PDA

View Full Version : [New]Fable Myth Exposed !!!![New] Pics !!

Hitman101
01-22-2003, 05:15 PM
South of London, deep within an anonymous building in a quiet town lies the offices of Big Blue Box, the Lionhead satellite developer currently embroiled in a project of breathtaking ambition, dizzying scope, and mind-boggling technical bravura.
Despite a punishing work load and major milestones to reach, Big Blue Box was kind enough to invite us into its studio for an exclusive, detailed look at Fable, an "arcade RPG" (the developer's description) for Xbox, where you grow from a twelve-year-old boy into old age, attempting to save the world from supreme evil.

Developed in conjunction with industry luminary and Black & White creator, Peter Molyneux, Fable is a title which could revoultionise the RPG genre.

Over the next few days we'll bring you everything you could ever want to know about the title formerly known as Project Ego, and then some. How the game is put together from the ground up; the design of characters and creatures which inhabit the amazing game world; a unique insight into the revolutionary tools that can build ultra-detailed environments in seconds, info on future sequels, spin-offs and Xbox Live downloadable content, the innovative character development system, a full playtest... We could go on...

And we will, starting in earnest tomorrow, with enough information and exclusive screens to make your weep like a small child. But for now, to whet your appetites, take a long hard look at these fantastic images and prepare to embark on a journey unlike any other you've experienced on console.
Link (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=86008)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_168/vortal_pic_84216.jpg http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_168/vortal_pic_84217.jpg http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_168/vortal_pic_84218.jpg http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_168/vortal_pic_84219.jpg http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_168/vortal_pic_84220.jpg

[Info from Team Xbox forums]

Hitman101
01-22-2003, 05:17 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_168/vortal_pic_84221.jpg http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_168/vortal_pic_84222.jpg http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_168/vortal_pic_84223.jpg

VeNoMiZA
01-22-2003, 05:19 PM
if this game is crap when i buy it ima rob a liquer store and shoot someone..

Yannie Boy
01-22-2003, 05:20 PM
i want the game right now!!!!!:(

hey veno.......nice sig

Insane Jester
01-22-2003, 05:40 PM
lol .. looks nice .. hmmmm doesnt look like my kind of game though ... but who knows ?

VeNoMiZA
01-22-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
i want the game right now!!!!!:(

hey veno.......nice sig
thx alot even tho u the only one that notices anything i do here....

Cloud Strife
01-22-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
thx alot even tho u the only one that notices anything i do here.... I've noticed you sig for a long time. It's just that I'm not that kind of person that will compliment anyone although I like it.

Anyway, I see Fable is coming along real nicely. I'm not sure whether I'd like it because I grew up with turn based battles.

VenoM
01-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger

Anyway, I see Fable is coming along real nicely. I'm not sure whether I'd like it because I grew up with turn based battles.

bah....turnbase is a major bore...why let the computer do the fighting for ya? :confused:

Yannie Boy
01-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
thx alot even tho u the only one that notices anything i do here....

no doubt...we rappers need to stay on top of stuff round here......

fable is live right?????:confused:

VenoM
01-22-2003, 06:05 PM

what they gotta do is the chupa cabra game....some alien dude running around sucking blood out of goats,then you gotta try hiding in the darkness...something like splinter cell but with the chupa cabra and ya have all these people and agents trying to catch ya ..dont tell me that dont sound good...cause it sounds great :D

VeNoMiZA
01-22-2003, 06:11 PM

fo real man.. i juscame home from a looong day of studio time. and man im exhuasted good to have some support thx ranger and chupa ;):D

EHWfedPres
01-22-2003, 07:13 PM
The game better have live support, but we'll find out "in the next few days", so no hurry.

Even though I prefer anatomically correct characters, Im getting this game anyway because it looks like loads of fun.

Xbox Owner
01-22-2003, 09:42 PM
it looks good.. but um.. why is that guy's head so damn big?!

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-22-2003, 10:18 PM
It's hard to get happy over a game that's over a year away...but, still those graphics are amazeing!!!......i think that this game needs to be on xbox live....everytime i hear new stuff about fable...it make me want to play it:D

SPARTAN VI
01-22-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
it looks good.. but um.. why is that guy's head so damn big?!

Because his hamster's dead,
his girlfriend's name is Fred,
and his momma's gotta BIG HEAD!

YEAH! YEAH! YEEEEAHHHH!!!!

*ahem* Sorry...:D

Looks great! I still can't wait for it to come out, but there are too many games that I can't wait for. I feel like I'm 5 waiting to get tall enough to reach for the cabinet with all the cups in em. :D Those were tough days being short...

Koopa
01-23-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
Because his hamster's dead,
his girlfriend's name is Fred,
and his momma's gotta BIG HEAD!

YEAH! YEAH! YEEEEAHHHH!!!!

