Everquest Online Adventures-7.5, 5.0, 6.0
The Getaway-7.5, 6.0, 8.0
Guilty Gear 2X-8.0, 8.5, 8.5 Silver Award
Pride FC-6.5, 6.0, 5.5
World Tour Soccer 2003-6.5
Xenosaga Episode I-8.0, 8.0, 6.5

xboxman_1
01-24-2003, 11:31 PM
How do you get your EGM so early? Mine usually doesnt get here until about the day its out in newsstands.

AlBoogy
01-24-2003, 11:41 PM
He didnt. He got it from another forum ;)

Brevity
01-25-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
He didnt. He got it from another forum ;)
I have had mine for two days now. No joke I get that and my game informer really early and the OXM late most months.:rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
01-25-2003, 08:21 AM
I normally don't listen to review scores but EGM gave my Devil May Cry 2 is a not so good rating. I absolutely loved the first one.
The games on that list EGM reviewed that I was looking forward was:

Xenosaga: Episode 1 (I have an avatar to that game right now)
Guilty Gear X2
Devil May Cry 2
Galerians: Ash
Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball
Apex

After reading those reviews, I might give Dark Cloud 2 a rental although I hated the first one a lot. At least the new one is cel-shaded. I'm still definately buying Guilty Gear X2 and Xenosaga though. I'm pushing Devil May Cry 2 and Dead or Alive XVB down the list. I still really want Galerians: Ash despite the review becasue I love cinematic games.:)

Ninja Scroll
01-25-2003, 10:42 AM
I got mines last night!

And as usual. Ninja Scroll gets mad love from da EGM crew.

Peep me out in there to all those subscribers whome have there issues now.

Da pages arent numbered, so just look for me,.. everyone know who da pimps real name bez.

Da World Famous Eddie Rivera Naw Mean!?:)

HaloMasterVI
01-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I normally don't listen to review scores but EGM gave my Devil May Cry 2 is a not so good rating. I absolutely loved the first one.
The games on that list EGM reviewed that I was looking forward was:

Xenosaga: Episode 1 (I have an avatar to that game right now)
Guilty Gear X2
Devil May Cry 2
Galerians: Ash
Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball
Apex

After reading those reviews, I might give Dark Cloud 2 a rental although I hated the first one a lot. At least the new one is cel-shaded. I'm still definately buying Guilty Gear X2 and Xenosaga though. I'm pushing Devil May Cry 2 and Dead or Alive XVB down the list. I still really want Galerians: Ash despite the review becasue I love cinematic games.:)

So you love cinematic games? Could I ask you what gets you off looking at cinemas? I mean, I can appreciate some well-done cg like anyone else, but when it comes down to it, they get old. How many times can you see a cinema and be impressed? Wouldn't you rather have something with amazingly tight gameplay rather than over the top cinemas? Just a question...

Cloud Strife
01-25-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
So you love cinematic games? Could I ask you what gets you off looking at cinemas? I mean, I can appreciate some well-done cg like anyone else, but when it comes down to it, they get old. How many times can you see a cinema and be impressed? Wouldn't you rather have something with amazingly tight gameplay rather than over the top cinemas? Just a question... I can watch videogame cinema's all day. Heck, I even bought a videogame because it had nice anime cutscenes. The cinematic movies is what gets me into the story and the gameplay. I really like Zone of the Enders a lot because of the cinematic gameplay. I even felt an emotion at the end of the game. I really wish more Xbox games would use them.

xboxinstinct
01-26-2003, 08:49 PM
some games i think get overated for cg movies (metal gear solid 2)

Cloud Strife
01-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by xboxinstinct
some games i think get overated for cg movies (metal gear solid 2) I thought that's what made MGS2 Substance a great game.;) Cinema's is what makes a good game great.

xboxinstinct
01-26-2003, 08:55 PM
its a video GAME not a movie

Knight
01-26-2003, 08:58 PM
After seeing Xenosaga Score I don't want to play it any more on my Friends ps2 when he gets it.

Cloud Strife
01-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Knight
After seeing Xenosaga Score I don't want to play it any more on my Friends ps2 when he gets it. I'm not judging the game by the score. EGM as also scored some of my other favorite games bad. I absolutely can't wait for Xenosaga. It has Mech's, anime, several cutscenes, and turn based style RPG game. All the things I like in one videogame. Xenogears was one of my favorite games of all time too. Plus, Namco and Monolith Soft can never go wrong.;)

I plan on trying Galerians: Ash next week.

xboxinstinct
01-26-2003, 09:06 PM
yeah shinobi is good in gameplay and especially in cutscenes

Cloud Strife
01-27-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by xboxinstinct
yeah shinobi is good in gameplay and especially in cutscenes I thought Shinobi was all right. The only porblem had with the game was the sword fighting felt a little stiff. Other than that, the cutscenes were really good and I enjoyed watching them.

I'm a little curious on how EGM is going to rate Kung Fu Chaos, Zone of the Enders 2, and Tao-Feng next month.