PDA

View Full Version : XBOX problems....help

CBR900rr
11-26-2001, 11:39 AM
I love my box, but have a few problems...

#1 Whenever I turn on my system...it makes me have to set the clock. It wont keep the settings after I power down. Wierd huh?

#2 When I try and use a custom soundtrack in PG Racing, it wont let me. I have created the tracks, named them "Race" and they are saved fine in HD. I can listen to them arrange them etc... just fine. But when I run the PGR game it doesnt give me the option of "User CD" and when I try and use "User Radio" its the same crap soundtrack. I know how and where to change it, but somethings wrong.

anyone had these problems? I may return my Box when their in stock for replacement

thedrisc
11-26-2001, 11:46 AM
bad cmos battery or it could be problems with the board. return it!

I assume they are using a cmos battery of some sort to keep track of the time!

EliGC
11-26-2001, 12:08 PM
The batter for cmos is rechargebale. When I turn my Xbox after a few hours of it being disconnected its asks me to set my clock, during these holidays I played for 16 hours straight and it didn't ask me to set my clock for over two days now. So I suggest you play on it for a little longer or keep it plugged to the electrical outlet in order to charge the battery.

In PGR, when you're selecting soundtracks you will see two windows. The Left one is where you select from, the right one is what you've selected. Go to the left one and press right or left on your pad and you'll see your ripped tracks. You'll have to play around with volume for SFX and Ambient sound in order to hear your tracks properly.

l Maximus l
11-26-2001, 12:08 PM
CBR...I have PGR, too...and I listen to my personal CD collection that I burned on it just fine. Just go to the Music Manager, make sure you are in the CD mode and move all of the songs that are on the default list and insert your tracks. It was easy :)

As for the date on your XBox, I'm not sure...I don't pay too much attention to it since I am playing vids ;)