PDA

View Full Version : NHL Hitz '03

Casper
01-24-2003, 12:03 PM
For all those that own this game...I have a serious issue and want to see who else this has happened with.

I'm on my 2nd disk now and here's all the crap that I've found wrong on this game.

Create a franchise and finish franchise mode and then bring them into a new league against the rest of the NHL. Since you can't win the Stanely Cup with the Franchise, because all you can get is the Midway, I traded all the guys to the Devils ( thinking that they would win the Stanley) but now, when loading the Season, it freezes up every time.

Also, there is one song that is always getting chopped up (called "Front End Music" which you can't remove from the jukebox). Another bug, during seasons, when trying to view Team Report, it'll freeze also.

I've contacted Midway about this already, and basically was told that when using a created team and when the jukebox is on....so far, I deleted all my stuff and started a new franchise and am awaiting to get to the new season for it to work....we shall see...

But I'm wondering if there was anyone else that got this, cuz out of the 50 games that I have owned already , this one of my ultimate favs and the only one causing me problems.

:confused:

EHWfedPres
01-24-2003, 11:20 PM
my game freezes all the time...on the second disc also...

Geezer1287
02-06-2003, 10:31 AM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN SECOND DISC THERES ONLY 1! ??????
HOW CUMZ U ALL GOT TWO, ARE THEY BEING PREJUDICED AGAINST THE BRITISH!":mad: :mad: :mad:
The game itself r=still rulz though

Casper
02-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Geezer1287
WHAT DO YOU MEAN SECOND DISC THERES ONLY 1! ??????
HOW CUMZ U ALL GOT TWO, ARE THEY BEING PREJUDICED AGAINST THE BRITISH!":mad: :mad: :mad:
The game itself r=still rulz though

Relax mate :)

I went and bought a second disk....meaning that my first game was unplayable, so I went and bought another one....either or, I spoke with Midway already and this is what I got from them.

Thank you for contacting Midway Games. My apologies for not getting in touch in a more timely manner. There have been some issues with this game, particularly in taking a franchise into the season mode. The problem appears to be associated with the soundtrack. Try turning off the jukebox (options:sound options: rock) and going with just the crowd noise. Also, do you have a large amount of music loaded on your console? This too can cause problems. Please let me know if this helps your situation

And I replied with: Originally, I did use the soundtrack, but then just changed it to your music to just your music and the play by play/color commentary, still had the problems. And now, after getting the 2nd disk, I took off the 5 CD's worth of music that I had on there, and it's still happening...why would that even matter though? I mean, you should have had the game made to fit Xbox's stuff, right? Please let me know, because I'm not about to go waste any more on this game, as I'm up to $85 already.

They in return said

I do not know why this would cause the problem, I just know that it seems to be a factor. I will gladly replace your disk with any of our other current XBOX titles if this is an acceptable alternative.

So I asked - "Honestly, this is one of my fav games that I play now, so I just wish that I could get a working one, ya know? Is there some kind of patch that they will do for this?"

And what shocked me, was the reply

Not that I know of at this time, but if they decide to port the game to ‘live’ capabilities, patches could become available. I will keep your email address and let you know if anything changes.

Claire Moore

Customer Service Manager

Midway Games

:eek:

Geezer1287
02-06-2003, 10:49 AM
oh well i only spent £15 and its me fave game to date:p