PDA

View Full Version : Capcom vs SNK 2 EO Hands-on from GS

RudedogX
01-24-2003, 08:17 AM
Wow, I think they actually liked it! Now we'll just have to see how crappy their review of the game is!

Gamespot Capcom vs SNK 2 EO Hand-On Review (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2909522,00.html)

studepaber
01-24-2003, 08:26 AM
HEh of course they like it, it's not like it's an xbox exclusive or something. thanks for the linky.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-24-2003, 09:57 AM
it's a great game...had it on the dreamcast about 2 or 3 years ago.....

Dark Enemy
01-24-2003, 12:37 PM
They like it now watch wat they give it when it comes out :(

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 12:53 PM
I was surprised they liked it. I won't be suprise if they still find a way to rate it lower than the PS2 version.:(

I'm posting again at college.:)

RudedogX
01-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I'm posting again at college.:)
I don't mean to sound like an ass but...we needed to know that because?:confused:

Kraft
01-24-2003, 01:09 PM
Yeah, even though they liked the live play, I expect to see it have a low score. why? "Even though the graphics and gameplay were wonderful and better than any other console, we don't feel this is what the xbox is capable of. 6/10." What a bunch of weiners.

JJaX
01-24-2003, 01:55 PM
I might pick this up just because competion will be fierce. Im not a huge capcom fighter fan, but im sure i can pick it up.

RudedogX
01-24-2003, 02:04 PM
Well, already know quite a few that have this preordered, so you can bet it'll be a good Live game! Casper and I will definetly be on it the first or second day!

Hitman101
01-24-2003, 02:07 PM
This game is on my wanted list now. You peps better prepare for an a$ woopin'.

GokuX
01-24-2003, 02:32 PM
I actually think they're gonna give it a lower rating because the characters are pixelated which is just a result of the game's age. This was an issue with EGM (which gave the game a silver award), but it seems like Gamespot will sometimes take graphical issues on the Xbox and reduce the rating with more weight given to graphics. I'd wager 7/10.

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 02:35 PM
I'm still picking up this game no matter what. I like 2-D fighters and my Xbox badly needs one. But there's one problem. It come out around the same time as Guilty Gear X2 and I preferred Guilty Gear X over Capcom vs. SNK.:confused:

Ninja Scroll
01-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Hitman101
This game is on my wanted list now. You peps better prepare for an a$ woopin'.

Yo Hitman, I know your refering to everyone but your XBA Role Model-Ninja Pimp, so im not gonna get offended by your comment. ;)

Yo everyone, this is on my most wanted list too. Just for da fact it's da first Fighting Game on LIVE! If it were just release w/o XBL support I would'nt even take a second look at it.

Shoot, I have had mines pre-ordered over at www.gamestop.com for 2-3 months now!:o

Da games gonna be $39.99 everywhere, so you cant beat dat with a bat!

so you can get wit dis, or you can get wit dat, what!, cause dis is where its' at,..yo/ engine, engine number 9, on da NY state line, if my train goes off da tracks pick it up, pick it up, pick it up, YO!

:D anyone remember dat joint!? It's a classic!:cool:

GokuX
01-24-2003, 02:41 PM
I'm all ready to bust out some Ryo and Terry. Hmmm I probably need to practice.

Liquid Gears
01-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Ohhh............now it's February 11th

That's it........keep changin' the date :rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
I'm all ready to bust out some Ryo and Terry. Hmmm I probably need to practice. Terry is my character dude along with Ryu. I am unstopable with those two. I will destroy everyone with those characters on Xbox Live.

I'm the one the uses Terry because we both have the same first name.:)

GokuX
01-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

Liq U got Live yet?

Ninja Scroll
01-24-2003, 02:48 PM
I actually think they're gonna give it a lower rating because the characters are pixelated which is just a result of the game's age. This was an issue with EGM (which gave the game a silver award), but it seems like Gamespot will sometimes take graphical issues on the Xbox and reduce the rating with more weight given to graphics. I'd wager 7/10.

EGM gave it low scores cause they recieved an early version with a shiii load of lag.
As you can see from gamespot they just finished playing da final version.

If you ask me, dis game does'nt deserve more than a 5 or 6 out of 10. Only thing it has going for it is XBL support.
Remember, dis game was on Dreamcast and is old as hell.
Bottom line is, da game is fun when playing with friends.
I dont care what gamespot says cause it's academic.
Getting upset at dem for poor Xbox reviews is tired news.
Just except they are biased. It's da way of life.

Just look at me! I want Phoney and all there sissy P0S2 console to rot in eternal hell! :D

I'm still picking up this game no matter what. I like 2-D fighters and my Xbox badly needs one. But there's one problem. It come out around the same time as Guilty Gear X2 and I preferred Guilty Gear X over Capcom vs. SNK.:confused:

Guilty Gear is guilty just like SNK. Two cheapskate Street Fighter rip-offs.:rolleyes:

borka105
01-24-2003, 02:50 PM
I will pick this one up too.

