PDA

View Full Version : Members Questions to Lucasarts Needed!!!!

Kraft
01-27-2003, 02:16 PM
As many of you know, there have been plenty of requests and suggestions in the suggestion/idea forum asking for some propiortiy interviews exclusive to us here at XBA. Also, there have been requests that we field member's questions and deliever them to someone willing to answer. Well I am happy to inform you that we are taking care of both of these requests at once.

There will be an upcoming interview with Lucasarts about their game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (or KOTOR for short). We are looking for some intelligent, inquisitive questions to field to them from our members. Any questions you might have, feel free to post them in this thread. Please remember, though, that a lot questions could be answered just by visiting their official site at http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/default.htm So lets try not to flood this thread with questions that can be answered on your own! :D

Edit: Here is a really great thread about info that has been released about the game. I suggest you check it out: http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=156298&forum=26

No Fear 23
01-27-2003, 09:43 PM
i'll post a few questions here

1) What is your favorite part about the game?

2) How long have you been working on the game?

3) What do you hope the outcome of the game will be to the gamers?

Dre
01-28-2003, 09:31 AM
1) What stage of development is the game currently in?

2) Are there different styles of light sabre fighting? I think there are 7 jedi lightsabre styles in the books.

EHWfedPres
01-28-2003, 01:36 PM
I have a question about the game...

Can you go anywhere at any time or do you need to follow a specific path throughout the game?

battledrill
01-28-2003, 07:12 PM
1) Where does this game stand technologically and creatively compared to your previous work?

2) How does this game seperate itself from other innovative RPG's

3) Are there any ideas floating around regarding expansion discs for KOTOR?

hiter101
01-28-2003, 08:12 PM
Was George Lucas involved in anyway in the develpmont of the game and if so in which way???

xboxgamer142
02-02-2003, 02:14 AM
Here are a few of my questions:

1) On what exact date are you planning on releasing the game?

2) Will the game follow a particular storyline or will it be free to explore?

*Storyline (such as Shenmue II); Free to Explore (such as Morrowind)

3) How will lightsaber duels be coordinated?

4) Will it be possible to travel across an entire planet or will the exploration space will limited?

5) Could you tell us about the mini-games that will be included in the game?

6) How long has this game been in development?

7) Will there be a difference between the PC and Xbox versions?

8) What will players be able to do on the Ebon Hawk?

*Ebon Hawk (name of the ship that players will travel around in)

9) How many NPCs will you be including in the game? How will each of them differ?

10) Altogether, how many races and planets will the game have?

TheCovenant
02-02-2003, 03:11 PM
1) what is your team currently updating and fixing, that caused a delay in the game?

2) will there be downloadable content?

3) Since you have almost reached the completion of KOTOR, do you have any ideas up in the air for a new game?

4) what multiplayer aspects, if any, will KOTOR have?

5) How would this game compare, say, to final fantasy? Do you look at any of squares games for ideas? or will you stick to the baldurs gate style of rpg?

6)aside from yours, what rpg, for the xbox or otherwise, are you looking forward to?

7)What,if any, inspirations have you got from peter molynuex's upcoming FABLE?

8)Is bioware planning on becoming exclusive to the xbox?

9)How long do you expect gamers to spend on this game if they did all the mini-quests and such? how long if they didnt?

10)Are you thinking about expanding outside of rpg's and maybe into a new genre?

11) describe an average day in the offices of bioware.

12)will the KOTOR battle engine be in real time? or turn based? or a completely new thing?

13)will there be different endings?

14)What changed in your schedule that made your previous announcement of a fall 2002 to late february to may? is it that you are adding new things you didnt think about before? or did you give yourself a deadline that could not be met?

shrew king
02-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Will this game be more open-ended or linear, and to what extent?

[oXo]
02-06-2003, 11:22 AM
This a such a biggie for me and I would love an answer if possible:

I have read the links Kraft posted but they didn't answer this.

