PDA

View Full Version : opinions on Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

thallium
01-27-2003, 12:41 PM
What is everyones opinion on Baldur's gate: Dark Alliance. from to reviews i have read it sound good but I cant find a single place to rent it.
Does it live up to the hype in the reviews ie is it worth buying. and what style is it: ie is it a turn based adventure like the final fantasys or is it more like morrowind.

thanks for sharing your opinion

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 03:48 AM
It's more in the form of a D & D style RPG. It happens to be a very good game to. The gameplay is not turn based, it's real time. It has 2 player co-op play. The game was quite impressive I'd recommend it. I can't really explain what game it's like though. I'd say closest to Diablo on PC.

thallium
01-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Thanks Burning Ranger

EHWfedPres
01-28-2003, 01:33 PM
I played the ps2 Baldurs Gate game and I didnt like it at all.

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I played the ps2 Baldurs Gate game and I didnt like it at all. The Xbox version did play a lot better to me because I played both versions. However, I may buy the PS2 version because of the price.

DreamShifter
01-28-2003, 02:27 PM
What did they do different in the Xbox version over the PS2 version. I have the PS2 version, loved the game, but if alot if different, I guess I'll have to get the Xbox version as well.

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by DreamShifter
What did they do different in the Xbox version over the PS2 version. I have the PS2 version, loved the game, but if alot if different, I guess I'll have to get the Xbox version as well. I heard that all they did was add an extra difficulty level on the Xbox version but I'm not sure. However, EHWfedPres won't like any game that was one PS2 also. He just doesn't know how to use that controller right. I'd say don't worry about the Xbox version.

Morrowing Lord
01-30-2003, 06:01 PM
i HAD the xbox version and i say ps2 should have kept it.its crap to me the gameplay is alright but it just seems like its half the game.i beat it ,of course, and i thought there was a level after the onyx tower but theres not.you go trough the gate and thats it.there is no closer to it at all.its the worst way to end a game.the levels are alright there just really really really really long.but it all depends on you.it would be a good idea to rent it first.oh and its gameplay is short i beat it in 3 days.i should have rented it firts :mad:

Slayer02
02-03-2003, 03:32 PM
BGDA is a great game but you can beat it in 1 - 2 days so just rent it and beat it, co op is fun but besides that, no replay value

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 03:37 PM
it isnt anything like the baldurs gate on pc, which i thought it would be, so it dissappointed me a little. but i got used to the hack and slash goodness, so i think it's worth a good rent.

thumbs up!

OppiumNitrates
02-17-2003, 07:27 AM
I just pick this gem up a few days a go, kind of an acciadnet that I got it but well worth it. Its got some good RPG elemets to it and also some action since the fighting is not turn based. I'm an archer and I'm enjoying the game right now. I dont have alot of time to play it so I dont think I'll get though the game in 3 days. I would recommend this to RPG fans and also poeple who like a good RPG but not one thats riddiculously HUGE like Morrowind. Of course the game is more liner then morrowind also which is a downer but.

chainsonalice
03-01-2003, 03:27 AM
I loved it we rented it at blockbuster but there copy got warped so were in withdrawls any similar???????

Dulacc
03-01-2003, 07:22 AM
I was hoping it was going to be more like the original Baulder's Gate on the pc, but its a good decent game.

Slayer02
03-06-2003, 01:13 PM
I beat it in 4 hours, the most anonoying thing is the traps in the first act. It's KIND of like a really sooped up gauntlet.

xboxman_1
03-06-2003, 11:32 PM
OppiumNitrates, i see you're calling yourself the "Super Sayian Jedi Ninja." Is there anything that could kill a Super Sayian Jedi Ninja?

selowitch
03-20-2003, 06:19 PM
BG: DA is a very solid title. It is a well-executed, simple RPG with good voice acting, beautiful backgrounds and music, and fun gameplay if you have a strong thumb and do not mind a little button-mashing.

The game suffers a bit in single-player mode, and is much more fun when played with a friend.

pepitonet
05-07-2003, 09:26 PM
i heard it was good but if it can be beaten in 2 days then it must not be that good :huh:

kenji
05-11-2003, 08:32 PM
The game was a lot of fun, even if it can be beaten in about 3 days straight. The Onyx Tower had so many weapons that I thought there would be another level after it, but there is not. I think it was kind of stupid. You could have both games (1 & the upcoming sequel) on a single disk. AND if you can't transfer your game to the second one, it will sick. Beside that, it was a lot of fun in co-op with my brother and it is definantley worth renting. I still can't believe how they make us play the sequel.

Humanarchy
05-13-2003, 01:29 AM
BG: DA is a good game. One of only two good RPGs out now for the XBox. I liked the D&D style gameplay. It was kinda like Diablo lite. I enjoyed playing the game, but it was a bit repeative in parts. The level are big and full of interesting enemies. You will quickly top out in terms of armour and weapons tho.

BTW, there is a level after the endgame in the Onyx Tower - The Gauntlet! You can play as Drizz't! Then, if you beat the game in Extreme mode, you can play as Drizz't from the beginning.

Zonza
05-13-2003, 11:32 AM
I just beat the game yesterday, and in my opinion it was a very fun game. It is more like Diablo than FF or morrowind. The only problem i had with the game was that it was way to short. Me and my brother beat it in three days. I suggest you just rent the game. Its fun while it lasts