PDA

View Full Version : Tired of people getting free goodies from DSL, you can too!

battledrill
01-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Hi,

Id like to think of this as a public service announcement, in the tradition of helping each other out. This will help not only those who will get DSL but also established users, read on.

I recently became enraged to find out that all these people that signed for Verizon or Earthlink DSL were getting amazing gifts with no catch at all.

Verizon was/is offering January subscribers one choice of the following:

1. Free Xbox Live starter kit $49.99 (certificate)
2. 50$ off an Xbox system purchase
3. 25$ Virtual Mastercard

Earthlink was/is offering:

1. $50 Gamestop Gift Certificate. Good for anything in the store

I became so mad to know that I currently have had Verizon for DSL use and did not get a dang thing. So what did I do? I called and basically said the following:

" I am very disappointed in the fact that so many offers are available for so many people, and here I am, an avid established user not being given a thing. I wanted to tell you (Verizon) that earthlink offers very enticing deals/plans to switch over to them, and I might just do that"

(note, i had already called earthlink about service, they did not offer service in my area. Did i tell Verizon this ? yeah right)

Verizon representative -" Ok sir, I am going to transfer you to a DSL department represantative, and i want you to tell him/her the exact same thing you told me"

New Verizon Represantive - " Sir, I understand your concerns. .... I cant offer you any of those things, there is no way I can pull strings to get you those things because they are only for new users. However, I will now GIVE YOU 2 FREE MONTHS OF DSL SERVICE, WITH NO CATCH, HOWS THAT? With your permisssion of course.

Me -" Sounds like a plan, can i get a confirmation number on this, "yes you can sure here it is #######".

New Verizon Representative - " You will have a credit of 119.65 on your next bills, thank you so much for calling, we appreciate having you as a customer"

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? CALL AND SAY YOU ARE UNHAPPY AND WANT SOME ICING ON THE CAKE?

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, BEAT AROUND THE BUSH! DONT MENTION TECHNICALITIES ETC.

Hope this helps you guys. The representatives seem used to this kind of stuff and want you as their customer, and will do whatever it takes to keep you.:)

Kraft
01-24-2003, 01:11 PM
Hahah, way to go. It is really easy to get stuff from companies just by complaining about stuff. I complained about the runniness of the soup today to someone in our cafeteria, and I got my entire lunch for free, and a promise they would correct it. Being a prick pays off from time to time.

JeremyX
01-25-2003, 01:56 AM
You have the coolest Avatar and sig here. I love The Ultimates. Hardly anyone here reads comics. What other comics do you read?

Oh yeah, I've done that once already. I also did that with my phone company. They sent me a $50 check.

dogemon
01-25-2003, 02:41 AM
Thanks Jeremy. I Love your sig too, if only i could afford it. How much is it anyway? You know, your precious. I read these comics also:

Iron Man
Thor (getting really good)
Ultimate War
New X Men
Wolverine
Avengers
Batman (jim lee and jeph loeb drewlssss)
Y the last man
Out There

and CAPTAIN MARVEL!!!! If your not reading it, get it now. I guarantee you will love it its only on issue 4. Hes basically able to do anything he wants, for example make the punisher cry and get on his knees and invade the shiar empire and scare all 5000 of them. Truly good.

So what do you like?

P.S. Iron man needs a good writer badly!

Cloud Strife
01-25-2003, 08:13 AM
I already have DSL so this doesn't concern me much. However, it use to because my Dad was waiting too long to get DSL connection.:( I am hoping I'll be able to get Boradband when I move out of the house in five years.

Snake Eyez
01-25-2003, 06:13 PM
You can also do the same thing with your credit card to reduce your interest rate. That is if you are in good standing with them of course.