PDA

View Full Version : LOL!! Japan Xbox Live kits out sells Zelda!

XboxGamers
01-27-2003, 12:19 PM
LOL!! GO XBox!! PARTY!! :p

http://www.xboxevolved.com/xenews/view.php?id=371

See the sales chart here.

http://www.m-create.com/eng/e_ranking.html

Although console sale's in Japan have been lacking for our console of choice, it seems Xbox Live is holding its own nicely.

Media Create released Japanese top 20 software sales info for the week of Jan 13-19th, and coming in at lucky number 7 is Xbox Live.

What makes this news even more amazing is the Xbox Live starter kit's even out sold the new Zelda game from Nintendo.

Will Xbox Live give the Xbox a much needed boost in Sales in Japan? I guess we are going to have to wait and see, but initial results show it just might.

J Dub
01-27-2003, 12:29 PM
YAY victory is ours!

MerimacHamwich
01-27-2003, 12:31 PM
Well comparing software and hardware sales is usually not a very respectable thing, because hardware almost always sells less. However, in this case it is quite an enjoyable read. Seeing as software sales are almost always higher than hardware sales and this software title is suppose to be the big hitter for Nintendo. However, the Microsofts XBox XboxLive Kit is outselling it!

LynxFX
01-27-2003, 01:10 PM
That is cool, although hardly fair. Zelda was released a month before the Live kit so of course its sales will die down. Unless that shows total sales but I didn't see any indication. Just weekly.

Still glad that Live is doing well, even though I could care less what happens in Japan.

Kraft
01-27-2003, 01:37 PM
Not fair at all, though at this rate everyone in japan with an Xbox will have a live kit to boot. Hopefully they will all show their friends how cool it is and get some more people to buy xboxes...

wweomaniac
01-27-2003, 01:43 PM
despite everyone already having Zelda (thus explaining the drop in sales), I underestimated how well Live would do in Japan.I guess is better than I predicted.

It actually appeared in the top ten two weeks in a row!

I guess the PSO I&II offer was too good to refuse.

Hitman101
01-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Is it just me or does that Ghost Recon sig seen way to WIDE.:D

Kraft
01-27-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Hitman101
Is it just me or does that Ghost Recon sig seen way to WIDE.:D

Thats very true... I did a properties check on it to see how wide it was, but it told me 350... which I figured couldn't be right. Apparently someone is trying to fool the mods by putting up two images. Xboxgamers, you need to remove one of the images or size it down.

Cloud Strife
01-27-2003, 02:35 PM
Uh, The Legend of Zelda has been out since the end of last year in Japan, I think and has already sold 300,000 copies.

ARONO129
01-27-2003, 04:01 PM
Long live "LIVE". I can't wait to get it.

No Fear 23
01-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
Long live "LIVE". I can't wait to get it.

it'll be a blast

Cloud Strife
01-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
Long live "LIVE". I can't wait to get it. Neither can I. I just need some Xbox Live games right now.:(

There is one mis-understanding with the sales chart. The Legend of Zelda has been out for a while, of course sales will decline. Xbox Live just came out in Japan.

xboxman_1
01-27-2003, 05:35 PM
There is one mis-understanding with the sales chart. The Legend of Zelda has been out for a while, of course sales will decline. Xbox Live just came out in Japan.

Thanks Burning, this has already been established. :cool:

That is cool, although hardly fair. Zelda was released a month before the Live kit so of course its sales will die down. Unless that shows total sales but I didn't see any indication. Just weekly.

The Informer
01-28-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Uh, The Legend of Zelda has been out since the end of last year in Japan, I think and has already sold 300,000 copies.

I think its more around 600,000. Lemme just see if I can find some numbers.

Insane Jester
01-28-2003, 07:44 AM
i seen a article a few days ago think it was on t.v about how the japaneese are loseing intrest in gameing. once there biggest past time is now way down the line and they would rather play sports now than games.. even though its still the biggest game nation on the planet its steadly lowering. then u read post's like this and see sales boom on games. can we belive anyone at all ?

y2kash_14
01-29-2003, 10:26 PM
hey, i'm from Hawaii too ;)

Frostberg
01-29-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by J Dub
YAY victory is ours!

If you consider Xbox's 2.38% of the Market Share of the top 100 a victory....

Unreal
01-30-2003, 04:37 AM
I guess its good news. I would wait and see if it drops off of the charts first though. Two weeks is not a long time to be getting excited about.

jabrre
01-30-2003, 06:10 AM
The fact is that if Zelda doesnt do well in Japan and even here in the States, its over for the GameCube. Granted, because I have all the consoles, I did place an preorder for the game, but XBOX will be my main concentration, especially this year with games such as Halo 2, WWE Raw 2, BC, etc. I only counted on one new game Id be interested in for the PS2 (Tomb Raider, but thats delayed) and Zelda for the GameCube. Thats all, folks. I counted at least 10 games for the XBOX Im gonna get this year alone!!

Its very nice having all 3 consoles. This way I wont have to be concerned about the console wars.

Btw....going to EB today to buy another XBOX game today. Gotta love that green color on the console and the DVD cases. Some hate that color, I thinks its rather cool. Its also especially cool when St Patricks Day comes along.:)

kachingtensor
01-30-2003, 09:46 AM
It's good news that XBL is selling at all in Japan. :)

I got all 3 (actually 4) next-gen machines and agree that Xbox has more games coming this year that I am interested in than do the others combined.

FuNkY mOnK
01-30-2003, 11:16 AM
This thread is retarded but i'll bet that march 23 Zelda will out sell the live kit in the states.

Kraft
01-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
This thread is retarded but i'll bet that march 23 Zelda will out sell the live kit in the states.

Whats funny is when you say that, people will jump on you saying "dude, the live kit has been out for a long time... of course zelda is selling more."

FuNkY mOnK
01-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Whats funny is when you say that, people will jump on you saying "dude, the live kit has been out for a long time... of course zelda is selling more."
Thats why this thread is retarded it will be the exact opposite.

MerimacHamwich
01-30-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Insane Jester
i seen a article a few days ago think it was on t.v about how the japaneese are loseing intrest in gameing. once there biggest past time is now way down the line and they would rather play sports now than games.. even though its still the biggest game nation on the planet its steadly lowering. then u read post's like this and see sales boom on games. can we belive anyone at all ?

Japan isnt the biggest gaming nation in the world. I do believe Korea is.

I also have an iching feeling Zelda won't outsell the XboxLive kit.

Hitman101
01-30-2003, 11:38 AM
Thats what they get for making Zelda Cell shaded.:rolleyes:

FuNkY mOnK
01-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Hitman101
Thats what they get for making Zelda Cell shaded.:rolleyes:
What the hell are you talking about! Zelda will totally kick some major booty mark these words.

MerimacHamwich
01-30-2003, 12:02 PM
What the hell are you talking about! Zelda will totally kick some major booty mark these words.

I lost interest in it when I saw "Celda", it just didn't fit for me.

FuNkY mOnK
01-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I lost interest in it when I saw "Celda", it just didn't fit for me.
I played the demo which btw are available at eb, nothing like seeing it in motion.

XboxGamers
01-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
hey, i'm from Hawaii too ;)

Waassup cuz! I'm at da kine, Big Island side. :)

LTM360
02-01-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
I guess the PSO I&II offer was too good to refuse.

Yeah...hey wait a minute where is ours! This really isn't fair. PSO is a great game, in Japan they get it free, we get 2 shi* demos, and have to buy PSO on our own...

The Informer
02-01-2003, 07:54 PM

Agreed. Once you play it, you'll realize how much cell shading actually adds to the game.