PDA

View Full Version : CD Scratch Repairing?

jhsu
01-23-2003, 05:27 PM
hey all, my DOA3 Game CD is pretty scratched up, and I was thinking about buying this Kensington CD Scratch repair kit to try to fix it.....is this stuff ok to use?

Kraft
01-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by jhsu
hey all, my DOA3 Game CD is pretty scratched up, and I was thinking about buying this Kensington CD Scratch repair kit to try to fix it.....is this stuff ok to use?

yup, it just takes off a thin layer of the disk plastic. You can also use car wax if you just want to buff it by hand.

Hitman101
01-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Don't buy all those kits with paste's and stuff like that just buy the disc Dr. Truste me its a monster at cleaning scratches off of dirty discs, Plus its only $ 19.99 !!!!

jhsu
01-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Disc DR? what is that? and where can you find it?(I'm going with this Kensington fluid stuff because it's at staples, which is 2 minutes from my house)

jhsu
01-23-2003, 05:58 PM
and does that CD scratch repairing stuff really work? like right now one of the cinematics in DOA3 is stuttering and freezing(definitely cuz of a scratch on a CD)...will this stuff fix it?

LynxFX
01-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Well as Kraft said it takes off a thin layer of the disc plastic to remove the deep scratches. However you will notice that your disc looks even worse than it did prior to using the disc doctor. It will be covered with swirly scratches. You can only do this a few times before your disc is completely unuseable.

But it does work.

The waxes work as well.

Snoopy7548
01-23-2003, 07:40 PM
you can also use an electric sander and sand it down.

Cloud Strife
01-23-2003, 07:45 PM
There is a local videogame store in my area that repairs disc for $15. That's pretty expensive to me. Luckily, I never scratch one disc because I treat my games like they were my kids.;)

Snoopy7548
01-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Luckily, I never scratch one disc because I treat my games like they were my kids.;)

hahaha i just thought of something funny

Hitman101
01-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Sorry the name is Skip Dr. I bought mine 2 months ago and its save my Halo, DOA3, and JSRF discs plus they played like new !!

http://www.digitalinnovations.com/

Insane Jester
01-24-2003, 08:18 AM
Well i did something really naughty once hehe .. I borrowed my m8 grand theft auto on the ps2. when it came back it wouldnt work it was scratched to hell .. (mybe he had been ice skateing on it). after a huge argument with him and the phrase "youll never borrow anything again ever" i took the game to the local games store. for £4 i swapped it for another second hand game. (carnt remember which one) then took that game to the local market where they have a games store there. for £2.50 i swapped that game for grand theft auto and walked away. so for £6.50 i got back another copy of grand theft auto and never borrowed anyone any of my games again ..

tWoTOMA
01-26-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Insane Jester
Well i did something really naughty once hehe .. I borrowed my m8 grand theft auto on the ps2. when it came back it wouldnt work it was scratched to hell .. (mybe he had been ice skateing on it). after a huge argument with him and the phrase "youll never borrow anything again ever" i took the game to the local games store. for £4 i swapped it for another second hand game. (carnt remember which one) then took that game to the local market where they have a games store there. for £2.50 i swapped that game for grand theft auto and walked away. so for £6.50 i got back another copy of grand theft auto and never borrowed anyone any of my games again ..

ahem. perhaps you LOANED or ALLOWED YOUR FRIEND TO BORROW, but you certainly didn't borrow your friend a game. the action that you intend to describe cannot possibly be "borrow"; it is the exact opposite of the meaning of borrow. thanks.