I read that there will be 3 "weapon modes" of saberfighting: single saber, dual sabers and doublebladed (maul) saber but...

Here is my Q.:
Will the lightsaber fighting system be the same or resemble the 3 or 6 styles from Jedi Outcast? Will it be the Single Player styles or Multiplayer styles? There is a big difference.
I, and all my MP friends, prefer the MP styles since they give more even flow and control in a battle.

In addition to the basic styles will special moves like the blue lunge (uppercut), yellow (overhead jump) finisher,red DFA, backstab and backswing moves be available?

...thanx;)

I hope i'm not too late?

LTM360
02-10-2003, 04:51 PM
1) What functions (if any), will there be with Xbox Live?

2) How will the battle mode take place?

3) Will it suck like 99% of all other Star Wars games?

4) Will there be multiplayer at all?

That's All.

EHWfedPres
02-16-2003, 01:11 PM
How much interaction is there with various aspects of the game other than fighting? Will you be able to interact with objects or houses or the environment in any way?

Knight
02-16-2003, 01:30 PM
Are you plaining a KOTOR2 right now or are you wait for the sales numbers to come in first?

Can any player walk the grey(not good or evil) side of the force?

SIVEL
02-28-2003, 11:00 AM
be XBOX EXCLUSIVE?

If not will it have XBOX exclusive features aside from Live.

Will it take full advantage of the XBOX hardware?

Will it be a 2 disc set?

Will you be releasing the game with a DVD of Episode III ;)

Can I have an autograph?

Will you adopt me?

Ralph Wiggum Quote of the day:
Mrs. Krabapple and Principal Skinner were in the closet makin babies, and I saw one of the babies, and it looked at me! :p

EDIT: if you need to test your sigs out, please go the the appropriate thread in the off topic forum... this isn't the place.

shrew king
02-28-2003, 05:40 PM
When is this interview going to happen? (I am asking the mods)

MerimacHamwich
03-07-2003, 03:24 PM
There is only one character you can be?
Is there any customization of that character?
How does he evolve?
Do you have to choose his abilities? Are they given? Do they evolve over time?
Space Exploration?
Graphical Techniques used in the game?
Innovation?
Randomly generated side missions?
Control Scheme?
Ability to change point of view? (ie: third person, first person)
Camera control?(ie fixed or free angles?)
Real Time or CG backgrounds?

More questions may come to me later.

EHWfedPres
03-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
When is this interview going to happen? (I am asking the mods)

id like to know also

VeNoMiZA
03-09-2003, 05:17 PM
here is one tuff question. why in the preview that came with the xbox mag, why does the game look like crap? why does it look choppy, and why does the character run like a robot? why the slow moe attack thing? why oes the characters look generic? why?why?why????? are you gonna improve it? do you know if you dont your gonna lose out on attracting me? why does this look like morrowind? why do you compare this to fina lfantasy 7? why do you think it will become successfull? are you proud of it deep inside? do you think they couldve done better? well those arem y questions and i m not joking.

EHWfedPres
03-09-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
here is one tuff question. why in the preview that came with the xbox mag, why does the game look like crap? why does it look choppy, and why does the character run like a robot? why the slow moe attack thing? why oes the characters look generic? why?why?why????? are you gonna improve it? do you know if you dont your gonna lose out on attracting me? why does this look like morrowind? why do you compare this to fina lfantasy 7? why do you think it will become successfull? are you proud of it deep inside? do you think they couldve done better? well those arem y questions and i m not joking.

it looks like crap because the screenshots were blown up and out of proportion and the video was probably altered in size as well. The characters look generic because you get to create your own, they probably made a generic looking character because they were in a hurry or whatever. I dont think it looks like morrowind and final fantasy games suck big balls, they are not even real rpg's (according to the standards set by the ORIGINAL rpg's, on pen and paper), of course it will be successful, everyone is going crazy over it...