PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy Angel (Xbox Japan)

Cloud Strife
01-26-2003, 12:16 PM
I would really want this game to come to the U.S. I just hope a publisher picks up the rights to this game. It's know as Galaxy Angel. It's an anime inspired 3-D Shooter.
http://www.xbox.jp/software/pickup/galaxy.html

http://www.xbox.jp/software/pickup/img/galaxy/image03_l.jpg

http://www.xbox.jp/software/pickup/img/galaxy/image01_l.jpg

http://www.xbox.jp/software/pickup/img/galaxy/image02_l.jpg

Knight
01-26-2003, 12:40 PM
Here's the text in English:

Galaxy angel Romantic love adventure + real time simulation

English inscription: GALAXY ANGEL
Sale day: January 23 of 2002 day
Desired retail price: 6,800 Yen (classified by tax)

Publisher: Corporation broccoli
Play number of people: 1 name
Dolby digital (5.1ch) correspondence

412 year trance bar/var imperial national calendars, the coup by the unknown impression fleet happened.
Midst of the confusion, with 5 girls where the commander takt which undertook remote region star type patrol falls and the satellite of main star of imperial country << white coming month >> from comes to the point of with helping the imperial child ƒVƒ”ƒ@ which extends is called angel party, it was to mean to jump into the fight which revives imperial country.

Angel party it rides, << the crest machine >>, the special fuselage where the efficiency changes largely with tension of the pilot. The protagonist takt, building angel party and the relationship of reliance, in order to rescue the future of imperial country, goes on a journey to immense Milky Way!

And here the Official Site fot the game:

http://www.broccoli.co.jp/ga/game/

Cloud Strife
01-26-2003, 12:46 PM
Thanks, Knight.;) I didn't think of checking the official site.

I absolutely want this game after seeing it. The chances of making it to the U.S. are low, but Xbox needs more games like this. I'd be the first to buy it.:)

TheCovenant
01-26-2003, 12:46 PM
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool :)

Knight
01-26-2003, 12:55 PM
After reading Faq I know this is a port of a pc game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See?

NEW!
* The PC DVD-ROM edition galaxy angel has entered in a state where the patch Ver.1.10 is applied. At our company sight the patch file which is open (the Ver.1.10), it is CD-ROM edition exclusive use, as for the necessity to apply it is not in DVD-ROM edition.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.broccoli.co.jp%2Fga%2Fgame%2Ffaq%2Findex.html&lp=ja_en&tt=url

Cloud Strife
01-26-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Knight
After reading Faq I know this is a port of a pc game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See?

NEW!
* The PC DVD-ROM edition galaxy angel has entered in a state where the patch Ver.1.10 is applied. At our company sight the patch file which is open (the Ver.1.10), it is CD-ROM edition exclusive use, as for the necessity to apply it is not in DVD-ROM edition.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.broccoli.co.jp%2Fga%2Fgame%2Ffaq%2Findex.html&lp=ja_en&tt=url I already heard a while ago that it was a PC port. Put this is a kind of game I've alwyas been wanting. I don't remember seeing this game on the PC in the U.S.

xboxman_1
01-26-2003, 03:30 PM
Wow, doesnt look cool at all IMO.

Cloud Strife
01-26-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
Wow, doesnt look cool at all IMO. I can tell you must not like anime or something.:rolleyes: I'll buy a videogame just because of the nice anime artwork.;)

xboxman_1
01-26-2003, 07:53 PM
I can tell you must not like anime or something. I'll buy a videogame just because of the nice anime artwork.

lol, that'd be a pretty good analysis Burning.

Cloud Strife
01-26-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
lol, that'd be a pretty good analysis Burning. If the game is not much, then why not then.

Anyway, you don't have to reply to these post if you don't lie anime. I set up this thread for people that would be interested in anime games on Xbox.

xboxman_1
01-26-2003, 09:32 PM
Anyway, you don't have to reply to these post if you don't lie anime. I set up this thread for people that would be interested in anime games on Xbox.

Thats why i replied, you guys thought it looked cool, and I dont think so.

Reclaimer
01-27-2003, 01:00 AM
Well I don't think I can justify dropping 50 bucks on a game because the artwork is cool. But hey, it's your thing... But anyway, I doubt that game will make it to the US, especially with the Xbox. The Japanese are a hard group of people to please, according to an article I read awhile back, games like Halo and other FPS's don't sell very well. Even if the game is incredible like Halo, their culture for whatever reason, just don't dig FPS games. Games are that more RPG or side scrolling tend to do better over there. For awhile one of the hot selling game in Japan was on the Playstation. It was a RPG but you where a high school kid and you had to interact him with classmates. This was years ago, and I may have missed something about that game, but it's testiment that American style games are not warmly received there. Meanwhile over here it's the otherway around. Kids dig FPS types of games and there might be a small (yet devoted) market for anime style games. If a company wants to make money here in the US, they'll probably stray away from a game like that. It looks like a 2D side scrolling shooter with some kind of RPG aspect to it. But it looks like the RPG part might have more to do with some kind of human relational issue. It might be cool, and the anime part might be sharp as hell, but I don't think it's going to participate in a U.S. market, where people are looking for the next Halo game or the next Spinter Cell type of game. Now, don't freak because I didn't like the game, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Cloud Strife
01-27-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Well I don't think I can justify dropping 50 bucks on a game because the artwork is cool. But hey, it's your thing... But anyway, I doubt that game will make it to the US, especially with the Xbox. The Japanese are a hard group of people to please, according to an article I read awhile back, games like Halo and other FPS's don't sell very well. Even if the game is incredible like Halo, their culture for whatever reason, just don't dig FPS games. Games are that more RPG or side scrolling tend to do better over there. For awhile one of the hot selling game in Japan was on the Playstation. It was a RPG but you where a high school kid and you had to interact him with classmates. This was years ago, and I may have missed something about that game, but it's testiment that American style games are not warmly received there. Meanwhile over here it's the otherway around. Kids dig FPS types of games and there might be a small (yet devoted) market for anime style games. If a company wants to make money here in the US, they'll probably stray away from a game like that. It looks like a 2D side scrolling shooter with some kind of RPG aspect to it. But it looks like the RPG part might have more to do with some kind of human relational issue. It might be cool, and the anime part might be sharp as hell, but I don't think it's going to participate in a U.S. market, where people are looking for the next Halo game or the next Spinter Cell type of game. Now, don't freak because I didn't like the game, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. You didn't really have to tell me this because I'm quite familiar with this. I know for a fact they hate first person shooters in Japanand that's why they don't get released. While in the U.S., Anime games with RPG or 2-D style gameplay don't sell. Anytime an anime style game comes over, I buy it. I also would like a publisher to bring over Shikigami no Shiro but it will never happen because anime 2-D vertical shooters don't sell well here. I'm probably going to start buying my videogame systems in Japan because they have games that interest me a lot that never make it over.

Cloud Strife
01-27-2003, 06:52 PM
I just heard today that this game was being ported to Playstation 2 also.