PDA

View Full Version : What was the story of HALO?

Cannibal Corpse
11-26-2001, 04:24 AM
Thanks to the low level recording of the CENTER Channel (I have a DD 5.1 Audio) I could not hear half of the stuff that CORTANA and that DROID said. Now I need to know what was the story of the HALO?

Was it costructed to lure the FLOOD and then kill them? Was it made by the druid and the its sentinels?

Again, I couldn't hear what was being said. '

A SUBTITLE option would have been nice for non English speakers (or hearing impared).

xboxman_1
11-26-2001, 03:56 PM
My friends were all talking as well, so I couldn't hear very well also. But as far as I can tell, It was created to destroy all life that feeds the flood, the Covenant, AND humans. The only way to stop the flood is to starve it to death.

Cannibal Corpse
11-27-2001, 12:51 AM
Well here is the confusing part:

WHO CREATED the HALO at first place!!!?

That's the thing I can't figure out...

thedrisc
11-27-2001, 02:22 PM
They don't say who made it. its a containment prison for the flood but its also a weapon to destroy all life in ( I think they said this ) 25 million light years range. that way the flood would have no food if they escaped.

Halo is awesome but those sound parts sucked. I put my ear up to a blasting speaker and still was not sure if I got them right some times!!!

Cannibal Corpse
11-27-2001, 02:26 PM
That's a grief to know it is not only me who couldn't hear half of what CORTANA or the FLYING DRUID were saying. As I said before, the inclusion of 'Subtitles Feature' would have been a great help, since not everybody's first language is ENGLISH, besides the game's plot is to complex and 'high-tech' (names, places, etc.) even for native speaking English gamers.

fanofslipknotib
12-01-2001, 02:12 AM
The Flying Druid has a name....Monitor. Please, dont mistake it again:)

ShannonX
12-01-2001, 11:11 AM
it has a radius of 25k light years in each direction.... its also installation #004. There are more HALO's out there. That also allows them to make a HALO 2 even with the ending in this game.

thedrisc
12-05-2001, 09:57 AM
cool!! did they say that is was installation #004 in the game?

I hope they fix the voices for the next one.

Frostberg
12-07-2001, 08:08 PM
they better make a Halo 2...they almost have to...the top selling Xbox game that can be the game of the year..yes they will...but we all know "its just the beginning"

ShannonX
12-08-2001, 11:13 AM
yeah, the monitor (little blue orb) says something along the lines of welcome to installation #004. or something like that. so i assume there are at least 3 more halo's in the universe somewhere

Rancor
12-09-2001, 03:20 PM
What was it that the moniter said about Master Chief having asked him something before and that now after the moniter had time to think about it, his answer remains the same? Did anyone catch what he was talking about, or is it that the moniter thinks master chief is someone else?

LynxFX
12-09-2001, 04:40 PM
The volume of Monitor and Cortana sounded fine to me but I'm playing with everything cranked so the whole apartment is shaking.