PDA

View Full Version : [New]Microsoft to Buy Lamborghini !!!![New]

Hitman101
01-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Looks like Microsoft is going to buy the rights to Lamborghini the the first racer to support Xbox Live which was almost wiped out bacause of Rage's company problems. Looks like this one is going to get a quick save at the hands of microsoft !!:cool:

By Cesar
01.23.2003 @ 06:11 PM

Bill Gleeson, from the IC Network, reported today that Microsoft Game Studios is interested in acquiring the intellectual property rights to the "Automobili Lamborghini" racing game from the Liverpool-based firm Rage. If this happens to be true, "Automobili Lamborghini" won't be a multiplatform title anymore and will become an Xbox exclusive.

Liverpool-based Rage Software closed its doors last week and went into receivership. The company was also developing Team SAS.

http://www.teamxbox.com/images/dailyposts/boxart/lamborghini.jpg

Lamborghini will be the first broadband capable racing game designed for Xbox LIVE; the game will allow players to take their collection of cars online and compete with other drivers around the world.

"Automobili Lamborghini" will allow the player to join the 'Lamborghini Millionaires Club', founded by high-rolling millionaires with a passion for speed, risk and Lamborghini, and race in a series of leagues set in exotic locations around the world. Members can indulge in high stakes challenges to build up the ultimate collection of Lamborghini vehicles and can also obtain rare and collectable vehicles by entering special 'pink slip challenges' where large sums of money and cars may be won and lost.

At the time of going to press there was no Microsoft or Rage representative available. We'll have more on this as it develops. Thanks Frank Lorito for the heads-up.

FuNkY mOnK
01-23-2003, 09:36 PM
Nice and serious cover art.

Cloud Strife
01-23-2003, 09:39 PM
I'll admit that's one of the best box arts I ever seen. However, it still does't compare to the one of Brave Knight, Innocent Tears, and Galaxy Angel.

Knight
01-23-2003, 09:40 PM
Why doesn't microsoft just hire the fools that worked for rage to make more XBox games?

Kraft
01-23-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Knight
Why doesn't microsoft just hire the fools that worked for rage to make more XBox games?

Because they are too busy trying to buy everyone else at the moment :D

TEA
01-23-2003, 11:29 PM
My dreams will come true.I will own a Lamborghini.I wonder can you customize it like mix n match colors, change the rims, and I wonder will doors open up like a real one.Nice Find.It will be nice add on to my library.

J Dub
01-24-2003, 12:44 AM
I think Microsoft could buy a bunch of Lamborghini's. :rolleyes:

FuNkY mOnK
01-24-2003, 07:03 AM
I saw a Diablo the other day at the station, a very serious looking machine.

Insane Jester
01-24-2003, 07:55 AM
I seen a game t.v show last week and they where showing clips and talking to one of rage's developers about this game. They even gave it a release date. Carnt remember the date now but this game looks great.

canadianboi3
01-24-2003, 09:41 AM
my uncle has a lambourghini diablo. yellow with chrome rims. $HIT. NICE CAR. HE drove me to my freinds party. al these chix were all jumpin around tryin to get me. but i dont think that was becuase of the car;)

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-24-2003, 09:54 AM
if only microsoft was smart enough to buy the rights to splinter Cell......Hey, lets just buy up everything so we can have total control....

Snoopy7548
01-24-2003, 01:32 PM
sweet. this game looks awesome. the box art is so cool. im gonna get this game when it comes out:D