Maybe Jjax, and rudedogX will finally play me in a game other than Ghost Recon.

*Mechassault is where it's at now, and no-body can beat me in fever!

-borka105

Ninja Scroll
01-24-2003, 02:50 PM

Dont worry your wittle head Liquid Gerber Baby ( :D ) , da date is final dis time.

It ships on 2/11 and will be in stores nationwide on da 12th!

so tell me, when are you getting LIVE? no more excuses since you claim to be da 2-D hardcore kid.:)

Ninja Scroll
01-24-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by borka105

-borka105

Maybe cause your da only slap-nut at XBA who owns Fever!:rolleyes:

;)

Anywho, I dont use SNK characters, they are all Street Fighter rejects anyways.

Ninja's gonna mop da floor on all y'all sucka's wit my homies Akuma, Ken, Ryu, Blanka, Chun-Li, Guile, Sagat, & E Honda!

Com'get you some foo!!!:cool:

The Jackal
01-24-2003, 03:00 PM
I'm all ready to bust out some Ryo and Terry. Hmmm I probably need to practice.

Ryo? aahhh come on at least pick the original, Ryu, not the wanna be Ryo

borka105
01-24-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Maybe cause your da only slap-nut at XBA who owns Fever!:rolleyes:

;)

Anywho, I dont use SNK characters, they are all Street Fighter rejects anyways.

Ninja's gonna mop da floor on all y'all sucka's wit my homies Akuma, Ken, Ryu, Blanka, Chun-Li, Guile, Sagat, & E Honda!

Com'get you some foo!!!:cool:

It's not my fault that you're to blind to see the good in Fever. If you like the many glitches and bugs that a game can offer, then be my guest and continue to play 2k3.

The interphase is better, the gameplay is smoother, and the competition is fierce. Once you've experienced fever on live, you'll know why 2k3 is not even in the same league.

Do yourself a favor, no matter how much you hate fever, rent it and experience it on live...... you'll never come back to 2k3.. that's my promise, and it seems like over 30,000 people agree with me.

-borka105

GokuX
01-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by The Jackal
Ryo? aahhh come on at least pick the original, Ryu, not the wanna be Ryo

Well Ryo has the larger fireball and the E-honda lighting punch deal going on.

JJaX
01-24-2003, 03:35 PM
I will pick this one up too.

Maybe Jjax, and rudedogX will finally play me in a game other than Ghost Recon.

-borka105

BWHahahaah he said mech assault!

borka105
01-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
BWHahahaah he said mech assault!

it's ok, I know you don't have the skillz to compete :)

I am sure if you practice and practice, you'll get much better.

-borka105

Ninja Scroll
01-24-2003, 03:48 PM

The interphase is better, the gameplay is smoother, and the competition is fierce. Once you've experienced fever on live, you'll know why 2k3 is not even in the same league.

-borka105

I'll give you dat. 2K3 is filled with more bugs than there are roaches in JJax's crib!:eek:
Shoot, I cant even count how many times my sorry CB's jumped 20 yards before da ball even got close and costed me a TD or game. :(

Sega has there work cut out for dem for 2K4.
Another thing is, they need to do something about all those sluts in da LeaderBoard who are cheating.

I remember whoopin 3 or 4 of dem and then they run out of bounds to stop da clock and never continue da game in hopes da other person will just quit so they can get a win even knowing they suck and lose da game.

I hate whores like dat who aint man enough to take a fair and square lose.

And what's da point in reporting it in da option menu?
It aint like they will do something about it. :rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 03:57 PM
As far as 2-D fighters go Ninja Scroll, SNK and Arc Systems are much better at making those games. There games have more depth to each character. I still think Capcom makes great 2-D fighters, but no one outpowers SNK.;)

Ninja Scroll
01-24-2003, 04:23 PM
As far as 2-D fighters go Ninja Scroll, SNK and Arc Systems are much better at making those games. There games have more depth to each character. I still think Capcom makes great 2-D fighters, but no one outpowers SNK.;)

I'll put it dis way junior, if there was never a Capcom fighter, you would have never heard of SNK.
No one can beat the original.

Da Street Fighter series is vastly more respected than SNK.
I mean com'on, SNK went out of business for crying out loud.:rolleyes:
I know someone bought the rights to da same or something I heard like dat not too long ago.

Either way everyone has there opinions.
And I don respect dem unless they agree with mines!:D

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 05:48 PM
I'll put it dis way junior, if there was never a Capcom fighter, you would have never heard of SNK.
No one can beat the original.

Da Street Fighter series is vastly more respected than SNK.
I mean com'on, SNK went out of business for crying out loud.:rolleyes:
I know someone bought the rights to da same or something I heard like dat not too long ago.

Either way everyone has there opinions.
And I don respect dem unless they agree with mines!:D SNK never had much money to make games. However, the company still actually exist today. They are known as Playmore. You just don't like them because their supporting PS2 and not Xbox. SNK games are made for true figthing game fans. Not ones that like to button mash their way to victory. A lot of strategy is involved in those games also.

