PDA

View Full Version : Hold on to your WRECKLESS!!!!!

xbox genius
01-23-2003, 10:34 PM
man i wish Bankasha gives us some booster discs to update our wreckless... we coould have more vehicles, MORE LEVELS, and even roam mode, oh and dont forget teh multiplayer modes too... man i really wish they would have updates. anyone agree?

p.s. i loved wreckless, it was crazy the first time i played it, now it sucks, cant beleive i wasted 50 good greenbacks for this game.:(

Mega Gamer
01-23-2003, 11:20 PM
Well, Wreckles was a crappy game when it came out and i really dont like the game any more, so i wouldnt really care if a booster disk came out.

VenoM
01-24-2003, 01:35 AM
i love wreckless....i think its pretty fun :)

LynxFX
01-24-2003, 01:41 AM
I thought wreckless was a pretty solid title minus the fact that it was too short and we had no roaming feature.

A booster disc would be nice but I don't think one is coming, unless you heard otherwise.

I do hope a Wreckless 2 comes out though, and put that sucker on LIVE. :)

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 06:36 AM
I personally enjoyed Wreckless a bit. The only problem I had with it was the controls were sloppy.

Insane Jester
01-24-2003, 07:59 AM
many many times have i seen this game for rent or sale . many many times have i walked by it. infact on tuesday i went to trade in splinter cell and timsplitters 2 i saw it for sale second hand for only £8.00 which is hella cheap. but ive heard bad reports about this game so i never bother getting it.. seeing the mixed views on here i might get it next time im in the shop and give it ago.

bbchs_trash
01-24-2003, 08:33 AM
Once again...

This too is available for $9.99 w/coupon at my local EB. Its only $19.99 new and there is a $10 instant savings coupon on the counter for it.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-24-2003, 09:46 AM
This game taught me about being suck-in to buy a game with great graphics only to find out it's got lousy gameplay...Wreckless , and Raw go into the great graphic lousy gameplay slots of videogame history

EHWfedPres
01-24-2003, 11:17 AM
I think just driving around on mission A7 and causing mass destruction is fun. I got some really great replays saved from that.

LynxFX
01-24-2003, 12:12 PM
yeah, driving around with the tank and just blow crap up is very similar to why GTA3 is a fun game. That is why I wish they gave us a free roam feature. :(

But there are some great places to do some crazy jumps.

Unreal
01-24-2003, 12:19 PM
I loved Wreckless and I do not plan on getting rid of the game. I went into my purchase knowing what I was getting and that was an arcade racer of sorts. Anyone who expected otherwise would be setting themselves up for a fall. On a side note, I would love to see a booster disc :D

ShannonX
01-24-2003, 12:32 PM
the game was rushed, they didn't have the time to finish the game like they wanted to. Rumor has it that the company that made wreckless is making another game with the same graphics (or better) but with added gameplay (think GTA3) where you can drive around, and get out of your car. No clue if it will actually happen, but it would certainly be awesome if they did.

EHWfedPres
01-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Im stuck on one mission in each campaign...if anyone would be so kind as to put the completed game on a memory card and mail it to me...i'll be very thankful...:D

Snoopy7548
01-24-2003, 01:30 PM
wreckless was an awesome game, but it would be better if it had a free roam mode.

LynxFX
01-24-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
Rumor has it that the company that made wreckless is making another game with the same graphics (or better) but with added gameplay (think GTA3) where you can drive around, and get out of your car. No clue if it will actually happen, but it would certainly be awesome if they did.

That would be awesome. I very much liked the style of the graphics in Wreckless so a GTA3 style game with those graphics would be incredible.

JJaX
01-24-2003, 01:46 PM
I had fun reading the manual while i took a dump. Thats about it....

true story

Kraft
01-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
I had fun reading the manual while i took a dump. Thats about it....

true story

Hahahaha, that is where I read most of my game manuals as well. Get home, unwrap game, realize I have to go, take game manual with me. It is almost a ritual.

Hitman101
01-24-2003, 02:10 PM
Haha, same here Kraft. Oh... wait I have to go now!!!:D

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Unreal
I loved Wreckless and I do not plan on getting rid of the game. I went into my purchase knowing what I was getting and that was an arcade racer of sorts. Anyone who expected otherwise would be setting themselves up for a fall. On a side note, I would love to see a booster disc :D So would I.;) I thought I was one of the only ones who liked that game.

