PDA

View Full Version : EGM sucks!

TheCovenant
01-26-2003, 04:04 PM
Egm (electronic gaming monthly) was a very good magazine. good reviews, unbiased staff, nice artwork, detailed coverage.

however, this magazine recently move to san fransico, and along with it's new location, came a whole new staff.

their new staff sux. hard. they got a girl whose favorite next gen system is nintendo 64........

they rated splinter cell poorly because you couldnt skip movies. they rated unreal poorlycause it's only online. they rated ghost recon very poorly because of the graphics. they rated panzer dragoon down because its on rails, and now they rated DOA X poorly, because it a volleyball game with no "depth" and half naked women.

so in conclusion, egm sucks........now.

the only place i can trust, and always has been, is IGN.COM

IGN is the word of video game god, and all others suck.....

Cloud Strife
01-26-2003, 04:06 PM
I'll just tell you this. Get Play Magazine. The magazine is unbiased and treats all systems equally. Plus, the magazine has a nice section on anime each month.;)

canadianboi3
01-26-2003, 04:36 PM
you and your anime;)

Knight
01-26-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant

their new staff sux. hard. they got a girl whose favorite next gen system is nintendo 64........

Anyone who thinks a n64 is a next gen system is lame, it's a last gen system.

wweomaniac
01-26-2003, 06:57 PM
well Unreal Championship does suckr eally badly,
and DOAXV is sad.

Everything else is wrong, btu what do you expect from a bunch of californians?

Knight
01-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
you and your anime;)

There's good anime like Inuyasha, the Gundams(not all of them are any good buy most are), plus others.

Here's the list of the ones he watches:

-Pilot Candidate <--- It's was lame how the last Ep was ended, they should & need to made one more so there not halfa$$ end for the story
-Gundam Wing <--- Whens CN going to reair it?
-Inuyasha <--- I watch this every time I can
-Tenchi Muyo
-Ronin Warriors
-Cowboy Beboop <--- I wish there was more Cowboy Beboop Eps(but there will never be any more made)
-Outlaw Star
-Mega Man
-Card Captors <--- LoL LoL
-Hamtaro <--- Now this is one of the crapy animes that should have stayed in Japan
-Digimon Digital Monsters <--- LoL LoL
-Pokemon <--- LoL LoL
-Sailor Moon <--- maybe you should keep the fact you watch this to yourself
-Speed Racer
-Robotech

Cloud Strife
01-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Knight
There's good anime like Inuyasha, the Gundams(not all of them are any good buy most are), plus others.

Here's the list of the ones he watches:

-Pilot Candidate <--- It's was lame how the last Ep was ended, they should & need to made one more so there not halfa$$ end for the story
-Gundam Wing <--- Whens CN going to reair it?
-Inuyasha <--- I watch this every time I can
-Tenchi Muyo
-Ronin Warriors
-Cowboy Beboop <--- I wish there was more Cowboy Beboop Eps(but there will never be any more made)
-Outlaw Star
-Mega Man
-Card Captors <--- LoL LoL
-Hamtaro <--- Now this is one of the crapy animes that should have stayed in Japan
-Digimon Digital Monsters <--- LoL LoL
-Pokemon <--- LoL LoL
-Sailor Moon <--- maybe you should keep the fact you watch this to yourself
-Speed Racer
-Robotech I never had the chance to buy any anime videos so that is why I haven't seen very many.
I do really like Pilot Canidate despite the ending. It's my favorite anime other than Gundam Wing. I love to watch Hamtaro, Digimon, Pokemon, Card Captors, and Sailor Moon a lot. I have a ton of epsidoes recorded on tape and I watch them all the time.;) I like kiddie TV shows. I want to see Orphen, Akira, Street Fighter, Sakura Wars, Neon Genesis, Bubblegum Crisis, Arc The Lad, etc., but I haven't had much $$$ to by anime along with my videogames.

xboxman_1
01-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Why is it something sucks just because they rate xbox games lowly??? Think back to last year when 5 out of 9 editors said the xbox was better than the GCN. Could it be, just maybe, that those games got low scores because they deserved it??

