PDA

View Full Version : Converting people to XBOX

Xboxderekman
11-26-2001, 09:40 AM
I have converted 1 person....How many have u converted???

Gamcubers converted into XBOXers

Ps2ers converted in to XBOXers

DenniZz81
11-26-2001, 10:09 AM
I have converted a ps2er to an xboxer
but he was never a fanboy so it wasnt so hard......

But the waiting is a pain... i live in europe!!
14 march *sigh*:( :( :( :mad:

EliGC
11-26-2001, 10:29 AM
I converted one person for sure, the guy was by TSQ Toys R Us at 6:30 then he bought the xbox, went back home to Brooklyn unlocked 2 cars in PGR and then went to work in Jersey. Two more are still undecided but they love every minute of Halo's Deathmatch.

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 10:47 AM
I persuaded one of my buddies to sit outside and camp with me during the XBox launch...he wasn't planning on staying up all 13 1/2 hours with me...but, I kept my persistence up and he ended up camping all night outside the store with me (and the other fellow XBox hardcore gamers)...he wasn't planning on buying an XBox but he did anyway and is extremely happy he did especially since they are not abudantly available at the moment :D

Also, I know a dude that ended up buying a LameCube and he sold it already and put the money towards an XBox :D

Nato King
11-26-2001, 11:48 AM
I converted 3 people to the xbox one of the 3 was going to buy a Gamecube but he changed his mine after seeing the power of the xbox.

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 12:38 PM
"Converting"....lol...now that I think about it...it almost sound religious! lol

Plewis
11-26-2001, 12:53 PM
i converted a kid, he was my dad's friend's son, and he came over with his dad, and we played multiplayer halo, DOA3, and the Demo for Fusion Frenzy (the demo is almost as good as DOA3:) ). He changed his Xmas wish from PS2 to XBox. I also brought 2 friends into XBox before they could be touched by the wretched GC.

GokuX
11-26-2001, 02:18 PM
Well a friend of mine called me on his cell phone from the Best Buy the day after Thanksgiving. He said that they only had 3 X-Box's left and several Gamecubes still left and he wanted to know which one he should get. He knew I had an X-Box and still wanted to know what I thought. He said the Best Buy salesperson urged him to get a GC because he said it had better graphics and would have alot better games than the X-Box, and then he said the X-Box had an overclocked Pentium 2 not Pentium 3 inside. Well so much for the Best Buy guy being impartial and knowledgable. Anyway I actually was being impartial in my suggestions to him, I went through the pros of the GameCube and the X-Box and the downsides. I kinda thought that their was alot of good things that I could say about the Gamecube but seriously I actually couldn't think of many good reasons why it would be a better choice but I threw out the ones I had. Price wasn't a concearn for him and he decided on the phone to go ahead and get the X-Box. He called me at night and let me know how pleased he was that he got the Box instead and that he was very happy with it. I didn't try to convince him one way or the other and he made his own choice so there ya go.

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 02:44 PM
The XBox speaks for itself :D Nice post, GokuX

Robmx250
11-26-2001, 02:52 PM
300$ dvd player makes xbox and psx2 well worth there money i use them both more for dvd players then games systems i don't see why you all are so racist on other console people hell i'm getting all of the sytems cause its just more games i get to play so HA !

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Robmx250
300$ dvd player makes xbox and psx2 well worth there money i use them both more for dvd players then games systems i don't see why you all are so racist on other console people hell i'm getting all of the sytems cause its just more games i get to play so HA !

I can respect that, however, the way I see it, all the money I could spend on buying a lower-end gaming console like the LameCube, I could buy atleast four new bad ass XBox titles :D

Brian
11-26-2001, 04:06 PM
Since when is a game console a race? :T "I'm racist against you darnn PS2ers and Game Cubers!" lol just jokin' witcha.. ;)

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Brian
Since when is a game console a race? :T "I'm racist against you darnn PS2ers and Game Cubers!" lol just jokin' witcha.. ;)

LOL...I thought the same thing...maybe he meant discriminatory...but, couldn't spell it ;)

Robmx250
11-26-2001, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

I can respect that, however, the way I see it, all the money I could spend on buying a lower-end gaming console like the LameCube, I could buy atleast four new bad ass XBox titles :D

Name 4 good titles right now and i'll go buy them there aren't any :-(
i bought halo .....rented nfl fever its not that great it looks good but doesn't play as good as madden ....and for DOA3 well it's a fighter so i played it like 5 minutes and never played it again ...BUT i can't wait for obiwon and raw is war i think those 2 will rock until we get some more next year ....when does that brute force game come out ???

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 05:19 PM
I have Halo, Fever (I don't know what you are talking about, Rob, this game is tight!), Project Gotham Racing, and Amped. All of these are amazing titles :D

skoot182
11-26-2001, 06:26 PM
about 4 at once - their best and only arguements were the price (gc) and that it was already a dvd player w/out a $30 remote (PoS2). i rattled off about 4 arguements against each, and, defeated, they walked a way.

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!

GokuX
11-26-2001, 11:20 PM
If you play all the games you mentioned in multiplayer mode they are much more fun. DOA3 on 4 player Tag can last for hours, same for PGR.