I found Wreckless to be very entertaining. Probably because I like Crazy Taxi 3 and Smashing Drive.:D

xbox genius
01-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
the game was rushed, they didn't have the time to finish the game like they wanted to. Rumor has it that the company that made wreckless is making another game with the same graphics (or better) but with added gameplay (think GTA3) where you can drive around, and get out of your car. No clue if it will actually happen, but it would certainly be awesome if they did.

very interesting... new game with same or BETTER graphics. man i just hope they add roam mode and u can actually have some gameplay, but i liked it still.

xbox genius
01-24-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
So would I.;) I thought I was one of the only ones who liked that game.

I found Wreckless to be very entertaining. Probably because I like Crazy Taxi 3 and Smashing Drive.:D

i like wreckless alot too, but i dont paly it no more cuz no replay value in it... i still have it. man if they are making a new game they better make more levels and roam mode and gettting out of cars and MULTIPLAYER! cuz then this game would kick gta's butt, well maybe.

EHWfedPres
01-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Hahahaha, that is where I read most of my game manuals as well. Get home, unwrap game, realize I have to go, take game manual with me. It is almost a ritual.

I do that with video game magazines...whenever i have to go, i take an xbox mag with me...and usually half way thru an article, i realize that I dont have to go anymore...:D

FuNkY mOnK
01-25-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Hahahaha, that is where I read most of my game manuals as well. Get home, unwrap game, realize I have to go, take game manual with me. It is almost a ritual. This is the sign of true gamers. sometimes my legs fall a sleep and cant move for 10 minutes.

c--b
01-25-2003, 01:10 PM
The only downfall about this game is:

Too short

Cars/objects dissapearing after a bit

No roam mode

I was ****ed off after I purchased it....

An update would be nice...

xbox genius
01-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by c--b

Too short

No roam mode

ya i was pretty ticked off too when i bought it for 50 bucks... oh and to add to your list, no multiplayer...

thAshAdyOne
01-25-2003, 08:37 PM
i hate Wreckless!!! thats how the makers of the game were...WRECKLESS!:mad:

Cloud Strife
01-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by c--b

Too short

No roam mode

Originally posted by XxShAdYoUtHxX
i hate Wreckless!!! thats how the makers of the game were...WRECKLESS!:mad: I don't think the developers are Wreckless or anything. The game is actually called Double S.T.E.E.L in Japan. It was Activison who came up with the name Wreckless. The game was rushed because it was suppossed to come out when the Xbox launced in Japan. That explains why there wasn't much to the game. That is why Bunkasha Publishing is making a brand new game using the Wreckless graphic engine and improving the game in everyway. Bunkasha didn't do the PS2 and GC versions. European developer Stealth did. It's a great idea that their is a time limit because it makes the game tougher with more replayability to the levels. What would be so great about free roam. It would get boring very quickly like Sunday Drving in Simpsons Road Rage.

Snoopy7548
01-25-2003, 09:17 PM
yea, sunday drive did get boring, but you couldnt do anything in that game, except drive around. but in wreckless, you can like run into things and make sweet replays and stuff.

EHWfedPres
01-25-2003, 10:37 PM
It would be cool to make a new post seeing how far people actually got in the game. I remember when it first came out, everyone loved it, and they were posting their number of cars destroyed and objects destroyed, etc. I have over 11 hours in the game already, not counting the times I forgot to save...

I find it odd how the game is called Wreckless...which means lack of wrecks...it should be called Reckless...but oh well. ;)

xbox genius
01-26-2003, 01:23 AM
I don't think the developers are Wreckless or anything. The game is actually called Double S.T.E.E.L in Japan. It was Activison who came up with the name Wreckless. The game was rushed because it was suppossed to come out when the Xbox launced in Japan. That explains why there wasn't much to the game. That is why Bunkasha Publishing is making a brand new game using the Wreckless graphic engine and improving the game in everyway. Bunkasha didn't do the PS2 and GC versions. European developer Stealth did. It's a great idea that their is a time limit because it makes the game tougher with more replayability to the levels. What would be so great about free roam. It would get boring very quickly like Sunday Drving in Simpsons Road Rage.

man how do you get all this info? but man for a minute there i thought bunkasha screwed us over... anyways whats teh new game called?

Cloud Strife
01-26-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by xbox genius
man how do you get all this info? but man for a minute there i thought bunkasha screwed us over... anyways whats teh new game called? Who knows. Every single rumor section said they were developing a new game using the Wreckless graphics engine. I have no idea what the new game is going to be called yet. I just know that they were planning to make the game where you can get out of the car and run around the street.

xbox genius
01-27-2003, 12:59 AM
Who knows. Every single rumor section said they were developing a new game using the Wreckless graphics engine. I have no idea what the new game is going to be called yet. I just know that they were planning to make the game where you can get out of the car and run around the street.

yay this is gonna be lotta fun!