Knight
01-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I never had the chance to buy any anime videos so that is why I haven't seen very many.
I do really like Pilot Canidate despite the ending. It's my favorite anime other than Gundam Wing. I love to watch Hamtaro, Digimon, Pokemon, Card Captors, and Sailor Moon a lot. I have a ton of epsidoes recorded on tape and I watch them all the time.;) I like kiddie TV shows. I want to see Orphen, Akira, Street Fighter, Sakura Wars, Neon Genesis, Bubblegum Crisis, Arc The Lad, etc., but I haven't had much $$$ to by anime along with my videogames.

You should the number of CD of Anime my friend has download off the internet. Gundam X & Seed will be good if they ever make it to the us. Do you have Starzs? They show anime some times.
And the Encore airs Bubblegum Crisis 2040 some times.

And there's now a Anime Network in the us:

http://www.theanimenetwork.com

Knight
01-26-2003, 07:37 PM
Here's the list of Animes I like to see come out:

Gundam X
Gundam Seed
Transformers: Car-Robot(later called Transformers: Powerful cars)
Bubblegum Crisis 2041
Macross Zero(Macross is called Robotech in the US)

Cloud Strife
01-26-2003, 07:38 PM
You should the number of CD of Anime my friend has download off the internet. Gundam X & Seed will be good if they ever make it to the us. Do you have Starzs? They show anime some times.
And the Encore airs Bubblegum Crisis 2040 some times.

And there's now a Anime Network in the us:

http://www.theanimenetwork.com I'll look into that. I don't have any of those channels listed on my Comcast Cable.

I do like Transformers and Zoids also.

EGM doesn't give a game a bad review because it's bad, more so because their biased. However, I do agree with MGS2 Substance getting a better rating.:)

thAshAdyOne
01-26-2003, 07:40 PM

yea..i agree

xboxman_1
01-26-2003, 07:42 PM
I'm guessing you misread that. Her favorite console of all time might be the N64.

Stormlord
01-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Well I read GamePro. Sometimes I question some of their reviews but they often give honest responses. They gave Panzer Dragoon a good rating even though it had a few minor stuff they didn't like. I don't think the minor stuff should out rule the major. But there will always be biased reviewers every where. The reviewer always puts in their personal feelings towards a game and system. You put a guy that's used to reviewing PS2 or Xbox games to review Gamecube, you're going to get what he feels toward that system. Nothing can be done, but the decision on a game that really counts is yours. Critics don't buy games, fans do. :D :) :D :) :D

HaloMasterVI
01-27-2003, 09:59 AM
Splinter Cell was shafted by EGM, yea, I think it deserved perfect 10s especially since they gave perfect 10s and 3 pages of reviews to GTA VC(3.000001).

Unreal has been shafted by every review site save IGN...if you look at gamerankings.com you'll see even the horribly choptastic unplayable DC version of UT is ranked higher.

Ninja Scroll
01-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
Egm (electronic gaming monthly) was a very good magazine. good reviews, unbiased staff, nice artwork, detailed coverage.

however, this magazine recently move to san fransico, and along with it's new location, came a whole new staff.

they rated splinter cell poorly because you couldnt skip movies. they rated unreal poorlycause it's only online. they rated ghost recon very poorly because of the graphics. they rated panzer dragoon down because its on rails, and now they rated DOA X poorly, because it a volleyball game with no "depth" and half naked women.

so in conclusion, egm sucks........now.

the only place i can trust, and always has been, is IGN.COM

IGN is the word of video game god, and all others suck.....

Dis thread should be titled " The Covenant Sucks "

Dude, STFU, your not saying anything new here.
IGN.com sucks!
And while your judging EGM's reviews why dont you take a look at there scores for PoS2 & GC's in the March issue.
Everyone of those games reviewed for those respective consoles got slammed, flamed, and bashed straight to hell (outside of Dark Cloud).

So instead of throwing a cry baby tantrum like your doing now why dont you just stop reading there mag and STFU.

