PDA

View Full Version : Sympatico High Speed users.... PLEASE REPLY

truthandsoul
01-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Hey kids... I'm looking for sympatico high speed users, and opinions. Have you had any major problems with set up, or service? and most importantly...How is XBOX LIVE with sympatico? I live in a super small sticksville town in Ontario. I was ready to give up any hope of high speed service, but decided to check again on sympatico availibility and SWEET FREAKIN HOORAY! IT'S HERE! I'm hoping to hear that it's all good and worth the $$$, but please respond with honest opinions....

BL4ZE
01-24-2003, 12:18 PM
Hey Im from Ontario too, and I use sympatico High speed. I like it, I'v had it for like 3 years. When I first got it the ethernet adapter they gave me didn't work with my comp so I had to buy another one. But after I got a new comp the one I bought wouldn't work and the one they gave me did:eek: . And it works fine with Xbox live.

The Informer
01-24-2003, 11:09 PM
Sympatico still exists? I thought they were bought out by Telus?

wweomaniac
01-25-2003, 09:47 AM
k, let me give you the facts.... or my experience.

I live in Ottawa, not to far away from Stitsville. Perhaps I'm the only one who has experienced this, but Sympatico HSE sucks for XBox live.

It actually isn't me who has HSE, but my friend. He ahs it b/c he gets a big discount with it... but I personally don't think its worth it. We both play NFL 2k3, and whenever he plays me in 2k3, it freezes at least 2 times in every game due to lag. This lag rarely occurs when I play anyone else, only him. And i get lag every time I played him, and I use to play him often. There hasn't been one time I haven't gotten lag.

so I don't think its worth paying $5 lesss for HSE and receiving a 1.3 Mb/s badwidth, is worth it. Pay an extra $5 and get cable with 3 MB/s bandwidth.