PDA

View Full Version : DOA XBV Hidden Stuff

Software2
01-24-2003, 09:40 PM
Okay, I've been playing this game more than any human should (I'm pulling at least 6 hours a day), and I've unlocked quite a few accessories, swimsuits, and items. Yet, there are a few things I'm still wondering about...

Evey map I've seen of Zack Island makes a note of the statue. Is there something you can do with it or something like that?

Also, I've heard rumors that there is a fighting minigame somewhere. But where?!?

And last, has anyone gotten the cat ears yet? I've got money riding on this with a friend (Who can get them first), and I need to know if they were cut from the game or if they're character specific or something.

Jeez... I don't know of anyone that's played this game as much as me, but I'm still clueless on these things. If you've played this game more than me, or if you happen to know the answer to any of these, please let me know!

(Yes, I bought it primarily for the gameplay) :D

yall
01-26-2003, 08:55 AM
Sorry to step on your thread dude, but I was hoping you could do me a favor. I rented this game from Blockbuster, and there are no instructions. Could you please give a brief summary of the controls, and perhaps some strategy tips for both on and off the playing field? It would be appreciated. Thanks.

Knight
01-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Software2

And last, has anyone gotten the cat ears yet? I've got money riding on this with a friend (Who can get them first), and I need to know if they were cut from the game or if they're character specific or something.

Nope not yet, but maybe only one of the girls can buy it like how lisa is the only that can buy the Venus.

And the best forum for DOAXBV is at:

http://www.neotaku.com/doax/

And if you don't know what a Venus is use this link:

http://www.psoquest.com/forum/doax.html

Software2
01-26-2003, 06:46 PM
Yes, I know what the Venus is *big grin*

One of my friends said they got a cat bathing suit, but I distinctly remember seeing a cat ear accessory in previews.

I'm only missing 5 accessories, so if it's not one of those, I'm gonna be ticked!!!

Knight
01-26-2003, 07:18 PM

One of my friends said they got a cat bathing suit,

My Christie got one from zack.

Software2
01-27-2003, 03:57 PM
I have a theory now...

Each character has a special animal suit that only they can get. I know that Hitomi has a bear, and Christie has a cat.

One thing about these suits is that they can not be deleted. That's why it got my attention :)

Oh, a friend of mine has two new theories. They're a little more... perverse than mine :rolleyes:

1.) Look at any of the volleyballs. You'll see they have the word 'code' written on them. There's no logical reason for this to be written on a ball, so my friend thinks that if you enter the code written on the balls somewhere it'll do something, like a secret mode (Think of the possibilites), and it makes sense I guess, but where would you enter it?

2.) When you first select Zack of All Trades, you'll notice a golden maniquin without a head. My friend thinks that this is an item you can buy, and when you buy it, you get a topless mode. :rolleyes:
I don't know about this one. It seems kinda far-fetched. I'm only missing one item, so it dosen't look like it's real. Still, I can't rule it out untill I get that last item.

SlightlySycho
01-27-2003, 10:10 PM
I have managed to see Zack's ferret once (you may remember it from some of the screenshots). He ran up a tree right before a "posing" session on the Private Beach. I'm fairly certain that there are more of these little cutscenes available. In fact, I'm pretty positive, since I recall seeing Zack with the ferret in one of those screenshots. And if you look at the credits, you can see that Zack is also voiced by Bin Shimida, the guy who does his Japanese voice. What this means, I have absolutely no clue. It's probable that these scenes are just little easter eggs. However, to add fire to the rumor mill, I'm going to propose that you may be able to unlock Zack as a character.
But that's just my own personal conjecture.:cool:

To Yall,
I can feel your pain, buddy.:) I also rented the game and was shorted the instruction manual. But I'll tell you what I've figured out so far.
Check the calibration, especially for the hopping game. I learned quickly that my "Hard" presses had a lot of variance in pressure.
You can control the trajectory of your spikes by holding the control stick in a certain direction. I advise trying to spike over your opponents head or going for open areas. (This advice brought to you from the pages of Duh:o.)
Keep you eyes on your opponent. If you see them going up to block your spike, lightly press the button to just tap the ball through their hands. Most times your opponent's partner will be in the back row and won't be able to make the save, so it's a fairly easy point. I suggest using the B button, since it has a higher "Hard" threshold.
If you can be fairly confident that your opponent isn't going to block, keep a closer eye on the ball. Nothing's more frustrating than having an open lane and whiffing the ball off the net.:mad:
Hope that helps.:D

Software2
01-30-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
I'm going to propose that you may be able to unlock Zack as a character.
But that's just my own personal conjecture.:cool:

Do we really want Zack as a playable character? lol

studepaber
01-30-2003, 08:13 AM
Do we really want Zack as a playable character? lol

errrr nah :D hey software tell us if you get the last item, I'd like to know what (if anything) happens.

Software2
01-30-2003, 08:17 AM
Without a doubt I will. I'm playing as Christie right now, in the hopes that I'll identify that last item. It might be a character dependent item, like Hitomi's hair band.

I've heard quite a few rumors and theories about what happens when you collect all the items. I'll finally be able to set the record straight.

Grimsage
01-30-2003, 03:44 PM
http://www.xbox.com/doax/screenshots/fullimage12.jpg

Don't know what it does or means : kunoichi

Dulacc
01-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Grimsage
http://www.xbox.com/doax/screenshots/fullimage12.jpg

Don't know what it does or means : kunoichi

I think that was just the codename for the project during development. I think I saw that on another site.

Software2
01-30-2003, 07:06 PM
That would make alot of sense.

Still... Someone should try entering that as their name in the top scores list on DOA3. It might do something, lol

SlightlySycho
02-01-2003, 01:30 PM
Do we really want Zack as a playable character? lol Well, I wouldn't "want" Zack as a playable character. But, alternatively, I wouldn't mind.