Im sick of you cry baby suckaz!:rolleyes:

tWoTOMA
01-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Try GameInformer. They aren't all hippies that care about how artistic a game is. They also rate games depending on how they perform in thier genre, so PDO wouldn't have been marked down for being a rail shooter, it would be rated high because it is a great rail shooter. IGN sometimes falls to the hype, like with WWF Raw and Wreckless, which they both rated as 9.0. GI is a great mag that has great reviews.

Cloud Strife
01-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by tWoTOMA
Try GameInformer. They aren't all hippies that care about how artistic a game is. They also rate games depending on how they perform in thier genre, so PDO wouldn't have been marked down for being a rail shooter, it would be rated high because it is a great rail shooter. IGN sometimes falls to the hype, like with WWF Raw and Wreckless, which they both rated as 9.0. GI is a great mag that has great reviews. Uh, Game Informer is the most biased magazine ever. Especially against Xbox.

HaloMasterVI
01-28-2003, 12:22 AM
Uh, Game Informer is the most biased magazine ever. Especially against Xbox.

That's what I was gonna say...

Seriously though, this newest EGM has some funny crap in the previews for the PS2 version of Return to Wolfenstien...

"The Good - The console port of Wolfenstein will have new levels, weapons, and enemies.

The Bad - The online multiplayer side of the PC Wolfenstein was the best part of the game, and it ain't in the PS2 version.

The Ugly - The look on PS2 owners' faces when they realize Xbox gamers can play Wolfenstein online."

Going online was a bad move on Sony's part. Now that the stupid masses know about online gaming, maybe they'll realize how sad the PS2 online library is.

Highlite23
01-28-2003, 07:54 AM
You know what the best thing about all those mags are, and our reviews for that matter???

Your never really wrong, they are all opinions. And as my fave Ninja put it so elequantly...don't cry about reviews.

Hell, Ninja thinks i have a poor collection, but I like 'em.:)

Isn't the first time it's been said, but here it is again...

Read reviews to get abetter isea of what the game is about, rent it, and judge for yourself.;)

Ninja Scroll
01-28-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
You know what the best thing about all those mags are, and our reviews for that matter???

Your never really wrong, they are all opinions. And as my fave Ninja put it so elequantly...don't cry about reviews.

Read reviews to get abetter isea of what the game is about, rent it, and judge for yourself.;)

Nicely said highlite. Yo dawg, I dont even see you around anymore since you became an XBA staff member.:confused:

How's life bro?

Hey, you said you subscribe to EGM right? You see me in there?

XBA hero Ninja by Day! Pimped out playa Eddie in da evenings.

NAAAAIIII MEAN!?:)

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA

Read reviews to get abetter isea of what the game is about, rent it, and judge for yourself.;) That is why I have my own review system and I never go by what anyone else but Play Magazine. My reveiws are much different. I give Blinx a 9.9 and Gun Valkyrie a 9.9. I give Splinter Cell a 9.4 while giving MGS2 Substance a 9.7.

Play Magazine just gave their Game of the Years. Gun Valkyrie got Xbox game of the year and Blinx: The Timesweeper and JSRF were the follow ups. That magazine was exactly right.;)

LTM360
01-28-2003, 05:06 PM

Also its a sucks-gen system. I don't why any human would like this system all it was, was nintendo ****ing people off with it!

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
Also its a sucks-gen system. I don't why any human would like this system all it was, was nintendo ****ing people off with it! I'll admit that I actually agree with you. I personally though it was one of the worst systems I ever owned.

After reading the reviews in that EGM, all the guy complained about in DMC2 was that the game was too easy. I don't mind if a game is too easy.;)

xboxman_1
01-28-2003, 05:27 PM
I'll admit that I actually agree with you. I personally though it was one of the worst systems I ever owned.

