PDA

View Full Version : is "Dead to Rights" anygood????

sizemoremk
01-22-2003, 03:14 PM
Whats it about???

Dre
01-22-2003, 03:19 PM
Ya.. its sorta like Max Payne... except you can take human shields and perform disarms. Its lots of fun and one of the most violent games out there on Xbox.

sizemoremk
01-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Sounds like a winner t me, but I never got into MAX PAINE....

Yannie Boy
01-22-2003, 10:21 PM
at times the game can be TOO hard........i hate the game...

Reclaimer
01-25-2003, 06:35 PM
D2R brings some new elements to Xbox gaming. D2R gives you the option to violently disarm your enemy and take his weapon, gives you the ability to take a human shield, and gives you a dog that you can control as you own character at certain points. the graphics are somewhat blocky and bland, and the enemy A.I. is down right retarded at times. As opposed to enemies who attack you with strategy and cunning, the game throws sheer hordes of trigger happy look-a-like clones at your general direction. There is a bit of a learning curve because the control scheme is daunting to learn quickly. The major gripe people have with this game besides the control layout is the aiming system. At key points on the game, there can be quite a bit of enemies that need killing. But, the auto aim system tends to always pick the targets least likely to be any threat, and in most cases, your character will end up aiming his guns at someone completely off screen and ignoring the guy next to you shooting a shotgun into your gut. You can manually aim and pick your targets, thus overriding the auto aim system, but due to the control layout and the constant onscreen action, it sometimes becomes overbearing to constantly be switiching your targets, and participate in the game at the same time. One of the key points in the game is the ability to go to martial arts instead of guns, but the fighting system is awkward, and you can only fight one guy at a time, throwing combos in one direction, as you get pummeled in every other direction. One of the most shocking things I've seen was that the intro movie is incredibly awesome. The graphics are so good, at times it looks like you are watching a movie on TV, but sadly this is for the intro movie only. The rest of the game is not rendered in the same kind of graphics. I'd recommend that you rent this game, and if you like it, buy a used copy. Regardless, it's not worth paying full price for, even if you liked it.

davidx
01-28-2003, 06:34 AM
'nuff said. I didn't like it from the start...

that's just me though...

X

Whisper
02-03-2003, 10:14 AM
i rented it 2 days ago and have 2:21:00 of playing time (way belwo my average)

reason: too hard, and hard to control

RudedogX
02-03-2003, 11:45 AM
Though I admit there are some sections that are a lot more difficult than they needed to be, this game is still one of my favorites. Max Payne was good, but this game was better. I think the sequel to Payne will me more like D2R.

ALC
02-03-2003, 07:53 PM
I liked both games the same, but max payne felt too short, (i finished it in one rental period), whereas i'm still on d2r (possibly cuz its very hard at points)..
If you like action movie style voilence and poorly detailed strippers, this game is for you

Btw, .."True Crime - Streets of LA", has anyone seen the previews for this? Looks like a winner!

(dont tell me 'stfu n00b' just yet, i'm not going entirely off topic because the appear to be the same type of game):p

RudedogX
02-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Actually Streets of LA is more in the vain of GTA than Max Payne or DTR. I think it's going to be a good game, but it seems to be an extremely open ended game.

[oXo]
02-06-2003, 09:32 AM
I played DTR for maybe 20 minutes at a friends house and what I tried was awesome.
Max Payne is also great but I would say it's easy compared to DTR.....If I had the dough I would certainly buy DTR;)

Supperdog
06-11-2003, 05:43 PM
i think it's really fun except for...

THE PRISON CHAPTER MINIGAMES :cuss:

y2kash_14
06-18-2003, 03:27 AM
people are being way to generous about this game. Clunky controls, horrid mini-games, bland gameplay and an even worse story line.

bottom line: Dead To Rights < Max Payne < Enter The Matrix

Supperdog
06-25-2003, 08:15 AM
W-w-w-what?! ETM BETTER THAN MP?! how can you say such a thing

it should go DTR < MP > ETM

IMO the matrix game was totally soulless, and i rather enjoyed the "terrible" voice acting and "awful" writing of max payne. it was cheesy in the best way possible :o

MerimacHamwich
06-26-2003, 03:20 PM
I haven't even played through all that ETM has to offer. I have beat the game with Niobe and am now working my way through the training missions. I think I finished the hacking, got the sword, met Sparks etc. Who knows, maybe you get a tip on how to continue hacking when you beat all of the training. It seems to me most poeple who play ETM only scratch the surface, which I admit is lackluster, but once you delve deeper, you will love the game.

For me it goes ETM, Max Pain, Dead To Rights. DTR is horrible in my opinion.

y2kash_14
06-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Supperdog
W-w-w-what?! ETM BETTER THAN MP?! how can you say such a thing

it should go DTR &lt; MP &gt; ETM

IMO the matrix game was totally soulless, and i rather enjoyed the &quot;terrible&quot; voice acting and &quot;awful&quot; writing of max payne. it was cheesy in the best way possible :o

I have never put down Max Payne, which you made it seem, I simply think Enter The Matrix is a tad bit better