PDA

View Full Version : Kotor "delayed"!

Brevity
01-28-2003, 09:03 AM
I got this today. I am like very sad about this, I guess I just hope it wil make the game better. And if you read this right it might not even be out by that date they may wait till after E3?

Dear EBgames.com Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering
from us, we'll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let
you know that we have changed the projected ship date for Star Wars: Knights
of the Old Republic to April 1st, 2003. The publisher did not provide us
with a specific date so this is our best estimate only and should not be
considered firm. We will update this date again as we receive new
information.
:rolleyes:

studepaber
01-28-2003, 09:10 AM
Shouldn't we be used to delays be now?? :confused: Ah well I guess it's all for the better.

hiter101
01-28-2003, 09:21 AM
THIS IS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS WAITING FOR THE GAME THEY ANNOUNCED IT WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Dre
01-28-2003, 09:22 AM
Its impossible that it was delayed since Bioware or LucasArts never gave a more specific release date than Spring 2003.

I guess thats why quotes were there on the word "delayed":D

This game is my most anticipated game in the near future... we are seriously lacking RPG's. We really need a good RPG to come to Xbox soon!

Brevity
01-28-2003, 09:41 AM
Sorry ya I put the title like that b/c EB till today had the time for shipping listed as like 2/23 or close to it, so as you might expect I was really getting ready to play this one.:o
And as far as delay = Better games,,,,,well just think back a little way to games like Morrowind the delay still did not fix many problems, also UC, and others the list goes on.:rolleyes:

Insane Jester
01-28-2003, 10:13 AM
POSTED BY studepaber. Shouldn't we be used to delays be now?? LOL yes we should .. i knew it in the back of my mind .. nearly every game i really really want gets delayed. oh well mybe the tweaking they do will be worth it .

studepaber
01-28-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
Sorry ya I put the title like that b/c EB till today had the time for shipping listed as like 2/23 or close to it, so as you might expect I was really getting ready to play this one.:o
And as far as delay = Better games,,,,,well just think back a little way to games like Morrowind the delay still did not fix many problems, also UC, and others the list goes on.:rolleyes:

Yea but who knows how many more problems those games would've had without without those couple months worth of fixing them. I hope we can't say the same thing about KOTOR and umm Brute Force when they come out, though, I have high expectations for these two...

MerimacHamwich
01-28-2003, 01:29 PM
How can you get so upset about delays. My god, the dvelopers are doing what they can to make the game the best they can. If that is going to take a little while, well, then so be it. As for Morrowind, as I have said before, I have never experienced the bugs everyone talks about. No errors or anything. It plays exacty like the PC version did when it first came out. Now onto Unreal Championship, yes there are some bugs. Now imagine what it would hve been like if they released it earlier. Then you guys would have acctually had something to complain about. It would have been pretty horrible. The development time does make a game better, whether you want to belive it or not.

Shadow20002
01-28-2003, 03:09 PM
That was i though in the few days ago. There are no announcements about the release date or something like a preview before the game ship to retailers. That is just mean the game will be delay. :(

thedrisc
01-28-2003, 03:27 PM
This is just EB preorder crap. They always do this. The official sites say one thing then EB puts a release date 3 months ahead of the official site. They did it to morrowind and they just did it with Halo2. They had a release date of June for halo2 while everyone else said winter 2003. Don't Believe EB release dates

Besides Halo2 this is the game I want the most. It’s looking great and should be a real blast.

Brevity
01-29-2003, 09:18 AM
I just got his this morning. Wow I cant wait to see what I get tomorrow.lol

Dear EBgames.com Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering
from us, we'll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let
you know that we have changed the projected ship date for Star Wars: Knights
of the Old Republic to May 1st, 2003. The publisher did not provide us with
a specific date so this is our best estimate only and should not be
considered firm. We will update this date again as we receive new
information. As always, EBgames.com will not charge your credit card until
we ship your order.

They have no clue.

Brutal Grace
01-29-2003, 10:06 AM
Well, you know, by April and May the snow will have melted.........:cool:

Liquid Gears
01-29-2003, 10:16 AM
Delay after delay after delay......:rolleyes:

XBox is really pi$$ing me off lately with all the damn delays. Don't they know how to stay on schedule?

Dirty DeStrO
01-29-2003, 12:11 PM
Yeah I just checked www.ebgames.com again today and now it says
May 1, 2003

BO ****e

Cloud Strife
01-29-2003, 01:02 PM
I saw Gamestop had it at a May release date for a long time now. I doesn't really surprise me because they want to be sure the game is quality.

MerimacHamwich
01-29-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

XBox is really pi$$ing me off lately with all the damn delays. Don't they know how to stay on schedule?

Exactly how long have you been into video games?

If you have been into them for over a year you should know that Microsoft does not develop, publish, produce and/or do anything else on every single game that gets released. Infact, they are usually only found in a small amount of games released compared to an overall whole of games.

Also, games always get delayed, since the days of NES. It isn't anything new, and it isn't solely attributed to Xbox titles.

Cloud Strife
01-29-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

XBox is really pi$$ing me off lately with all the damn delays. Don't they know how to stay on schedule? Yous should be used to this right now because the Nintendo 64 had even more of them for all I know.

That's why I didn't support it.;)

Brevity
01-29-2003, 04:19 PM
Right MH I would have not even of posted this sept I was totaly looking for this game sooner and feel into thinking it was comming out on 2-26 or there abouts. I had even hid away some money for it.:rolleyes:

Liquid Gears
01-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Exactly how long have you been into video games?

My whole life

And yeah, they've always delayed releases. But not 4 times over like XBox games.

MerimacHamwich
01-29-2003, 07:01 PM
Oh yes they have Liquid Gears, yes they have. Besides, this is not even a delay. The official release ate was never anounced. This is just a store making projections on when they think it will come out. As is the case with most of the "delays" anounced by people.

Brevity, I didn't mean to offend you or anything. I too am really looking forward to this game.
:)