Man, I have to disagree with you guys....I'm only 16, so I kind of grew up with the console...me and my friends played COUNTLESS hours of perfect dark, james bond, SSB, and starcraft on there...and I mean countless. Sure, good games were few and far between, but when you got a good one, it was a GOOD one. We even fire it up sometimes for another game of SSB or starcraft. Way more hours on it than my xbox so far.

battledrill
01-28-2003, 07:09 PM
The system that was the home for one of the greates games of all time (7 out of 10 gamers agree) Legend Of Zelda OOt, has to count for something. I kept it just to be able to play OOT and Mask Of Majora.

Brutal Grace
01-29-2003, 09:55 AM
Wrestlemania 2000 was a breakthrough title in its genre, too. You're right about N64 games being good when they were good.

I'll just add that I don't agree much with EGM's reviews, and so yeah, IMO they suck.

HaloMasterVI
01-29-2003, 10:10 AM
3do was better than N64 was.

y2kash_14
01-29-2003, 09:23 PM
First of all.....EGM rules any magazine/gaming website out there, thay are totally un-biased, your attitude towards them is, "aw crap the are biased because they downgraded an Xbox game because of minor things". Well, they ARE reviewing a game, every single (or most) bad things will lose points, they do it for every console, you probably just don't realize it, you just notice the Xbox ones. And that N64 thing was joke, but even if it were true, the N64 was a major step-up in 3d gaming. Think about it tons of Grade-A titles like:

Mario 64, Perfect Dark, Star Fox 64, Goldeneye, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Super Smash Bros., The Zelda Games, All (or most) of the Wrestling games were the best you were gonna get on any console. The list goes on.

Besides, why would they be biased against Xbox when they named it the console to beat the others?

xboxman_1
01-29-2003, 09:50 PM
100% true y2kash_14. Thats what I tried to say. Burning doesnt like EGM because they rated a few of his favorite games down. We're sorry Burning, but a game does not get a perfect score for any of the following reasons:

1. Has anime in it
2. Has a CG opening that is 2 hours long
3. Was Developed in Japan
4. Is voiced in Japanese
5. Is Cel-shaded

y2kash_14
01-29-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
100% true y2kash_14. Thats what I tried to say. Burning doesnt like EGM because they rated a few of his favorite games down. We're sorry Burning, but a game does not get a perfect score for any of the following reasons:

1. Has anime in it
4. Is voiced in Japanese
5. Is Cel-shaded

actually i was posting towards The Covenant, and correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't believe Burning Ranger said any of those things

HaloMasterVI
01-30-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
First of all.....EGM rules any magazine/gaming website out there, thay are totally un-biased, your attitude towards them is, "aw crap the are biased because they downgraded an Xbox game because of minor things". Well, they ARE reviewing a game, every single (or most) bad things will lose points, they do it for every console, you probably just don't realize it, you just notice the Xbox ones. And that N64 thing was joke, but even if it were true, the N64 was a major step-up in 3d gaming. Think about it tons of Grade-A titles like:

Mario 64, Perfect Dark, Star Fox 64, Goldeneye, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Super Smash Bros., The Zelda Games, All (or most) of the Wrestling games were the best you were gonna get on any console. The list goes on.

Besides, why would they be biased against Xbox when they named it the console to beat the others?

How do you explain them rating GTA Vice Cirty perfect 10s then?! Cm'on you know that game doesnt deserve perfect 10s! Have you played VC?! I would have given it 7's. Then they rated MGS2:S Higher than Splinter Cell, yet, in the holiday buyers guide, they recommend Splinter Cell for the spy genre....then they recommend Morrowind as RPG of 2002.

xboxman_1
01-30-2003, 03:13 PM
actually i was posting towards The Covenant, and correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't believe Burning Ranger said any of those things

I realize this...and those are all things Burning loves and think make a game a thousand times better if they have them. He has stated those things numerous times in other threads.

y2kash_14
01-30-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
How do you explain them rating GTA Vice Cirty perfect 10s then?! Cm'on you know that game doesnt deserve perfect 10s! Have you played VC?! I would have given it 7's. Then they rated MGS2:S Higher than Splinter Cell, yet, in the holiday buyers guide, they recommend Splinter Cell for the spy genre....then they recommend Morrowind as RPG of 2002.

because they have opinions, and in MY opinion, i DO believe that Vice City deserves Straight 10's and i DO believe MGS is better than Splinter Cell, whether or not anybody agree's with me is up to them

Cesar902
01-30-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
well Unreal Championship does suckr eally badly,
and DOAXV is sad.