Of course, the more I think about it, the more I think it's possible. Check out the accessory library. There are quite a few green accessories. There's also the peridot, a green gemstone. But which of the girls likes green? None of 'em. But what's the color of Zack's hair (when it's not white)? Green.

Y'know, amongst those green accessories is a butterfly hair clip. Are you saying Zack would wear a butterfly on his head?
I don't know. The guy did dress up like a silver Tele-Tubby.
I'm just saying it's possible, if not probable. That's all.

Heh, I can just see his victory pose . . .
"Yeah! Yeah! Group hug!":D

Software2
02-01-2003, 02:01 PM
Wait... Zack has green hair? Uhh... no. :)

There's also gray accessories, and green swimsuits. Oh, and I haven't exactly seen any male suits. (And I don't exactly want to picture Zack in a two piece)

It would be cool to have another character to play, but I think it's just wishful thinking.

SlightlySycho
02-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Yes, Zack has green hair. Go play DOA 2 and 3 again. He dyes it white during his end cinema for DOA 3.

As for the accessories, you've got me there. However, what really draws my attention are the items. Excluding the jewelstones, the "Zack" paraphanalia (Zack's Figure and Zack's Autograph) are things the girls all seem to hate, but would be things Zack himself would love (he strikes me as the egotistical type).
As for the lack of male swimsuits, each character has her own set of swimsuits that aren't really available to the other girls, so it goes to assume that any male swimsuits would be exclusive to Zack. As for Zack in a two-piece . . . well, he is being voiced by Dennis Rodman.;)

But I will admit this is all just conjecture. More fantasy than fact (though more likely than a topless mode, IMHO). But I do have a feeling that gopher has some sort of significance. I've been to Private Beach almost ten times now, and each time he shows up at the beginning. I'm thinking either two things: A) if you visit Private Beach enough, eventually something "special" will happen; B) if you have a certain item in your inventory, something special will happen.
In any case, there's gotta be something there. If we want to look for hidden stuff, Private Beach might be a starting point.

mmattai
02-06-2003, 01:04 AM
Kunoichi means femal ninja. And I'm willing to stake your life that it is not a nudity code. And I'll double that bet and claim that there is NO nudity code at all for this game. Itagaki even says in issue #4 of XBN that the nude code hackers made for Kasumi broke his heart.

By default you only use the A & B buttons. They are pressure sensitive, so you can change it to a 4-button set-up if you wish. I personally like the 2-button set-up, but I use my X & Y instead of my A & B.

If you have a power spiker, I suggest aiming your spike right at characters. You get a $1000 bonus for knocking them down and an extra $1000 if you win the point by a power spike.

If they're going to block you, you don't have to lightly press the attack button (A), you can press your receive button (B) with any degree of pressure to flip it over the block. Also try pressing to the left so your opponent's partner has less of a chance to dig it.

Every character has 3 special suits that they can only get from Zack. And the third suit he gives is animal themed. Every other suit can be worn by any other character, but each character can only buy a certain few specific suits. There's an Excel Spreadsheet @ DOAX Neotaku (http://www.neotaku.com/doax/) that will help you organize your stuff for each girl. I also suggest you check out DOAX @ GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/game/33081.html) for some guides. Get to know those Love items if you want a specific partner or to get a girl to accept a specific suit.

If Zack does turn out to be a playable character, which is actually a possibility I believe, then I bet he only has 1 suit. And I bet you it's a Speedo!

Software2
02-06-2003, 05:34 AM
There is some nudity in the opening CG.

And I don't even want to think about Zack in a Speedo!!! :confused:

Unreal
02-16-2003, 11:19 PM
I am playing with Lisa and I am only missing the blue ribbon bracelet to have 100% of the items and accessories. I am almost at 100 bathing suits as well. I hope there is a hidden volleyball court :D

Snoopy7548
02-17-2003, 10:48 AM
did anyone notice in the instruction book. on the tips page (one of the last pages). zack says something about going into survival mode in doa3. i did that but there wasnt anything new

SlightlySycho
02-17-2003, 08:55 PM
As I understand it, the Survival Mode has something to do with your starting cash. You start out with 10,000 Zs. However, if you have 20 wins with that character in DOA 3's Survival Mode, you'll start out with 20,000 Zs. 30 wins earns 30,000 Zs. And so on and so forth. Not much more to it than that. If you've already played as all the characters, however, it may be a moot point, anyway.

GamerGirl6547
02-18-2003, 08:19 PM
hey i was able to give kasumi some green items, the butterfly clip, some nail polish and things of that sort to her, and to my surprize she took them. In my opinion some of the girls have a secondary color that they like along with there favorite color.

alien_69
02-25-2003, 01:03 AM
well, i deleted my DOA3 save to reset the game. here's what i noticed. the default names in the DOA3 survival mode are the names of the bikinis. (actually i think the bikinis were named after the default DOA3 survival high score lists - top ten and top 3 per all char. )
my guess is that to unlock those bikinis in DOAX you need to fill up the high score lists in survival mode. which is all to easy -but it's just a guess.

unfortunately i played DOAX before deleting my DOA3 save and have unlocked almost everything, so i have no way to test the theory - which is 'many bikinis in DOAX are unlocked by DOA3 high score lists'.
If i could back up my DOAX to memory card then i would test it but DOA stuff can't be backed to memory and i'm not about to go unlock all of these bikinis if my theory is correct, not to mention fill up all the high score lists again in DOA3 ( it was painfull enough to delete my hard earned 49 wins with Hitomi, and 42 wins with Zack, but i could just suck because i can't get that many wins unless the planets are aligned.)

i wonder if anything i just typed made sense...:confused: