PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

jhsu
01-24-2003, 04:24 PM
My DOA3 CD is pretty screwed up....I don't know what happened, but over the course of a few hours the game started to stutter during the FMV finales for Hitomi(the runaway Shinobi). I assumed it was because I didn't clean the CD, so I cleaned it with a cloth...didn't work. I then went out and got a CD Scratch Repair kit and used it on the CD(SkipDr), and it also didn't work. I used that Scratch repair kit 3 to 4 times on that CD, and it didn't do squat. I called Microsoft, and they assured me that since my other games worked great, it wasn't the fault of the XBOX. So now what should I do? go out and buy a new copy? (I purchased the game January 18th from an online retailer, www.dragon.ca)...suggestions?

Ninja Scroll
01-24-2003, 04:30 PM
1 of 2 things I would suggest.

1. email there customer service and explain your defected disc.

Or 2, go to Blockbuster and rent DOA3, then when it's time to return it-give dem your screwed up disc!:D

naw mean?

jhsu
01-24-2003, 04:36 PM
lol, I like the blockbuster idea, but I don't think that'd work...I don't have one of them fancy stickers for the CD. but anyway, I've emailed the retailer about my situation.....do u think they'd offer a refund/exchange?

VenoM
01-24-2003, 04:55 PM
well....forget the BB thing youd need a cd sticker ....what you do is go to walmart or anywhere else (walmart is a good place cause there stupid with exchanges)....go to a place and buy a brand new copy of the game....then go back the next and tell them you want a refund cause the game doesnt work.....got it?...so you keep the new copy and place the old copy in the case....they'll give ya a refund cause you have a receipt :D hope that works

Ninja Scroll
01-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by jhsu
lol, I like the blockbuster idea, but I don't think that'd work...I don't have one of them fancy stickers for the CD. but anyway, I've emailed the retailer about my situation.....do u think they'd offer a refund/exchange?

More than likely just an exchange.

When you recieved the box the game came in, did they supply you with a return address sticker?

I know amazon, ebgames & gamestop do.:)

No Fear 23
01-24-2003, 05:11 PM
i just rented MA last week and i didnt see ne stickers in the hole of the city. :eek:

if i had a shaity MA disc, i'd switch it :)

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 05:53 PM
It could actually be the Xbox fault although I doubt it. Before I got my Xbox repaired, games like Halo, Gun Valkyrie, Air Force Delta Storm, Sega GT 2002, etc. never gave me any trouble. But games like JSRF, Crash Bandicoot, Quatum Redshift, Outlaw Golf, Mad Dash Racing, Blockbuster rentals, and OXM demo disk would rarely work. I found myself putting in JSRF 20 times to get it to work. Ever since my Xbox was fixed, the only game to give me trouble was Crash Bandicoot. JSRF runs perfect right now.

I'd say replace the DOA3 disc if you can. If the new one doesn't work again, it's your Xbox.

jhsu
01-24-2003, 06:19 PM
I'll try that Walmart thing, sounds really easy to do....lol...anyway, about the XBOX thing, i"m 90% sure it's not the XBOX....all my other games run great on the system, even my used Blockbuster copy......

jhsu
01-24-2003, 06:32 PM
whoops! that walmart thing won't work...their return policy makes it so that any opened game/CD can only be exchanged for another copy of that same game....anybody know of a place where I can exchange a defective game for another game?

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 07:00 PM
You jinxed me dude. I was trying to play my Dead or Alive 3 and I couldn't get mine to work. I had to try five times to get it to wok.:mad: My Xbox is about to be haulted if it gives me one more DDE. I've had way too many ever since I got it repaired five weeks ago.:(

jhsu
01-24-2003, 07:05 PM
sorry about that dude, lol....seriously tho, it seems to me that XBOX has quite a lot of technical problems with it....a good number of people are having problems with the hardware(DDEs and what not)....strange......I want a console like my old Nintendo...NEVER failed, Always worked, no game ever gave ita problem

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 07:07 PM
sorry about that dude, lol....seriously tho, it seems to me that XBOX has quite a lot of technical problems with it....a good number of people are having problems with the hardware(DDEs and what not)....strange......I want a console like my old Nintendo...NEVER failed, Always worked, no game ever gave ita problem My regular Nintendo gave me several problems also. It takes me twice the amount of time to get a game to work than my Xbox. Microsoft better fix my Xbox for free because I had them repair it five weeks ago. It took three weeks to have a DDE again. I'm so close to throwing my Xbox out the window although I love it so much.:(

jhsu
01-24-2003, 07:09 PM
I feel your pain, I really do....u know why I got an XBOX? it was because my PC was giving me so much problems with games...I was so sick of troubleshooting, I decided to get a console....now look what happens: one of my games has an error....what luck.....do u have a warranty?

chico
01-24-2003, 07:10 PM
Or simply trade DoA3 with DoAXBV in your local EB. You only have to pay like 30 bucks!!! and they don't check your disc!!

jhsu
01-24-2003, 07:13 PM
hmm...chico u sure about that? I checked the EB return policy and they say that all opened games have to be returned for another copy of the same game...

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 07:13 PM
I feel your pain, I really do....u know why I got an XBOX? it was because my PC was giving me so much problems with games...I was so sick of troubleshooting, I decided to get a console....now look what happens: one of my games has an error....what luck.....do u have a warranty? No, I do not. I never bought a warranty for one of 20 different videogame consoles I owned. I just feel that I rather spend my money on games that some warranty. I will say this though. When I DOA3 got started, the game started working perfectly. I've also noticed the my DOA3 disc plays louder than any of my other games. It played quiet when I got my Xbox fixed, but it seems loud again.:(

chico
01-24-2003, 07:22 PM
hmm...chico u sure about that? I checked the EB return policy and they say that all opened games have to be returned for another copy of the same game...

nonono, you don't get it. You can "trade" in any old games in EB with another game. For example, You can put "HALO" for trade and the value is about 29.99, with that value, you can put onto any items in EB, doesn' have to be games. So let say you put Halo for DoAXBV. DoAXBV is 49.99, but with your Halo in, you only have to pay 20 bucks. THat's why I do all the time....

jhsu
01-24-2003, 07:23 PM
interesting....well, I've come up with a solution(sort of)....I'm going to try the Walmart switch...I'm going to offer the extra DOA3 copy I have up for trade....

VenoM
01-24-2003, 07:30 PM
whoops! that walmart thing won't work...their return policy makes it so that any opened game/CD can only be exchanged for another copy of that same game....anybody know of a place where I can exchange a defective game for another game?

those people there dont really care....just ask them nicely that you bought it yesterday and would like a refund cause its a bad copy......plus youd have a receipt........im sure it'll work...the people working there dont give a crap unless its the manager doing the refund:D

ARONO129
01-24-2003, 08:41 PM
I'll try that Walmart thing, sounds really easy to do....lol...anyway, about the XBOX thing, i"m 90% sure it's not the XBOX....all my other games run great on the system, even my used Blockbuster copy......

I don't like buying from Walmart. A company with 5 Billion in profits can afford to give refunds. In my city (in Canada) there is a great store I look at first for games because they give you a cash refund for games. They deserve my business.

jhsu
01-24-2003, 08:54 PM
yea I definitely agree.....but there are no "localish" stores in my region that will take refunds of opened software....any chains u know of that will take the refund?