Everything else is wrong, btu what do you expect from a bunch of californians? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

STEATH_MECH
02-01-2003, 12:32 PM
HEY WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN. i liv in cali.

and why the hell did they move.

i like EGM I SUBSCRIBE TO IT YEARLY. AND I bought mech assualt partly because they said it was a great game and it is. i disaggree with is to but hey we all disagree with some poeple.
i thing egm is a good magizine. could have a bigger xbox section though.

PS:
CA. HAS THE BEST CLIMATE IN THE USA ALONG WITH FL. :mad:

y2kash_14
02-01-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by STEATH_MECH

PS:
CA. HAS THE BEST CLIMATE IN THE USA ALONG WITH FL. :mad:

hehe, speaking of biased :rolleyes:

xboxman_1
02-01-2003, 03:37 PM
CA. HAS THE BEST CLIMATE IN THE USA ALONG WITH FL.

The Relevancy Meter hit a new low on that one....

JGennaro
02-04-2003, 09:19 PM
I am with the ones who like EGM magazine I have had a subscription to it since it started..I have every issue...and am still receiving the magazine..the only problem I have had with it is some issues are VERY slim and small but even OXM has done that..like with the past few issues..yeah that does aggravate me and SOME reviews I do not agree with but on the whole they really know what they are talking about...

xboxman_1
02-04-2003, 09:26 PM
I am with the ones who like EGM magazine I have had a subscription to it since it started..I have every issue...and am still receiving the magazine..the only problem I have had with it is some issues are VERY slim and small but even OXM has done that..like with the past few issues..yeah that does aggravate me and SOME reviews I do not agree with but on the whole they really know what they are talking about...

But the smallest of their issues are still bigger than the biggest OXM.

SPARTAN VI
02-07-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Dude, STFU, your not saying anything new here.
IGN.com sucks!
And while your judging EGM's reviews why dont you take a look at there scores for PoS2 & GC's in the March issue.
Everyone of those games reviewed for those respective consoles got slammed, flamed, and bashed straight to hell (outside of Dark Cloud).

So instead of throwing a cry baby tantrum like your doing now why dont you just stop reading there mag and STFU.

Im sick of you cry baby suckaz!:rolleyes:

Dude, he doesn't get EGM. I do. That's how he gets a hold of them.

We don't care for reviews any more, there is however a good chunk of EGMers that are on the XBOX side. They are rapidly moving away from the GC and tagging along with the PS2 and XBOX. I just hate the fact that their reviews are SO far off. Two guys give one game a 9.0 and 9.5 then some moron jumps in with a 3.0 knocking the game away from an award. Their reviews contradict each other so bad, doesn't make sense. My subsription already ended. I'm stickin with PCGAMER.:p

Stormlord
02-07-2003, 05:46 AM
I'm stickin with PCGAMER

Why would you switch to a mag that doesn't even review console games because you don't like EGM?

SPARTAN VI
02-09-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Stormlord
Why would you switch to a mag that doesn't even review console games because you don't like EGM?

No no no, you missed me ENTIRELY. I was subscribed to PCGAMER LONG before XBOX was on the drawing boards. I've always been reading PCGAMER and because I'm a HARDCORE GAMER, I play every game, on every platform. EGM, doesn't cover PC anyway, and thank the lord. Otherwise PC games would be subject to the same bias-ness.

xboxman_1
02-09-2003, 12:51 AM
So do you get any multi-console magazines now SPARTAN VI?

SPARTAN VI
02-09-2003, 03:29 AM
So do you get any multi-console magazines now SPARTAN VI?