As far as Guilty Gear goes, I'd be surprised if you actually played it because the DC version didn't come out hear but the PS2 version did. The gameplay is far superior to any 2-D fighter on the market and quite a refreshing title. The game even uses a special 2-D graphics engine that make all Capcom Fighters look dated. Guilty Gear X also has some of the best anime and music to ever grace a fighting game.

Liquid Gears
01-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Liq U got Live yet?

Dont worry your wittle head Liquid Gerber Baby ( :D ) , da date is final dis time.

It ships on 2/11 and will be in stores nationwide on da 12th!

so tell me, when are you getting LIVE? no more excuses since you claim to be da 2-D hardcore kid.:)

I don't know guys........probably never. I don't know what the deal is over here. I might get it for my birthday on Feb 2nd........who knows :confused:

BTW: When I do get it, you two and Burning Ranger are definitely the first 3 guys who are going on my list :)

RudedogX
01-24-2003, 09:21 PM
it's ok, I know you don't have the skillz to compete :)

I am sure if you practice and practice, you'll get much better.

-borka105
Even when I played it, I was still able to beat you! That game has been collecting dust for me for a while now. Sorry, I just prefer a game that actually requires strategy instead of strafing in front of about 10 other mechs who are all shooting at each other in a seemingly random fashion.:confused:

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 10:10 PM
I don't know guys........probably never. I don't know what the deal is over here. I might get it for my birthday on Feb 2nd........who knows :confused:

BTW: When I do get it, you two and Burning Ranger are definitely the first 3 guys who are going on my list :) It's okay that you don't have Live yet. You knw that I don't either.
A few reasons I don't have Live:

-My Xbox gives me trouble despite repairing it.
-My Dad hasn't purchased a new router yet because mine only has two ports.
-Who knows whether the wireless ethernet cable my Dad is going to buy is going to work correctly to my Xbox.
-I don't have a credit card.
-I don't have a job.
-I don't have a lot of time.
-I don't always play my videogame systems.
-I'm worried about the monthly payents when my 1 yr. is up.
-No anime, RPG's, Puzzle, Fighting, Full version racing games yet.
-I'm not very excited about it because I never seen anyone play Xbox Live. I'm not psyched.
-Not sure how my Verizon DSL is going to work with it.
-I can be either too quiet or too talkative.
-I have trouble getting along with others sometimes.
-The current games, I'm not skilled at them right now.
-I have trouble installing things.
-My parents would probably never let me have it.
-None of my local friends have Broadband or Xbox.
-I may be going away to college next semester.
-Worried about breaking headset.
-I still have several Offline games to purchase
-I have zero Online Xbox games at the moment.

These are my reasons for me not having Live at the moment. I will determine whether I'll buy it or not.

borka105
01-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Even when I played it, I was still able to beat you! That game has been collecting dust for me for a while now. Sorry, I just prefer a game that actually requires strategy instead of strafing in front of about 10 other mechs who are all shooting at each other in a seemingly random fashion.:confused:

I don't think you ever beat me. Sure when we made a quick 4 on 4 team destructions and everyone was just running around crazy shooting w/e........ that wasn't fun, in fact that was the worst experience I ever had in Mechassault.

We had no teamwork and no strategizing....

*I've added about 30 people who just play Mechassault, and all our games are neck and neck. The reason that game is collecting dust, is you are not playing the right people, and you are not playing the right way. It's easy to tell who is good and who isn't.....

it's too bad you don't want to give this game another chance. Each night is filled with some of the best gaming moments that I have ever experienced playing Mechassault.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets end this talk cause I don't want to ruin this read about Capcom vs. SNK 2.

-borka105

Liquid Gears
01-25-2003, 09:20 PM
You know, what's with this game? I know for a fact that this game will be SICK! But, what's with the release dates? I mean common, first it's gonna be released in November the they back it up to December then they push it back some more to January and now it's supposed to be released in February. What the fu*k's goin' on here? Is this game even coming out for XBox? Doesn't CAPCOM like XBox?

I'm really starting to lose my hipe over this delaying. It's pi$$in' me off! My hipe has now shifted over to KUNG FU CHAOS!!! #$%@$%@$& does this game look SWEET!!

Cloud Strife
01-25-2003, 09:36 PM
You know, what's with this game? I know for a fact that this game will be SICK! But, what's with the release dates? I mean common, first it's gonna be released in November the they back it up to December then they push it back some more to January and now it's supposed to be released in February. What the fu*k's goin' on here? Is this game even coming out for XBox? Doesn't CAPCOM like XBox?

I'm really starting to lose my hipe over this delaying. It's pi$$in' me off! My hipe has now shifted over to KUNG FU CHAOS!!! #$%@$%@$& does this game look SWEET!! Don't worry man, the game will be out on that day. Capcom has already released Capcom vs. SNK 2 in Japan right now. Capcom will release the Xbox version on 2/12. I probably won't be able to get it until April but I'm buying it.:)