*ahem* Sorry...:D

Looks great! I still can't wait for it to come out, but there are too many games that I can't wait for. I feel like I'm 5 waiting to get tall enough to reach for the cabinet with all the cups in em. :D Those were tough days being short... \
yeah, but once i could reach the light-switch without standing on my tippey toes it was the best ****ing feeling ever:D

Liquid Gears
01-23-2003, 08:06 PM
I will admit, ever since I've heard about this game I though it was crap. I've always been extremely against RPG games, I hate them with a passion. I just bought the newest OXM and I watched the movie preview for Fable. This game looks great!! Seriously, it doesn't even look like an RPG. I love how they put some Danny Elfman music into the game. I'm a huge fan of his music. This game better have a good story to it. This is the one and only RPG I have ever been exited to try out.

Cloud Strife
01-23-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
bah....turnbase is a major bore...why let the computer do the fighting for ya? :confused: Yeah, but the computer doesn't tell you what magic to use. Turn based combat takes a lot of skill to play. You have to know how to use lots of strategy also.

Anyway what's the problem with the computer doing everything, I made the computer control my braking in Test Drive LeMans for DC.

I'd also really like to have a turn based dating sim game on Xbox with an anime look.;)

Knight
01-23-2003, 09:53 PM
To bad we have to wait to next year to play it. :mad:

Mecanik
01-24-2003, 02:50 AM
Are you sure a year? Over here in UK have one site saying Q1 2003 and another saying 07/03/2003. Am I being dense or is this just a UK release date? If its a UK release date, I'm sorry guys its cruel but HA HA HA HA :) <dances with joy>

Yannie Boy
01-24-2003, 03:03 PM
what they gotta do is the chupa cabra game....some alien dude running around sucking blood out of goats,then you gotta try hiding in the darkness...something like splinter cell but with the chupa cabra and ya have all these people and agents trying to catch ya ..dont tell me that dont sound good...cause it sounds great :D

sounds ok.......but with some of my ideas...that game would kick ass:cool:

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 04:03 PM
what they gotta do is the chupa cabra game....some alien dude running around sucking blood out of goats,then you gotta try hiding in the darkness...something like splinter cell but with the chupa cabra and ya have all these people and agents trying to catch ya ..dont tell me that dont sound good...cause it sounds great :D No, this is how Fable should be like. Fable should be cel shaded and have anime style cutscenes. The story should be about a young boy at the age of 14 who wants to save the world. He falls in love with this 13 year heorine in the game. They go on an adventure while traveling on a world map. The get in random battles every few seconds. The battles are turn based with big huge summon spells. The game follows a linear path. Another great thing would be to have tons of text that go on for 20 minutes. Wouldn't that be nice if that was Fable.;)

I still want Fable despite it not having any of what I said above.;)

VenoM
01-24-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
No, this is how Fable should be like. Fable should be cel shaded and have anime style cutscenes. The story should be about a young boy at the age of 14 who wants to save the world. He falls in love with this 13 year heorine in the game. They go on an adventure while traveling on a world map. The get in random battles every few seconds. The battles are turn based with big huge summon spells. The game follows a linear path. Another great thing would be to have tons of text that go on for 20 minutes. Wouldn't that be nice if that was Fable.;)

I still want Fable despite it not having any of what I said above.;)

not talking about fable im talking about a game based on the chupa cabra events :rolleyes: ..turnbase is lame btw :D

JimmieDoogan
01-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Why not put the Chupa Cabra in this game? ;) Wayzout! N E way... GIVE ME THIS GAME NOW!!! THAT IS NOT A F**KING REQUEST!!! THIS IS AN ORDER!!! AND YES I WANT FRIES WITH THAT!!! WOOO! I can't wait for this game, everytime I see it, it gets better and better. I wonder how it runs. With all that stuff on screen (especially the pic in the forest where you can see the grass rendered from forground all the way to the background) thats gotta be using some major crunching time!! WOW! I'm glad they're taking their time though. It would be a sorry ass game if they rushed it. :D I'm on perminent smile for the rest of the day after seeing that pic :D!!!!

Shadow20002
01-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Look like they have finish at least the 1/2 part of the game. I can't wait any longer. If they gonna delay it....no..no..no..forget what i say last sentence. :D

GrggThGrmmRpr
01-26-2003, 09:58 AM
I think this game is gonna be great! If anything, the xbox is lacking in RPGs. Thats one reason why the PS2 is so popular. A lot of RPG fans buy it. But anyway this game looks great and I look forward to buying it.

TheCovenant
01-26-2003, 03:15 PM
do you guys think this game has real time lighting like splinter cell? cause that would make the landscapes and time changes incredibly dynamic......

Shadow20002
01-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
do you guys think this game has real time lighting like splinter cell? cause that would make the landscapes and time changes incredibly dynamic......

I still remember there are some screenshots about that. They say you can see the sunset fill through the windows or something like that. Check their site for sure.