I'm running on a 2 year subscription (1 year free) of GamePro, and I'm still waiting for the last issue to come in so I can make a nice, warm, fire with em. I was running on a free subscription of EGM, which came with my XBOX, courtesy of EB. Now I'm only subscribed to GamePro and PCGAMER, PCGAMER being the most obvious (and best) gaming magazine. They have great, hands on previews, accurate reviews, and a intelligent (and funny) staff.

stewy_gt
02-09-2003, 10:03 AM
They rated PDO poorly because its on rails? Are they out of their mind? Its like saying Halo sucks because its a FPS. It has been well established that PDO is a rail shooter, and a very beautiful, yet hard one at that. I just rented the game and tried it at the normal level. The first level was tough, and I got through it with a mere 'C'. The second level is even toughger, and I'm at the part where the other character ask you to help him defeat that monster on the river. Its a real beast. After hitting it a couple of times the beast flew out of the water and that biting flower head tried to kill me. PDO is awesome. You just can't rate PDO poorly because its a rail shooter. That's what they were aiming for, and it has been executed very well.

UC is also an online game, so the poor review means nothing. I guess they have no idea how to review games.

SPARTAN VI
02-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by stewy_gt

UC is also an online game, so the poor review means nothing. I guess they have no idea how to review games.

They sure can't, there is something critically wrong with their staff if they can't even agree on what is a good/bad game. They have mixed reviews which could seriously confuse a person that is trying to decide whether to buy the game or not.

xboxman_1
02-10-2003, 04:25 PM
They sure can't, there is something critically wrong with their staff if they can't even agree on what is a good/bad game. They have mixed reviews which could seriously confuse a person that is trying to decide whether to buy the game or not.

How is this something bad??? I think there is something critically wrong when a whole bunch of gamers totally agree on a game. The mixed reviews are good - they show what different people who like different types of games will think about a certain game. If you know that a certain reviewer doesn't like the same games as you, then don't listen to him - only listen to the ones who like the same games as you. A game doesn't have to get an award to be a good game.

xboxgamer142
02-11-2003, 06:01 AM
EGM can sometimes have good previews (example: Halo 2), but their reviews are now poor. I sometimes feel the same way for Sony-bribed Gamespot. IGN is a good site, but the whole IGN Insider thing drives me nuts.

SPARTAN VI
02-11-2003, 07:22 PM
How is this something bad??? I think there is something critically wrong when a whole bunch of gamers totally agree on a game. The mixed reviews are good - they show what different people who like different types of games will think about a certain game. If you know that a certain reviewer doesn't like the same games as you, then don't listen to him - only listen to the ones who like the same games as you. A game doesn't have to get an award to be a good game.

That is very bad, the biasness of ONE reviewer makes the difference between GOTY and a mere Silver Award. PDO would've gotten a Gold Award if it wasn't for the single biased score. One review really makes a difference.

Still, it beats GamePro. They only have ONE reviewer and it usually depends on what genre of game that he/she reviews. They rated BloodRayne better than most of the better XBOX games. The mixed reviews are more welcome there than EGM, and its a blessing when EGM's reviews actually agree.

xboxman_1
02-11-2003, 10:10 PM
That is very bad, the biasness of ONE reviewer makes the difference between GOTY and a mere Silver Award. PDO would've gotten a Gold Award if it wasn't for the single biased score. One review really makes a difference.

Did you not read all of my post?? A game doesn't need an award to be good. Plus - EGM does not give the GOTY award to the one with the highest award......

y2kash_14
02-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Still, it beats GamePro. They only have ONE reviewer and it usually depends on what genre of game that he/she reviews. They rated BloodRayne better than most of the better XBOX games. The mixed reviews are more welcome there than EGM, and its a blessing when EGM's reviews actually agree.

so what if PDO didn't get a Gold Award, it's not like they get anything special for having an award.

SPARTAN VI
02-13-2003, 12:00 AM
Even without the award, there are some reviewers that just should not be there. They have a hole in their staff so they grab some girl off the street that says her favorite console is N64, what biasness do you think she'll dish out? Yes, the games don't need awards to be good, I never said it needed one, but it really adds luster to its name. The more awards XBOX games get, the more appealing XBOX looks to the readers of EGM.

