%!!!! hehe...I barely got off the ship to get to the first level! lol...

I gaurantee that while playing on Legendary mode that it will take a long ass time to beat! It seriously took me 2 hours to simply get to the first level! lol...It's hard, gentlemen...

xboxlover
11-26-2001, 12:14 PM
Wow i think 60 hours is long enough for any game except pso which last for about 500 hours.

Plewis
11-26-2001, 01:08 PM
I feel left out! I haven't beaten Halo yet! I am still on the 6th level! Well... I haven't really played that much. It's a great game though. I just have friends over and we always play multiplayer. I will have that game in a week or 2. Then I am going to beat it on heroic. Then legendary ;) . Oh well i better get back to playing!

xboxlover
11-26-2001, 01:47 PM
Hey its ma birthday happy birthday to me.

thedrisc
11-26-2001, 02:04 PM
man your geting old!!

happy b-day

scarecrow kfj
11-26-2001, 04:11 PM
happy birthday

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 04:18 PM
http://www.childishthings.com/BIRTHDAY.gif

:D (Refresh the screen if you missed the gif :D)