I could care less about the reviews, my opinion is worth more than theirs in terms of games I would enjoy. Doesn't matter anymore, my subscription ended. PCGAMER all the way.:D

y2kash_14
02-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
Even without the award, there are some reviewers that just should not be there. They have a hole in their staff so they grab some girl off the street that says her favorite console is N64, what biasness do you think she'll dish out? Yes, the games don't need awards to be good, I never said it needed one, but it really adds luster to its name. The more awards XBOX games get, the more appealing XBOX looks to the readers of EGM.

my favorite console is the SNES, does that make me biased?

STEATH_MECH
02-15-2003, 12:07 PM
all depends what you look at

c--b
02-15-2003, 04:13 PM
Im truly saddened by this news, how much of they're staff has changed? All of it? I may not subscribe to EGM, but I do have a fair amount of they're magazines. If its a big change Im a very sad person :(

Now, about game review idiocy. Giving Panzer Gragoon Orta a bad score just because its on rails...thats just plain stupid, the game has been like that from the beginning! But I digress, why does the game have to be on rails (aside from tradition) maybe they gave it a bad review because its just more of the same?

About Splinter Cell, you can skip movies. I cant remember how, but I swear I remember doing it.

On a side note: Anyone remember Expert Gamer (Formerly EGM2)? I hated that magazine. Do they even sell it anymore?

y2kash_14
02-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by c--b
Im truly saddened by this news, how much of they're staff has changed? All of it? I may not subscribe to EGM, but I do have a fair amount of they're magazines. If its a big change Im a very sad person :(

Now, about game review idiocy. Giving Panzer Gragoon Orta a bad score just because its on rails...thats just plain stupid, the game has been like that from the beginning! But I digress, why does the game have to be on rails (aside from tradition) maybe they gave it a bad review because its just more of the same?

About Splinter Cell, you can skip movies. I cant remember how, but I swear I remember doing it.

On a side note: Anyone remember Expert Gamer (Formerly EGM2)? I hated that magazine. Do they even sell it anymore?

Xpert Gamer was the greatest game mag, but then they turned into GameNOW, it all went downhill from there. Xpert Gamer (formerly EGM2) was THE greatest mag ever, but they also went through editor changes :(

SPARTAN VI
02-16-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
my favorite console is the SNES, does that make me biased?

You know what you have my friend? A very good point.:)

Cloud Strife
02-17-2003, 02:55 PM

1. Has anime in it
4. Is voiced in Japanese
5. Is Cel-shaded I'll admit that your exactly right about what I think. If a game doesn't have any of those features, I won't buy it.;) All those features make me feel very good inside.:D

SPARTAN VI
02-18-2003, 01:12 AM
I'll admit that your exactly right about what I think. If a game doesn't have any of those features, I won't buy it.;) All those features make me feel very good inside.:D

OT: Hey! BurnerRanger is back! :)

TheCovenant
02-21-2003, 09:15 PM

Whoa!?!?!?

Did someone twist that pineaple in your as$, while you read my post? Seriously, no need to flame. if i dont like egm, i can go on and state my feelings....whats so bad about that?
as for hating these "suckaz" who are "cry babies", that's fine. You can be as prejudice as you want, just dont express it in these forums. I mean that remark wasnt even constructive criticism, it was just plain mean.

and i still hate Egm, after that halo 2 issue, which i seriously loved and read over and over, everything went down the hole. way down the hole.

Ign.com rules all, from what i see. they have a unbiased review staff because they only rate xbox games.....the only thing they can be biased about is companies, and i dont really care what company they think is better........

and they recently decided to be hard raters.....well, relativly hard. and these are guys who really like their xbox........like me.

so i stick with my previous statement and say

EGM Sucks!

oh yea, and gamepro said once that "Circus Maximus is the best game on xbox". 'nuff said.

Kortiz
02-21-2003, 09:37 PM
if i buy a mag ever it is for the demos. and i rarely buy a mag ever,